Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero TV Actor!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Stephen Amell advances to round 2, though Bruce Lee had a good showing. This next tie will be the final tie I'll post this evening. I hope to continue this same time tomorrow evening. We finish the night with an intriguing clash which is a Power Ranger vs Power Ranger battle...

David Yost (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

Yost2_640x345_acf_cropped-1.jpg

VS

Thuy Trang (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

gallery-1454681909-thuy-trang-yellow-ranger-trini-kwan.jpg

It's David Yost, who played Billy, the Blue Power Ranger, taking on Thuy Trang, who played Trini, the Yellow Power Ranger.

I guess this comes down to which of these Power Rangers do you prefer. Well folks, cast your votes now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Gonna go for Thuy Trang on this one. I always thought Yost was the weakest actor of the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This is a tough tie, performances aside all I'm thinking is do I choose the guy who was bullied on-set and felt he was eventually pushed out because of his sexuality or do I choose the girl who died in a car crash a few years after she finished on the show...

Ultimately just going on who I personally liked more as an actor I'm voting for David Yost, but RIP Thuy Trang. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Thuy Trang

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

This is a tough tie, performances aside all I'm thinking is do I choose the guy who was bullied on-set and felt he was eventually pushed out because of his sexuality or do I choose the girl who died in a car crash a few years after she finished on the show...

Ultimately just going on who I personally liked more as an actor I'm voting for David Yost, but RIP Thuy Trang. :(

:eek: I didn't know any of that regarding the power rangers, awful stuff.

only thing I remember is fancying the pink one so I won't bother voting here

• Advertisement

TheKells wrote: »
    :eek: I didn't know any of that regarding the power rangers, awful stuff.

only thing I remember is fancying the pink one so I won't bother voting here

The stuff about David Yost only came out in an interview there a few years ago, but apparently some of the production crew on Power Rangers were pretty horrendous towards him and consistently using homophobic slurs, and saying that he couldn't be a superhero because of his homosexuality... It must've been pretty bad because after he left the show he spent years trying to "cure his homosexuality" through conversion therapy and eventually had a breakdown, ending up doing a stint in a mental institution before finally being able to accept himself. I was only reading about it there again the other day because I saw an interview with some of the new Power Rangers for the movie and they were talking about how the Power Rangers is so open and accepting of everyone because the new cast are all from different ethnic backgrounds and there's "always been good diversity in the cast" and I just thought these new lads clearly don't know the whole story...

Anyway, gone slightly off topic, but there's your not-so-fun fact of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Trang

Thuy Trang wins the battle of the Power Rangers to advance to Round 2. Our next tie...

Ming-Na Wen (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

1431640288jpg-6da42d_765w.jpg

VS

Tara Strong (Ben 10)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX6ZKTiiwTiUEUx8XOjtFIAv4ZjGNrdANO0nb_kHmg0-RXVa5T

It's Ming-Na Wen, who stars as Agent May in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., versus Tara Strong, voice actor behind Ben Tennyson, star of the animated series Ben 10.

Who deserves to reach the next stage? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

No contest, it's gotta be Ming-Na Wen, she's an absolute legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ming-Na Wen

• Advertisement

Here comes the cavalry Ming-Na Wen

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ming Na Wen

Ming-Na Wen picks up a strong win to reach Round 2. Our next tie...

Ciara Renée (Legends of Tomorrow)

hawkgirl-joins-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-s1e6.jpg

VS

Cam Clarke (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

leonardo-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1987-35.7.jpg

It's Ciara Renée, who stars as Hawkgirl in Legends of Tomorrow, versus Cam Clarke, the voice of Leonardo in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Which performance do you prefer? Vote now.

Ciara Renée was not good and one of the weak links (Falk Hentschel being the other) in Legends of Tomorrow, but Cam Clarke was amazing as Leonardo so he gets me vote (and also it gives me more hope Rob Paulsen may appear in this tournament).

G'wan Cam Clarke

Cam Clarke

Ciara Renée was not good and one of the weak links (Falk Hentschel being the other) in Legends of Tomorrow, but Cam Clarke was amazing as Leonardo so he gets me vote (and also it gives me more hope Rob Paulsen may appear in this tournament).

G'wan Cam Clarke

The only thing I disagree with in this post is the implication that there were only two weak links in LoT. :pac:

Cam Clarke!

To make it emphatic Cam Clarke

Cam Clarke with a resounding win to move forward. Our next tie...

Walter Emanuel Jones (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

gallery-1454681103-walter-emanuel-jones-black-ranger-zack-taylor.jpg

VS

Masi Oka (Heroes)

heroes-20070105040249933.jpg

It's Walter Emanuel Jones, who starred as Zack Taylor, the Black Power Ranger on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, versus Masi Oka, who played Hiro Nakamura in Heroes.

Which performance do you like better? Vote now.

I gotta go with Masi Oka, I only watched the first two seasons, but I really enjoyed Hiro's enthusiasm and he brought the fun side to Heroes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Masi Oka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The black Ranger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Masi Oka

Masi Oka takes the win and enters the second round. On to our next tie...

Lee Majors (The Six Million Dollar Man)

best-sci-fi-tv-ever-20110127104552065.jpg

VS

Katie Cassidy (Arrow)

BlackCanaryTHUMB-1415837726915_320w.jpg

It's Lee Majors, star of The Six Million Dollar Man, taking on Katie Cassidy, who plays Laurel Lance on Arrow.

Which performance do you rate higher? Vote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Katie Cassidy

I never watched 6MDM but I'm gonna vote for Majors because I think Katie Cassidy is worse than awful.

Lee Majors.

I'm gonna give it to Katie Cassidy (although I never think she was used properly in Arrow until Season 4)...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Lee Majors

Lee Majors shades what I believe was the closest tie thus far in this game and moves on. Our next tie...

Joseph Gilgun (Preacher)

preacherfirstlook014jpg-0d869b_765w.jpg

VS

Adrian Pasdar (Heroes)

heroes-20070511033646552.jpg

It's Joseph Gilgun, who stars as the vampire Cassidy in Preacher, taking on Adrian Pasdar, who starred as the high-flier Nathan Petrelli in Heroes.

Which performance do you like best? Vote now.

• Advertisement

The Englishman playing the Irish vampire wins for me Joseph Gilgun

Advertisement