Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curb Your Enthusiasm [Season 9]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Who remembers Funkhouser as Super Dave the Daredevil Stuntman back in the 70’s and 80’s? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The Shucker turned out to be a great ep, after a slow start. Larry Long Balls is the line of the season. LD racing with Miranda reminded me of Season one with the girl in the lift. Only one ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Leon on Judge Judy is something I never knew I wanted until I actually saw it before my very eyes. I could have done with am entire episode of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Leon's expression when he noticed the plant missing and that delivery of f*ck was epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Leon is the shows MVP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Thats Larry long balls :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Saw this last night and loved it.

I laughed at Jeff's cowboy transformation.

Also, love how Larry just decides to throw people out immediately after dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

the best line i think in this series so far was when jeff asks leon to leave cause hes wants a private talk with larry. and leon goes “Once I start laughing, I'm a part of this sh1t.” thought that was brilliant

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I would love to have JB Smoove on the SatNav

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

And now, the end is near... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Started slowly then some really lovely pieces and a classic ending ....much like the series itself

All the best Lar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is that it? No more?

Really strong finish if so. Outfit tracking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

sonofenoch wrote: »
    It is.....would love to know why Sky Atlantic choose to show it at the most ridiculous times....sign language hours

Sign language done by the correct signer is a powerful thing !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Started and finished S9 last weekend. It's good at times and still better than most comedies on tv, but taken as a whole season I just felt it was very tired. The joke is wearing a bit thin I feel, and the set ups are very obvious. I still enjoyed it though.

A couple of other comments: Cheryl has aged a lot since the last series, Funkhouser looks permanently stunned (in a Bruce Jenner really bad facelift way), but Larry and Jeff just look like Larry and Jeff!

Started and finished S9 last weekend. It's good at times and still better than most comedies on tv, but taken as a whole season I just felt it was very tired. The joke is wearing a bit thin I feel, and the set ups are very obvious. I still enjoyed it though.

A couple of other comments: Cheryl has aged a lot since the last series, Funkhouser looks permanently stunned (in a Bruce Jenner really bad facelift way), but Larry and Jeff just look like Larry and Jeff!

Agree with a lot that you say.

Watch the finale last night and thought it was a weaker episode.

It could be down to me though also not really knowing the famous musical writer.

Enjoyed the season overall but it was full of hits and misses.

Nothing will beat those early seasons but I suppose it's hard to keep up those high standards over a sustained period of times and also be consistent.

As you say though it's still better than the majority of comedies on TV today.
    I wonder if we'll get a season 10 ?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agree with a lot that you say.

Watch the finale last night and thought it was a weaker episode.

It could be down to me though also not really knowing the famous musical writer.

Enjoyed the season overall but it was full of hits and misses.

Nothing will beat those early seasons but I suppose it's hard to keep up those high standards over a sustained period of times and also be consistent.

As you say though it's still better than the majority of comedies on TV today.
    I wonder if we'll get a season 10 ?

I guess that depends on the size of the cheque doesn't it?!

Unfortunately I think that was a big reason for doing this last season. It's not really added anything to the body of work. I wouldn't think any less of the show if it stayed at 8 seasons; but equally I don' think any better of it based on the addition of S9.

I guess that depends on the size of the cheque doesn't it?!

Unfortunately I think that was a big reason for doing this last season. It's not really added anything to the body of work. I wouldn't think any less of the show if it stayed at 8 seasons; but equally I don' think any better of it based on the addition of S9.

A tad harsh, there were some good moments and episodes. I liked the deliberate accidental text one for instance.

murpho999 wrote: »
    A tad harsh, there were some good moments and episodes. I liked the deliberate accidental text one for instance.

I think if you read my earlier post I'm bot saying there weren't some good moments! I'm not saying it was crap by any means!

The accidental text idea is hardly new though - I've used it myself more than once, and going back years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Loved it , agree there were some good and some average episodes.
    A half decent curb is still miles ahead of most comedy shows.
    The guest actors were great, Bryan Cranston especially.
    Here's hoping for another season, with Leon...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

Filming has finally started on Season 10.

No plot details or premiere date have been given out.

https://www.thewrap.com/curb-your-enthusiasm-season-10-begins-filming-production/

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Arcsurvivor

Pretty Pretty Good. On a side note, Larry David congratulating Julia Louis-Dreyfus for winning the Mark Twain prize is hilarious and like a small sketch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvgR03Qg4_U.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Funkhauser's dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

Funkhauser's dead!

RIP Marty, one of my favourite characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Glebee wrote: »
    RIP Marty, one of my favourite characters.

He was excellent.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they work his death into the show somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

He was excellent.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they work his death into the show somehow.

hopefully involving the wan from the palestinian chicken place!
    his eulogy at his nephew's funeral was hilarious.

'he was like the son i never had, until my daughter decided to become a man!' (or something like that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

New season in January!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I read somewhere yesterday that they wouldn't be "killing off" Marty. They're going to speak about him as if he's still alive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement