Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mirror- Netflix [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

Thought Electric Dreams the Philip K Dick short stories released in the 50's/60's was similar also. More episodes planned 2018. Episode 6 of Electric Dreams is really good Bryan Cranston, Liam Cunningham.

Can Electric Dreams also be watched out of order?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

nc6000 wrote: »

Yep, they're all self-contained stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

nc6000 wrote: »

Yeah and like Black Mirror there is a couple of episodes that are not great also... The Train one played on my mind something terrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,297 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah and like Black Mirror there is a couple of episodes that are not great also... The Train one played on my mind something terrible...
    I only watched the first 4...but of those I thought the train one (the commuter) was the best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Electric Dreams is poor in my opinion. A good anthology show is Inside no 9. It's more comedy than black mirror but has some of the darkest moments ever.

Keep away from Room 104 which is Hbo's anthology show. I was very disappointed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Unearthly wrote: »
    Electric Dreams is poor in my opinion. A good anthology show is Inside no 9. It's more comedy than black mirror but has some of the darkest moments ever.

Keep away from Room 104 which is Hbo's anthology show. I was very disappointed with it.

And the new series is here - not sure what I thought of the first episode, good and cringey at the same time with some great moments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Unearthly wrote: »

You must not have read any of Philip K Dicks books then. Electric Dreams is very close to his story telling and writing style. I'd say Charlie Brooker is a big fan of Philip K Dick.

Heard of any of these: Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, The Adjustment Bureau, Total Recall. They are all adaptations of of PkD's novels/short stories.

A Scanner Darkley is very close to the book!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

4 episodes in. So far USS Callister is my fav.

But, why was Crocodile called crocodile ?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/black-mirror/feature/a846493/black-mirror-crocodile-episode-title-explained/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bump: Just watched the White Christmas special, I noticed another easter egg, Beth sings a song in the karaoke, Anyone who knows what love is, I realise this is the same song sung in Season one's episode 2 15 Million Credits by the character Abi.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »

Thats just one big spoiler and doesn't even answer the question. Or did I skim past it?
    Stopped reading when I seen child shown killed off screen,
    Huh!? Whatever way that works!

Bump: Just watched the White Christmas special, I noticed another easter egg, Beth sings a song in the karaoke, Anyone who knows what love is, I realise this is the same song sung in Season one's episode 2 15 Million Credits by the character Abi.

Its in a few episodes San Junipero too I think. Must be a funeral song!

Cool song!

Thats just one big spoiler and doesn't even answer the question. Or did I skim past it?
    Stopped reading when I seen child shown killed off screen,
    Huh!? Whatever way that works!

Well Jaysus why would you read it if you haven't seen the episode.

Well Jaysus why would you read it if you haven't seen the episode.

I've seen all episodes. Why would I if I hadn't!

I've seen all episodes. Why would I if I hadn't!

I see :)

I see :)

Was saying
    how could it be shown if its offscreen....

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

It's also played throughout Crocodile and if I recall correctly also in Men Against Fire?

Someone must like that song ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That song recurs in loads of episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jordoo

With Metalhead, I felt like there wasn't enough context in relation to the story. Anyone else feel like this? Really frustrating episode as I was so confused how these dogs came about, and why..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Jordoo wrote: »
    With Metalhead, I felt like there wasn't enough context in relation to the story. Anyone else feel like this? Really frustrating episode as I was so confused how these dogs came about, and why..

Yeah it was annoying, I just watched it last night and they were a great concept, like a cross between a dog and a cockroach - I kept thinking this was the result of Boston Dynamics gone wrong .. they make similar dog like robots.

I think Google might have bought them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Yeah it was annoying, I just watched it last night and they were a great concept, like a cross between a dog and a cockroach - I kept thinking this was the result of Boston Dynamics gone wrong .. they make similar dog like robots.

I think Google might have bought them.
    Brooker himself said it was based on watching videos of the Boston Dynamics dogs so you're right there!

Jordoo wrote: »

The whole point is to leave it to your imagination!

The whole point is to leave it to your imagination!

Thought the point was the teddy bear they were trying to get

fritzelly wrote: »
    Thought the point was the teddy bear they were trying to get

So what the dogs came about because of the want to get a teddy bear. Think bigger!

So what the dogs came about because of the want to get a teddy bear. Think bigger!

Uh? They risked their lives for a reminder of humanity in a bleak landscape

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Crocodile was a good episode but was dark as f-ck - same with the black museum.

Metalhead was great - dark but not too much so.

USS Callister was silly.

Hang the DJ was the best one, I like the positive episodes - that and San Junipero are my favourite of the whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Decided to skip Crocodile and watch Hang The DJ... loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Black Museum is brilliant probably the best of the recent lot , like a black mirror inside a black mirror , I wish the episode was 4 episodes long and we got the story behind everything in the museum.

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Uh? They risked their lives for a reminder of humanity in a bleak landscape

Read back there! You're going off topic.

Advertisement