Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero TV Actor!

Options
  • 23-07-2016 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭

200px-Family_watching_television_1958.jpg

Overcast skies...rain looming...ah fret not because it's time to launch the best superhero TV actor thread!

If you're new to these, the idea is simple and based on games seen on the pro wrestling board and elsewhere. I have compiled a list of 64 TV superhero actors and we will whittle the number down to 32, then 16, and so on until we get our two finalists.

Most recently we completed the best film actor thread which saw Ryan Reynolds triumph over Kevin Conroy in the final. (Conroy returns for this game so it will be interesting to see if he can get to the final again).

This time we turn our attention towards the smaller screen. For decades, superhero actors from George Reeves to today's Grant Gustin have delighted families worldwide with their adventures, but which one stands above them all? Our superhero forum shall attempt to find the answer.

The familiar refrain: if I wind up overlooking anyone I do apologize. I have tried to ensure I include the most prominent names.

To start off, the first TV actor to get to 3 votes qualifies for the next round and the loser gets eliminated. Please try to give a reason why you are voting the way you are.

Let's begin shall we...

Dominic Cooper (Preacher)

neon_0001_large.jpg

VS

Caity Lotz (Legends of Tomorrow)

lgn01caityb2491rjpg-0d6e91_765w.jpg

It's Dominic Cooper, who stars as Jesse Custer in Preacher, taking on Caity Lotz, who stars as White Canary in Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow.

Which actor's performance do you prefer? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Taking into account she does most of her own stunts, I'd have to go with Caity Lotz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Cathy Lotz.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Caity Lotz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Cooper has settled nicely into Preacher but haven't seen enough to give him the nod over Lotz, who did pretty well in LOT. Her, Purcell and Miller were the highlights of that first season.

So Lotz for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Caity Lotz takes the win and becomes the first to qualify for Round 2. Next up we've a tough-to-call tie featuring two modern performers...

Chloe Bennet (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

quake-1280-1443099436312_large.jpg

VS

Ben McKenzie (Gotham)

gordon1280-1444689020619_large.jpg

It's Chloe Bennet who has played Skye/Daisy Johnson on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., taking on Ben McKenzie, who has played James Gordon on Gotham.

Which performance do you prefer? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Skye, Daisy, Chloe Bennet for the Pink dress alone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chloe Bennet

Chloe Bennet. Easy choice.

Chloe Bennet dominates the tie to advance. We have an interesting match-up next...

David Coburn (Captain Planet and the Planeteers)

captainplanetlistjpg-c7446b.jpg

VS

Burt Ward (Batman)

burtwardjpga1ab36f0-e1341543760953.jpg

It's James Coburn, who as the voice of Captain Planet told us to look after the environment, versus Burt Ward, who played the plucky young Robin on the 60s TV series Batman.

Which performance was better? Vote now.

Burt Ward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Burt Ward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Burnt Ward was comedic gold.

The words "With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!" are so ingrained in my brain that I hear David Coburn's voice in my head on a surprisingly regular basis, but with that said and even though it was a close choice, after some deliberation I have to give my vote to the Boy Wonder, Burt Ward...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Burt Ward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

burt ward

Burt Ward gets a strong endorsement and reaches the second stage. Next we've a contrast of styles...

Patrick Warburton (The Tick)

BxxF0e0CUAExVwx.jpg

VS

Tom Welling (Smallville)

smallville-the-complete-tenth-season-20111202012538213-000.jpg

It's Patrick Warburton, star of the short-lived cult favourite, The Tick, taking on Tom Welling, star of the show about the young Clark Kent, Smallville.

Patrick Warburton!

Patrick Warburton.

Patrick Warburton

Tom Welling

• Advertisement

Patrick Warburton picks up the win and reaches round two. Next up we have two voice actors colliding...

John Erwin (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)

he-man-the-masters-of-the-universe-season-one-volume-one-20051019030645923-000.jpg

VS

Robert Hays (Iron Man)

iron-man-the-complete-1994-animated-television-series-20100507014359214.jpg

It's John Erwin who voiced He-Man and his roar, 'I have the power', versus Robert Hays, who voiced Tony Stark's alter ego on the 1990s animated series, Iron Man.

John Erwin

John Erwin

John Erwin

John Erwin gets the win and moves on to Round 2.

Interesting fact I found out - Robert Hays, voice of Iron Man in the animated series, played Ted Striker in Airplane! I never knew that and I love that movie. Anyway, next tie...

Bruce Lee (The Green Hornet)

hqdefault.jpg

VS

Stephen Amell (Arrow)

20823568_arrow-oliverqueen_270h.jpg

It's the martial arts legend, Bruce Lee, who played Kato in The Green Hornet, versus Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen's alter ego in Arrow.

Stephen Amell, how can you not love that guy?

Stephen Amell even though he can't act for sh1t he is an all round good guy.

Bruce Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Stephen Amell

• Advertisement

bruce lee

Advertisement