Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curb Your Enthusiasm [Season 9]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

The look on Larry's face when he was getting changed cracked me up.

Episode 6 was definitely my favourite episode of Curb in a long time, in seasons possibly. Even though LD got taken down the usual few pegs by the end of the episode, it was still nice (and necessary) to see him have some good times with his friends and be useful to them and admired by them.

With LD and his friends, I find that the show can go way OTT at times with how often and easily Larry pisses them off, and how they never really get along with Larry. Now, such moments have produced comedy gold in the show, but there are instances when it just feels old, forced and very unreal/avoidable as a situation. Times like that, you wonder why the group are friends with LD in the first place, and why LD bothers with them too. This episode hit the balance just right in that context and it was very refreshing, real even, rather than parody.

LD is the GOAT of course, but Marty Funkhouser is my favourite character in the show by now. His eventual freak-out about the water was great - "It tastes like I am dipping a straw into a frog's butt and am sucking out of it" :pac:

I've only ever seen the actor on Curb, but I must have a look and see what else he's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I did like the double stare down too.

Was that the first of the series or was there another one that I’m blanking on at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Pretty sure there was a stare down a few episodes ago. I felt the scene was overly familiar to really enjoy it.

S.M.B. wrote:
    Pretty sure there was a stare down a few episodes ago. I felt the scene was overly familiar to really enjoy it.

7N7Zznv.gif

I like the stare, the double stare this week was a nice new take. It's not that I'm in stitches looking at LD do it, at this stage it is just a very familiar, welcome mannerism of the character. As running jokes go, I don't mind it at all. Also, I feel we're due a 'Prittay...prittay...prit-tay' soon :)

The one criticism I have of this excellent episode - The conclusion of the scene in the changing room with Lewis' honey girlfriend female acquaintance. The use of unintentional erections/pants tents which cause an awkward situation for LD is a long jaded plot device by now. For me anyway. Even though the one in the latest episode was a call back to the first ever episode of Curb, it just feels lazy and rehashed at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

it was one of the best episode in a long time, id put it right up there with some of the best. "bald fcuk"...hahahaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The bit with the spritzer girl at the department store had me in tears laughing and it was just a split second.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Loved ep 6, the accidental text in purpose was very Seinfeldian, lots of funny scenes.

Funk's gf was a psycho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Episode 6 was definitely my favourite episode of Curb in a long time, in seasons possibly. Even though LD got taken down the usual few pegs by the end of the episode, it was still nice (and necessary) to see him have some good times with his friends and be useful to them and admired by them.

With LD and his friends, I find that the show can go way OTT at times with how often and easily Larry pisses them off, and how they never really get along with Larry. Now, such moments have produced comedy gold in the show, but there are instances when it just feels old, forced and very unreal/avoidable as a situation. Times like that, you wonder why the group are friends with LD in the first place, and why LD bothers with them too. This episode hit the balance just right in that context and it was very refreshing, real even, rather than parody.

LD is the GOAT of course, but Marty Funkhouser is my favourite character in the show by now. His eventual freak-out about the water was great - "It tastes like I am dipping a straw into a frog's butt and am sucking out of it" :pac:

I've only ever seen the actor on Curb, but I must have a look and see what else he's in.

He used be a regular on the Letterman show as fake stuntman 'Super Dave Osbourne' basically the same deadpan character as Funkhouser.....the chemistry between the 2 was very funny

Don't recall seeing him anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Larry Middleman on Arrested Development!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

The staring expression of pure hatred on Funkhouser's face when he looks at LD always cracks me up. :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

New episode is brilliant! Fcuk scent!
    Poor uber driver

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This last one cracked me up.
    JB Smoove and LD are the best comedy pairing on TV at the moment.

Loved NAMASTE, the scene where Larry pretends he has aspergas was hilarious. "I'm a good driver".

Hopefully we seen Cousin Andy before the season closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

what was the joke at the end?

do i hear a jew?

and then

I'm not doing that!!

what do jewish women not do?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Loved it when Larry broke into laughter at the suggestion of fostering a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

That was a really good episode, one of the best ever. I'm struggling to recall a better one.

it's unusual to see so many episodes where things are working out in his favour!!

His glasses fogging up when he walked in the door :D

"Fatwa!" :D

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Thank you, Mooftis and Mufti’s :D

Probably the weakest ep in a while, more funnier moments in Namaste, possibly didn't help with the lack of Jeff Suzie and Leon. Things I did like, Funkhauser living it up lol. The Pemberton interview, and LD laying into Eddie. I found the tribunal part a bit too convoluted but realised it had to be done.

"Now get under those covers. You're going to go to sleep...and I'm going to have sex with your mother" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

"Now get under those covers. You're going to go to sleep...and I'm going to have sex with your mother" :D

As soon as he walked into the room and sat on the boy on his bed did anyone think "ehhhhhh a bit Kevin Spacey...."? :eek:

Bad timing for Larry.

As soon as he walked into the room and sat on the boy on his bed did anyone think "ehhhhhh a bit Kevin Spacey...."? :eek:

Bad timing for Larry.

erm.. NO!!

WTF??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

smuckers wrote: »
    Probably the weakest ep in a while, more funnier moments in Namaste, possibly didn't help with the lack of Jeff Suzie and Leon. Things I did like, Funkhauser living it up lol. The Pemberton interview, and LD laying into Eddie. I found the tribunal part a bit too convoluted but realised it had to be done.

mirror of the court case in the Seinfeld finale where they reviewed things the characters had done.

Flip the tip ....gratitude sex...we don't queue for seconds

:D another great episode

only 2 left, could be the last

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bad timing for Larry.

Seriously how do you make that connection? There was no sexual assault whatsoever and it was a comedic scene.

Really don't want to live in a world where people can't make jokes and people twist it to something completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bad timing for Larry.

^^ Is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on Boards and it's a sad state of affairs that you are making such a connection

• Advertisement

Funkhouser giving Larry the death stare again in the restaurant...:D

CPL 593H

Advertisement