Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thor: Ragnarok

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

got that "guardians " vibe off it too. not a bad thing IMO.

LOL'd at the part where he shouts "yes" when he recognises the hulk.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Bishop?

I doubt it... great character though.

Isnt he in Deadpool 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Tefral

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Haven't read the comics but is this incorrect? Would Hulk just batter Thor?

Thor in the comics would be much stronger than the Hulk. Thor fought and beat the celestial Exitar the Exterminator. When he was fighting Beta Ray bill he hit Bill so hard he broke the planet they were on.

In the comics his hammer doesn't augment his strength this actually his belt Megingjord.

MCU Thor is a complete pussy compared to the comics unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Liked that trailer. Great music choice too, and I'm confident that Waititi will deliver one of the best MCU films to date

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

its a stupid thing to be focusing on but i love the "logo effect" too.

takes me back to very early 80s Sci/FI stuff like battle beyond the stars flash gordon and the like, in fact im pretty sure the original transformers film used the effect in its trailer too.

:D

man im still smiling at it. gotta give them top marks for a trailer that hooks without spoiling.

• Advertisement

What I love most is that Taika Waititi's stamp can be seen throughout the trailer, especially with the "we're friends from work" joke. So damned excited about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Isnt he in Deadpool 2?

You're thinking of Cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

Looks like great fun. I love the music choice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Really good trailer! How can the film live up to this!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tefral wrote: »

I can understand it actually, if Thor was as strong as he is in the comics, it would suffer from the same problem that all the Superman films suffer from, namely a character that can solve any problem with brute strength.

At least Hulk has the down side of uncontrollable rage while he has his strength.

I thought that it was a very good trailer, very unusual for it to not show off the entire film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I was expecting something more given the way James Gunn hyped it up. He was obviously just flattered by the Guardians Vibe off it. Think he meant to say best Thor trailer not Marvel trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Immigrant Song was an inspired song choice..

.. looks fun!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Basq wrote: »
    Immigrant Song was an inspired song choice..

.. looks fun!

Surprised it took them this long to use that song with Thor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

That looks awesome fun. Love the "I know what you're thinking, how did this happen" intro and the "we're friends" line. Really looks like this will be fun fun fun while at the same time changing the landscape of the MCU (Asgard getting blown away?). Also, I love how this looks like it'll seamlessly introduce the Avengers/Asgard 'world' to the grander of GotG 'world'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Best part of this trailer is no sign of Natalie Portman and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Tefral wrote: »
    Thor in the comics would be much stronger than the Hulk. Thor fought and beat the celestial Exitar the Exterminator. When he was fighting Beta Ray bill he hit Bill so hard he broke the planet they were on.

In the comics his hammer doesn't augment his strength this actually his belt Megingjord.

I believe I remember reading once that Hulk would ultimately win in a fight between the two. Whilst Thor is just as strong as Hulk in terms of pure muscle, Hulk wins out because he is virtually unkillable.

It'll be great to see them actually go toe to toe in this as Thor really was held down for the sake of the movies to make it seem like he actually had a challenge in the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well the Hulk actually gets stronger the angrier he gets so he would beat him if the fight went on long enough

but Stan Lee disagrees

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Looks great. This could be the best year yet for Marvel movies with GotG, Spiderman and this. Hopefully they deliver, all 3 look great from what I've seen so far.

I also loved the graphics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Asgardians of the Galaxy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

In terms of who would come out on top, Thor probably has the slight edge in the comics, and Hulk has had the slight edge in other media (as they tend to meet in Hulks own tv shows etc). Thor was made to be Marvel's answer to Superman and stronger than Hulk, but that idea was quickly dropped due to Thor's lack in popularity. People will debate all day who would win and there is no answer, Marvel will generally always stalemate them. The point is, Thor is way underpowered in the MCU and should be on parity with Hulk (it's not a question of who would win, just a matter of some instances of Thor being brought up to his rightful level. You could also argue Hulk is under powered to a lesser degree, no incarnation of Iron-man, Hulkbuster outfight or not, ko's Hulk or even Thor for that matter). I reckon the colosseum fight is Marvels attempt to rectify the issue, to show Thor matching/besting Hulk with no Mjolnir.

And what ever happened to Odin? A long time since Thor 2, and no mention of what Loki did to him in the MCU since

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

And what ever happened to Odin? A long time since Thor 2, and no mention of what Loki did to him in the MCU since

Wasn't there a mention in the after credits scene in Doctor Strange? Thor wanted permission to bring Loki to earth, pretty sure it was to look for their father. I was under the impression that it was a lead in to the new Thor movie, but perhaps it's to lead into Doctor Strange 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Looks like great fun. Im sold and delighted that it is possibky a GOTG kind of movie I can bring my kids to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Slydice wrote: »
    Really good trailer! How can the film live up to this!

I'm a bit slow and only saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago. Have to say it's one of the best I've seen in a long time and I'm really excited about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm a bit slow and only saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago. Have to say it's one of the best I've seen in a long time and I'm really excited about this one.

Just re-watched it.

Yep, still great! :)

What I love is that it feels like Taika Waititi's fingerprints are all over this. It seems fitting, because I feel like the last time this was achieved in a Marvel movie was with the first cinematic outing for Thor by Kenneth Branagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Love that poster! :o

This still looks like it'll be excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

So I guess this means we're not getting Planet Hulk then ?

Advertisement