Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup of FSA - 2016/2017 (FPL)

Options
  • 26-07-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭

World Cup you say? Well let me explain :)

I've been toying with this idea for a couple of seasons now and it's purely a bit of fun like the draft we had running two season ago. The idea is pretty simple and mostly influenced by Emmet02's Ireland vs England epic saga.

While that was simply Ireland vs England it got me thinking. What about a bigger scope, the entire world perhaps. It is after all the global fantasy game right?

So I present to you:

The inaugural World Cup of FSA - 2016/2017

I've been working the logistics and I can just about figure out about 9 teams:

1. England
    2. Celtic Nations (Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland
    3. Spain
    4. France
    5. Belgium
    6. EU countries - without the aforementioned nations numbered 2-5 (Heh I made a political joke :cool:)
    7. Africa
    8. South America
    9. Rest of the World (Non-EU European countries, Asia, North and Central America, Oceanica etc)

Perhaps both the EU and Rest of the World could be constructed differently to make fielding teams easier? Also there are issues over goalkeepers for Africa and Forwards for a couple of teams but we could iron those out - Possible solution allowing uncapped English players or English players below a certain price threshold.

Obviously this would be for regular FSA posters who would actually contribute to the thread throughout the year rather than silent and ruthless partners in an ideal world.

- Random draw for teams
    - The setting up of a second throwaway account for league and ease of competition (None of these teams are going to win anything :pac:)
    - I'd suggest 2 iterations of each team, at most. So probably 18 max, although it'd be interesting to see if 2 people would set up the same crop of players differently or more if the demand was off the scale.
    - Decide on transfers, captaincy, chips before competition begins.

What are people's thoughts? Is there an interest? I have little love for admin duties so I want this to run as straightforward as possible if at all :pac:

I'm not taking names or anything just yet. I just want to see what ye think and there'll be no cash involved this is purely good clean fun folks. I'm the Anti-Blatter :)

world-cup.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

In

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Me likes! IN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

Sure why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Nice idea and would consider it. A second account would need another email address, I presume? I also presume the FPL overlords still frown on second teams but surely this is harmless stuff and many people have second teams for novelty leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'd be interested too.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sounds fun. I'm in. I'll be England save someone else the hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

I'm in too.ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

In order to count with my 2 European Champions (Cedric & Fonte) I must get EU countries...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

jimmii wrote: »
    Sounds fun. I'm in. I'll be England save someone else the hassle!

Random draw for teams stated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Invincible wrote: »
    Random draw for teams stated.

Yeh I saw. But sure who wants to be England like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Really interesting idea

• Registered Users Posts: 37,624 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In if there's still room.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm in if there's still space.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sounds great. But I think if I had anything more than 1 FPL team to obsess over my head would explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

In if there is space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd be up for this. I did a Spain vs Belgium&France with a mate a couple of years ago and it was good craic, it was level going into the last gameweek and my Spain won it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

interested as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Definitely interested.

But would decline if random draw gives me Portugal :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I'm in if there's room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ok we currently have:

1. Mr.Prodston
    2. KevIRL
    3. bezuaua
    4. Invincible
    5. alchemist33
    6. T-bon3
    7. stephenl15
    8. jimmii
    9. hurlingman97
    10. MarkSRFC21
    11. eagle eye
    12. Scorpion Sting
    13. mectavba
    14. Dearg81
    15. AdpRo
    16. iroced
    17. finnharpsboy
    18. ?

If FHFC decides he's not playing then we have one spot remaining. Unless another 9 people want in for a 3rd replication? But that's overkill I reckon.

Africa have no goalkeepers and the rest of the world's best forward is Okazaki by my reckoning so I must devise a system to plug those gaps. Probably cheap English players.

Teams will be randomly assigned whenever I get around to doing it. Some will have selection headaches due to surplus players, mainly whoever gets England and pretty much everyone else will have 20 players to choose from if they're lucky :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Steve Mandanda was born in Africa so he could be used.

Welcome all to the draw for managers and their teams for the inaugural World Cup of FSA exclusive to the Fantasy Sports Arena and their media partner FSA Network News.

*highlights montage of classic FSA Moments such as KevIRL's youtube downfall spoof of roryc, Futureguy reprimanding an unruly guest, FHFC and Busts engaging in some dusty debate about theory, Iroced enlightening us about all things French and PVA scoring a freekick whilst having a Triple captain armband*

Firstly lets remind you all of the teams involved in the World Cup of FSA:

1. England
    2. Celtic Nations (Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland)
    3. Spain
    4. France
    5. Belgium
    6. EU (Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden)
    7. Africa
    8. South America
    9. Rest of the World (Non EU countries, Asia, Central and North America and Oceanica plus the entire universe)

And now for the managers:

1. Mr.Prodston
    2. KevIRL
    3. bezuaua
    4. Invincible
    5. alchemist33
    6. T-bon3
    7. stephenl15
    8. jimmii
    9. hurlingman97
    10. MarkSRFC21
    11. eagle eye
    12. Scorpion Sting
    13. mectavba
    14. Dearg81
    15. AdpRo
    16. iroced
    17. finnharpsboy
    18. Copper Pipe*(added)

Once it's established whether or not FHFC is in or out we'll announce it on FSA Network News. Our intrepid reporter was hoping he'd see the thread and confirm if he was in or out.

*Mickey Turner and Graz Pelle join us on the stage for our draw*

The draw was conducted earlier through the first website on a google search that would draw numbers in random order and was entered on Excel. But now the draw:

Teams: Managers:

England 6. T-bon3
    Celtic Nations 3. bezuaua
    Spain 16. iroced
    France 11. eagle eye
    Belgium 12. Scorpion Sting
    EU countries 10. MarkSRFC21
    Africa 17. finnharpsboy
    South America 4. Invincible
    Rest of the World  13. mectavba
    England 14. Dearg81
    Celtic Nations 1. Mr.Prodston
    Spain 18. Copper Pipe*added
    France 5. alchemist33
    Belgium 8. jimmii
    EU countries 15. AdpRo
    Africa 2. KevIRL
    South America 9. hurlingman97
    Rest of the World  7. stephenl15

OGc7Pmj.jpg

So there you have it folks the draw is out and teams and managers are allocated.

Go nuts picking your teams and I'll set up a league at somestage with a pin. Any issues and we can thrash them out on the thread. FHFC has Spain if he's in and if he's out it should entice another poster to join the fold.

That's it from the draw in Prodston Towers. Remember that together we are the world :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sorry Mr P. Not been following this thread. That was a no from me.

I want nothing to distract me from me campaign for FPL world domination.

FHFC wrote: »
    Sorry Mr P. Not been following this thread. That was a no from me.

I want nothing to distract me from me campaign for FPL world domination.

I was assuming it was but I was too lazy to check until I realised I needed to do the draw :pac: Once a team is set up there'll be no real work involved though

*1 Additional Poster Required To Manage Spain*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

must dig out the vuvuzela's to warm up my Africans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

In if theres room

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Steps towards fsa world champion

Step 1. Manage South America

Step 2. Entice Suarez back to epl to lead us to glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Vive la France! Vive la liberté! Vive l'égalité....

Non, non, attendez. Mort a l'égalité! Vive la victoire Francais!

• Advertisement

In if theres room

Hola.

Bienvenido a la Copa del Mundo de la FSA mi amigo Tuberías de Cobre :)

Edit to translate: Yes you're in :pac:

Advertisement