Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thor: Ragnarok

Options
  • 25-07-2016 1:58pm

Seemingly a trailer was shown at Comic Con, in which it details what Thor and Hulk got up to during the events of Civil War.

This image gives an idea as to what supposedly is happening.

T3BC7p3.jpg

I'm very excited about this, but mostly because I found out that Taika Waititi is directing, who is quickly becoming one of my favourite directors, with great movies like Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Boy, Eagle vs Shark, and, of course, What We Do in the Shadows.

The guy has a fantastic eye for comedy, so I expect touching moments and extremely quotable lines throughout.

IMDB

I'm not going to look for the Comic Con trailer and will wait until we get an official release, because you're almost guaranteed that any footage will look like it was filmed on a potato.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Don't worry Marvel aren't releasing any of the Comic Con footage outside of the Doctor Strange trailer.

Never watch a trailer that isn't from an official source, or you'll more than likely be disappointed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Sooooo ... have we all seen Doctor Strange by now?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Sooooo ... have we all seen Doctor Strange by now?

Yup. Post credit scene linked in nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Loughc wrote:

Do we know was it directed by Waititi? There we pics revealed of them filming in NY so safe to say Strange will make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Do we know was it directed by Waititi? There we pics revealed of them filming in NY so safe to say Strange will make an appearance.

I think it was Waitti who shot the stinger for the credits.

James Gunn did a lot shooting on the Strange sets as well he shot Stan Lee's cameo as well as Lee's for the next 4 film cameos at the same time.

To save Lee from traveling to much over the next few years they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Loughc wrote: »

From where the universe left off previously I’m presuming that was a mid movie scene from Ragnarok (like the one after Ant Man) rather than a scene that occurs before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'm not happy his beautiful hair

:(

• Advertisement

The colour styling makes me think they're going back to the style of the first Thor movie over the serious & greyness of the 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I still haven't gotten my head around Taika Waititi as director.

Thor: Ragnarok trailer may air tomorrow during AoS in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thor cut his hair

looks good, is this end of the Thor franchise ???

Are Guardians of the galaxy set in the same planet as thor or are they different planets ???

He's a friend from work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thor cut his hair

looks good, is this end of the Thor franchise ???

Are Guardians of the galaxy set in the same planet as thor or are they different planets ???

Different planets.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Different planets.

People in the TV series such as Daredevil, Jessica Jones etc have no idea they such advanced civilization live on other planets in the same universe. The bad guys on TV would be swatted like fly's by the mega villians like Thanos

• Registered Users Posts: 45,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looks like it will be too much of a comedy for my liking.

Surprised there wasn't a record scratch at the beginning of the trailer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looks like a lot of fun to me, especially after how boring The Dark World was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not sure of the name but is an xmen in there? The one that absorbs power to use in his gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Not sure of the name but is an xmen in there? The one that absorbs power to use in his gun?

Bishop?

I doubt it... great character though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nope, it's Idris Elba playing Heimdall once more, albeit looking a little scruffier than usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Thor getting dragged around like a ragdoll for most of the trailer. Seems they've completely underpowered him once more, just like they've done for the whole MCU so far. Going by the trailer and what we've seen of the universe so far, are we supposed to just assume he's on par with the Hulk in terms of strength without Mjolnir despite action set pieces continually showing otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Looks fun, was hoping we might get an MCU version of Planet Hulk but hopefully Ragnarok does a decent job its take.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

PTH2009 wrote: »
    People in the TV series such as Daredevil, Jessica Jones etc have no idea they such advanced civilization live on other planets in the same universe. The bad guys on TV would be swatted like fly's by the mega villians like Thanos

The "event" and "those guys" gets mentioned in Daredevil etc. They leave that stuff to the likes of Ironman and co.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

zerks wrote: »
    The "event" and "those guys" gets mentioned in Daredevil etc. They leave that stuff to the likes of Ironman and co.

I've always thought the Netflix TV shows should stop being so coy about referencing the events of the MCU with these subtle nods. I get why they feel the need to, and some of the politics in Marvel between the TV & film divisions, but at the end of the day, New York was trashed by a full-on alien invasion through a wormhole.

It feels jarring that these series which supposedly emphasise the 'street level' view of the Marvel world wouldn't be turned upside down by those events. Hysteria, jingoism, paranoia, political strife should be everywhere; heck people should be crippled in therapy just from having a giant space-slug crash on their apartment, yet all we get at these winks & nods like it was any other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Going by the trailer and what we've seen of the universe so far, are we supposed to just assume he's on par with the Hulk in terms of strength without Mjolnir despite action set pieces continually showing otherwise?

Haven't read the comics but is this incorrect? Would Hulk just batter Thor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Haven't read the comics but is this incorrect? Would Hulk just batter Thor?

They are supposed to be on the same level. But you wouldn't know it going by the films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Thought the trailer was very like guardians of the galaxy was half expecting an appearance by starlord ,
    Liking it so far

Advertisement