Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is the animosity between Dublin people and the rest of the country real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

not technically correct - Im not a Dub and i call them crisps ... I even call Tayto's Crisps :D

That's just your madness your far out man.You have your own names for everything and fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

triona1 wrote: »
    That's just your madness your far out man.You have your own names for everything and fair play.

you cant call it madness these days - its politically Incorrect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

McGruber wrote: »
    Well, we put a toll up to try and keep the Cavan people out.

Putting two tolls on the M3 wasn't smart, it's deserted and the slower alternative routes are brimming.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Don't deny your kinfolk, you're a culchie alright.

Being from Dublin living in kildare I agree

Being from Dublin living in kildare I agree

Born in Dublin fair city.

• Advertisement

Putting two tolls on the M3 wasn't smart, it's deserted and the slower alternative routes are brimming.

Cut off Slower Alternative Routes ... Simpelz! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

You know how some (well a fair few) of people up in Dublin talk about people out in the sticks as being Cultchies and a bit t'ick or all farmers or inbred's ... is this all just friendly banter and a laugh or what? - its not serious is it.

And you know the fuss some Dubliners make when the people travel up (from Sligo haha :D ) and shop up in Dublin on certain days with the Dubliners feeling like they have been invaded is that all a laugh what is said , or said toungue in cheek, or is there animosity there? - surely its good isnt it people travelling up to Dublin to spend their hard earned (farmed :D ) cash isnt it?

"Down to Dublin."
    "Up to Sligo."
    Or even "Over to Dublin."

Take an aul gander at a map there Andy ;)

s4uv3 wrote: »
    "Down to Dublin."
    "Up to Sligo."

True Technically ... but i always say "up in Dublin.." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Grandeeod wrote: »
    In Dublin it north vs south with west Dublin totally fooking confused.
    Probably because the Dublin West/South West/Inner City region is the most socioeconomically disadvantaged region in the country so they are excluded from the battle between Northsiders/Southsiders battling for posho supremacy.

Omackeral wrote: »
    The only thing I hate about non Dubs is them calling all crisps, regardless of brand, 'Taytos'.

Are we (the Culchies) the only ones who say Minerals for soft drinks? - or do you call it Minerals up there in Dublin too?

• Advertisement

Born in Dublin fair city.

ooh - stay clear of Tommy Dillon , hes a serial whore that one ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Culchies think Dubs hate them so, consequently, culchies dislike Dubs ........... what culchies don't realise is that Dubs don't even give culchies a second thought, we just don't care enough to warrant any animosity towards them.

I think its so unfair that people have to pay a toll entering Dublin from the west on the motorway, sure we are all poor us that dont live in Dublin - I think if I run this country I would just charge the Toll for Dubliners coming out of Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Are we (the Culchies) the only ones who say Minerals for soft drinks? - or do you call it Minerals up there in Dublin too?
    What's this 'we'? I thought you were a blow-in or have you now got special Sligo citizenship status?

s4uv3 wrote: »
    "Down to Dublin."
    "Up to Sligo."

You're wrong there, it's always "up to Dublin" no matter where in the country you're coming from and it's always "down to Ballywherever" when coming from Dublin to anywhere in the country ........... except Donegal and Belfast, we always say "we're going up to Belfast".

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Culchies think Dubs hate them so, consequently, culchies dislike Dubs ........... what culchies don't realise is that Dubs don't even give culchies a second thought, we just don't care enough to warrant any animosity towards them.

culchies dislike Dubs because Dubs actually have up to date modern things like a great public transport system, larger and better shops and fast Broadband :pac: - its Jealous we are...

"Minerals" is nationwide Andy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I don't dislike all Dubs, there are at least 3 that are fairly sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Inner city Dubs (and I say this as a Dub) are as crazy as any country hillbilly.

For all the slagging about being inbred, weird and fooked up that certain elements of country people get, I can stand over the fact that inner city Dubs are just the same. Now obviously I'm not talking about Garret from Dalkey, who now lives in the inner city. Nor am I talking about Seamus from Claremorris who now lives in the inner city. I'm talking about folk that were reared in the inner city of Dublin. They are predominately fooking lunatics, just like the best you'll meet from the far reaches of the sticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

I think every culchie should experience Dublin at some point but just don't get stuck there. A culchie's worse nightmare is one of their kids wearing a Dublin jersey or speaking with a Dublin accent :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Inner city Dubs (and I say this as a Dub) are as crazy as any country hillbilly.

For all the slagging about being inbred, weird and fooked up that certain elements of country people get, I can stand over the fact that inner city Dubs are just the same. Now obviously I'm not talking about Garret from Dalkey, who now lives in the inner city. Nor am I talking about Seamus from Claremorris who now lives in the inner city. I'm talking about folk that were reared in the inner city of Dublin. They are predominately fooking lunatics, just like the best you'll meet from the far reaches of the sticks.

Ah yes, the "Bleedin' Jay-zus!" crew.

Permanently angry and aggressive over nothing.

Shint0 wrote: »
    What's this 'we'? I thought you were a blow-in or have you now got special Sligo citizenship status?

yeah i have decided im irish because of how long i have stayed for - no-one has contested it yet (until maybe now) so I am Irish by default, plus the rest of the family are all proper Irish innit, so i dont want to be the odd one out :) - sure if I could afford the (well it was €950 last time I checked) payment I could become proper Irish citizen loike ...

It was very, very smart indeed for our heroic capitalist businessman who bravely financed said toll stations, getting a written guarantee from the state that they would compensate him each year so that he would earn a minimum few million euro in profit. Such risktakers of the free market.

I'm an Inner City Dub, born and reared!!!

And .......... you have a point, we are slightly unhinged ......... but only slightly!!! ;)

I think every culchie should experience Dublin at some point but just don't get stuck there. A culchie's worse nightmare is one of their kids wearing a Dublin jersey or speaking with a Dublin accent :eek:

Most of the young wan's in Sligo speak with a Dublin Accent ... well I say Dublin, but it could be mixed with a bit of american accent too - maybe its not cool to speak with a shligo accent any more to dem ...

Funny you say that, every Dub's worse nightmare is raising a child that speaks like one of D'Unbelievables!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

I'm just back in Dublin from Sligo, an no, there was no animosity between myself and the culchies I was visiting.

I'm not sure about the world you live in though Andy, that's a different planet entirely.

"Minerals" is nationwide Andy.

right you are thanks, I will proudly ask for a mineral next time Im up in Dublin so ...

Story Bud? wrote: »
    I'm just back in Dublin from Sligo, an no, there was no animosity between myself and the culchies I was visiting.

I'm not sure about the world you live in though Andy, that's a different planet entirely.

Leave me alone - i'm happy out! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm an Inner City Dub, born and reared!!!

And .......... you have a point, we are slightly unhinged ......... but only slightly!!! ;)

My father was inner city born and reared. He's crazy!:D

Advertisement