Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup of FSA - 2016/2017 (FPL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

ID: 177

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

In
    Fat Sam's 3 Loins
    id - 847616

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Irrelephant Elephant

ID: 238986

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

In

EU Misfits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

In

Mkhitaryans Exiles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Team name : Toto
    ID : 954138

What is the story with keepers for us Africans?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Will join tomorrow at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭Invincible

Will join tomorrow at some stage

As will I

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Joined just there.

Team name is BentekeFriedChicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Guardiola's Ced

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »

I think I'll just pick Yaya's non identical triplet brothers DDG and Cech :D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Joined...mectavba....940361

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Has there been rules settled on re transfers etc. Do we have until the end of the transfer window?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its actually hard to select a Belgian squad!

Being Belgium I came up with the catchy name of Belgium.

ID 1946662

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

KevIRL wrote: »
    Team name : Toto
    ID : 954138

It's a good question.

Africa is possibly in the top 3 strongest teams so I'd be reluctant to say any English 4.5 keeper but I don't really know what else works?

What do ye think about it as I don't really mind once it's relatively fair. Says the man with 4/5 keepers that won't play :pac:

It's a good question.

Africa is possibly in the top 3 strongest teams so I'd be reluctant to say any English 4.5 keeper but I don't really know what else works?

What do ye think about it as I don't really mind once it's relatively fair. Says the man with 4/5 keepers that won't play :pac:

Any non-english 4.5 not picked in another team? Is that workable?

Alternatively I'd swap Mignolet for a player likely to get 90 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Rest of World could do with a first choice keeper and a couple of strikers too. It's getting closer to deadline :P

My suggestion would be Mandanda and a 4m non-playing keeper for the Africans and Lloris and a 4m non-playing keeper for the French.

jimmii wrote: »
    Its actually hard to select a Belgian squad!

Tell me about it! The defence is in rag order, hardly any available for the first gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

In

Team name: South America

Any update on my enquiry re Teixeira. The brazillian born slovak youth international.

What about any keeper that didn't score over 100 points last season?

Or keepers playing for the newly promoted sides only?

Edit: I see Courtois got less than 100 so maybe that less than 100 points ain't feasible

Edit again :D : what about maximum spend on gk of no more than 8.5m for the Africans and 9.5m for the French?

Edit number 3: or a squad of 14 with one "wildcard" pick for all. Eg 14 eu players + 1 non changeable pick that stays for the season regardless of injury.

For the Africans that be 13 Africans, 1 4.0m goalkeeper and 1 "wildcard" pick.

Tell me about it! The defence is in rag order, hardly any available for the first gameweek.

And the guys that does start are all premium prices I ended up with 4m for the third forward first draft and it's not like you cam trim things much anywhere as there aren't many players to pick from!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Les Quinze Baguettes sont arrivé (sorry iroced, I know something's wrong there).

We're a little loathe to let Mandanda leave, given he made his Franch debut in 2008, and definitely not for a non-player (if Lloris gets injured we'd have no keeper). But if we can have a playing second keeper, we could negotiate a transfer...

Re transfers, it's make transfers up to the transfer window slamming shut, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

ID: 238986

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Any way of getting a playing gk ?

Hennessey Myhill

Coleman williams Robertson Dealaney Evans

Snodgrass Boyd Ramsey Davis Phillips

Vokes Long Rhodes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Seeing how the Celts and ROW can't field a playing goalie makes me feel pretty guilty about having two (possibly). How about the previous idea of everyone having one (or two if needed) wildcard players from anywhere, under a certain price e.g. 5.0?

Seeing how the Celts and ROW can't field a playing goalie makes me feel pretty guilty about having two (possibly). How about the previous idea of everyone having one (or two if needed) wildcard players from anywhere, under a certain price e.g. 5.0?

Yeah I think that's the way to go. Limited choices for so many of the teams is making it very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ok how about this:

For teams unable to field an actual player or one with a reasonable chance of starting they can choose a goalkeeper or defender with a starting price of 4.5 and a midfielder or forward of 5.5 or less?

A cap of 3 such players. If a player comes into a game from a nation then we can see about swapping them into teams.

These "wildcard players" must start from the bench and can sub in as required.

How does that sound?

• Advertisement

I would imagine only England are able to comfortably get a side together where they will be confident of having 11 90 minuters each week. GK is the only position that looks good right now for Belgium defense, midfield and attacker is dire!

Advertisement