Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup of FSA - 2016/2017 (FPL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ok how about this:

For teams unable to field an actual player or one with a reasonable chance of starting they can choose a goalkeeper or defender with a starting price of 4.5 and a midfielder or forward of 5.5 or less?

A cap of 3 such players. If a player comes into a game from a nation then we can see about swapping them into teams.

These "wildcard players" must start from the bench and can sub in as required.

How does that sound?

Seems a fair enough compromise. Only fair if the same rules apply to everyone and Belgium definitely need a bit of help! Even with 3 extras getting 11 out is going to be unlikely initially!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

These "wildcard players" must start from the bench and can sub in as required.

Wont work for the Africans as both GK's are going to be "wildcards".

I think if you have "wildcard" players they should be allowed to play but you cannot transfer them out again unless a player from that country/zone/continent is signed before the close of the transfer window and if such a player is signed, the wildcard must be immediately transferred out. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

No Way Jose

Spain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Any final decision on the "wildcard players"?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

bezuaua wrote: »
    Any final decision on the "wildcard players"?

Basically whatever I outlined yesterday, within reason. If you have no goalkeeper then obviously you can start one of them.

But actual national players must start ahead of those cheaper "wildcard" players where possible. It's the luck of the draw basically, you'd expect south America to out perform the Celtic nations and that England would have more options than Belgium in defence

As long as nobody takes the p!ss then we should be grand.

I hope we're all relatively happy :pac: I'm sure issues will be clearer after a few weeks anyway.

• Advertisement

Basically whatever I outlined yesterday, within reason. If you have no goalkeeper then obviously you can start one of them.

But actual national players must start ahead of those cheaper "wildcard" players where possible. It's the luck of the draw basically, you'd expect south America to out perform the Celtic nations and that England would have more options than Belgium in defence

As long as nobody takes the p!ss then we should be grand.

I hope we're all relatively happy :pac: I'm sure issues will be clearer after a few weeks anyway.

Soubds fair enough to me. Definitely helps with Belgium!

Belgium are dropping De Laet, Fellaini and Dembele is that fair enough or does Dembele not count as he is an expected starter after his suspension? With those 3 that gives me 6 outfield players that I am confident of getting 90 minutes from Belgian players all seem to be in tatters right now!

Change of plan its now De Laet, Dembele & Origi!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'll probably drop Remy, since my only possible forward line appears to be Giroud Remy Mousset and I probably won't have 11 play for a few weeks if ever. Mousset might get a game somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Taking a break from my main team today I've managed to finalise my EU side, and I have to say I'm fairly happy with it.

Cech
    Fuchs - Pieters - VVD
    Arnie - Eriksen - Fischer - Wijnaldum
    Ibra(c) - Janssen - Borini

Fabianski - PVA - Olsson - Ozil

Barring injuries I'm pretty happy I can field 11 starters for most of the year with that squad. Now it's time to win it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

UK team in: RollyPollySamsArmy

Hopefully get to through another eye over it later. Main team giving me a headache!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Subject to the "wildcard" amendment....my rest of the world team now has Borini. The only other option is Asano from Arsenal who is unlikely to see game time.

So I have chosen the useless Italian...if I have breached any rules, please notify me or deduct the few points borini takes from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

I've entered a team, American Allsorts.
    I can't get the team I'd on mobile or tablet, laptop away for upgrade.
    Gomes Speroni
    Valencia Hernandez Funds Mori Rojo Paredas
    Firminio Sanchez Willian Ramirez Oscar
    Aguero Rondon Valencia

Edit : Team ID 2793989

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is this a head to head league?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KevIRL wrote: »
    Is this a head to head league?

No, classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Captain Mahrez and Musa get my irrelephant elephants up and running with 16 from 2

Lloris off just what France needed! We should message all the Premier League teams letting them know what positions we need covered for each country before the transfer market closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

How come we only have 17 teams in, did someone forget to enter? :D

28pts, with 7 players left to play.

Currently on 12 but have Captain Haz tonight and have Phillips, Borini & Evans coming off the bench with 10 and it would be great if Courtois was given the night off so I got Mingolet off the bench! Not often you see a GK only make 2 saves let in 3 and still get bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What is the story with transfers and chips? Was it agreed to go with okay till the transfer window closes?

Could it be opened for Jan transfer window again? But only for players who are actually transferred in during Jan? Might help the teams missing players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

KevIRL wrote: »
    What is the story with transfers and chips? Was it agreed to go with okay till the transfer window closes?

Could it be opened for Jan transfer window again? But only for players who are actually transferred in during Jan? Might help the teams missing players.

Yeah no transfers after the summer window closes makes most sense.

That idea for Jan makes sense too. We can see how things go but it's likely to be the fairest thing.

*crosses fingers for a Bale return before the end of the season* :pac:

I'm guessing nobody wants Mandanda now? ;)

But lloris's injury leaves us French keeperless. I might have to invoke my second wildcard for a non-Frenchie if he's out for a while.

OTOH, captain Martial did the business for us yesterday, but the South Americans look strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So just to get this right and quick since I'm gonna have very very very little time for this team in the next 2 weeks.

Transfers are OK until GW4? Transfer window deadline is 31 August right?

And we haven't come to an agreement re-(missing) keepers, though with Spain I've no pb here.

iroced wrote: »
    So just to get this right and quick since I'm gonna have very very very little time for this team in the next 2 weeks.

Transfers are OK until GW4? Transfer window deadline is 31 August right?

And we haven't come to an agreement re-(missing) keepers, though with Spain I've no pb here.

The keepers is sorted by the wildcard players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Good start by the South American lads, looks like Fat Sams boys will have a decent challenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

It was a good start alright.

I'm sure all will be back to normal next week

Aguero will hobble off after 15 mins and coutinho will be back to pot shots from 40 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Can I get a striker instead of Asano for my ROW team then or whats the craic? 5.5 or less?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Can I get a striker instead of Asano for my ROW team then or whats the craic? 5.5 or less?

When I had a look for this (for Remy, who's probably heading abroad), Borini was the only option who would play for 5.5 or under.

Assuming Asano won't be playing (I've never heard of him), he could be one of your three as long as you put him on the bench.

stephenl15 wrote: »

Yeh everyone can have 3 wildcard players in place of not having a player or having a player that is not likely to start. I went with Borini up front instead of Origi for example. I am really hoping Tekkers gets a move so I can get some minutes out of him to accompany Lukaku & Bats.

• Advertisement

When I had a look for this (for Remy, who's probably heading abroad), Borini was the only option who would play for 5.5 or under.

Assuming Asano won't be playing (I've never heard of him), he could be one of your three as long as you put him on the bench.

And Diomande for Hull. Having him instead of Borini would have got a few of us off to a better start!

Advertisement