Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thor: Ragnarok

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Neither did I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

kerplun k wrote: »
    Probably better for her to have missed it.
    If you consider how Warrior Three were so ruthlessly killed off, with zero emotional impact, Sif probably would have met the same fate. Thor didn’t even seem to notice his friends had been killed.

So many big things happened in this film. But it was buried under comedy, you never really felt the full impact. Some of the consequences of this film lead me to believe that Infinity War will act as a soft reboot for the MCU.
    Offing those lads was super-quick. I'm guessing Ray Stevenson &
    Zachary Levi must have been paid a full appearance fee for showing up in which case that's a handy half-day's work. They're on-screen for about 15 seconds.
    :rolleyes:

KerranJast wrote: »
    Offing those lads was super-quick. I'm guessing Ray Stevenson &
    Zachary Levi must have been paid a full appearance fee for showing up in which case that's a handy half-day's work. They're on-screen for about 15 seconds.
    :rolleyes:
    Levi
    was announced as the new
    Shazam
    so no surprises there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Levi
    was announced as the new
    Shazam
    so no surprises there

Not the right thread for this but how did they not go with
    John Cena
    there especially when you have The Rock playing Black Adam. With the right script played more for laughs that could have been amazing.

Wait.

I did not know that Levi was the blonde haired fella in the Thor movies.

• Advertisement

Wait.

I did not know that Levi was the blonde haired fella in the Thor movies.

Not the first film. Dark World and this

Not the first film. Dark World and this

Wait.

I never knew they had two separate actors for that blonde haired fella in Thor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,337 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wait.

You had quite a morning :D

pjohnson wrote: »
    You had quite a morning :D

Mind-blown.

My friend was much worse yesterday when he realised Dr. Bashir from Deep Space 9 and Gaius from Battlestar Galactica are actually two different people.

I'm glad the Hulk had more lines to say than "Hulk Smash!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Wait.

Out of all 4 of Thor's merry men and woman. The only character name I remember is The Lady Sif and that's only because she's been in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D twice. And I consider myself a pretty decent MCU fan.

flazio wrote: »
    Out of all 4 of Thor's merry men and woman. The only character name I remember is The Lady Sif and that's only because she's been in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D twice. And I consider myself a pretty decent MCU fan.

There's Asian man, blonde fella, other guy, and lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

flazio wrote: »

Didn't help that they were always referred to as "Lady Sif and the Warriors Three"

I only remember their names due to the comics, not the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,337 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Penn wrote: »
    Didn't help that they were always referred to as "Lady Sif and the Warriors Three"

I only remember their names due to the comics, not the MCU.
    Fandral, Hogun & BigGimli?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Mind-blown.

My friend was much worse yesterday when he realised Dr. Bashir from Deep Space 9 and Gaius from Battlestar Galactica are actually two different people.

WHAT

ArthurG wrote: »
    WHAT

Did I just blow your mind too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Mind-blown.

*WTF*.

Wait - is it actually a common misconception that they're the same person? Completely unrelated to Thor, sure, but still.

They look nothing alike

• Advertisement

Different chin, nose, eyes, colour, hairline, neck etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

How did we go from Thor Ragnarok to Deep Space Nine actor James Callis?

kerplun k wrote: »
    How did we go from Thor Ragnarok to Deep Space Nine actor James Callis?

You mean BSG actor Alexander Siddig (who has some major family ties it must be said)

You mean BSG actor Alexander Siddig (who has some major family ties it must be said)

That's right. His uncle is Malcolm McDowell, who played Soran in Star Trek: Generations.

I just discovered that Alexander Siddig's real name is Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi.

I can see why he changed it.

And back to Thor. It's a great movie.

I just discovered that Alexander Siddig's real name is Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi.

I can see why he changed it.

And back to Thor. It's a great movie.

Wasn't Siddig one of the warriors three?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Blue Goose wrote: »
    Saw this today, it was good but felt there was potential there for it to be great, the best part was the fight scene between Hulk and Thor. The comdedy and light hearted tone killed it's potential, it could have been so much more if there was more gravity to the characters, more menace and a darker tone.

A lot of the kudos this movie has achieved is for the exact reasons you didn't like this one. Did you prefer the first two?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I imagine Marvel Studios took one look at the success of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies and decided that the lighter tone for the space stories seems to be what the audience want.

TBH Thor #1 had a light-hearted tone that came close to #3, though #1 was a bit more campy. Thor #2 went for the more grittier feel, but I think they saw people didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much. Plus it didn't do anywhere near as well as they probably thought it would - making only $20m more than #1.

So they probably realised that, with the Thor movies, lighter tone work best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

For me the removed the worst part of the 1st two thor movies , The Human element , It wasn't too bad in the 1st but it absolutely ruined Dark World which I really liked , One minute you had Malekeith murdering asguardians and the next they were cutting to Selvig running around naked and it focusing on Jane with the Aether , That should have been Sif's story

Advertisement