Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bans on handclapping and hugs

Options
13»

Comments

It's funny the words you use "uncontrolled and exaggerated sensitivity" lol it is a request by one school after a teacher said it caused distress and the Students Union making a request to not clap and giving a number of reasons. You describe that as uncontrolled you should pick up BoJo's thesaurus.
    It is the sensitivity that is unrestrained, not the spread of jazz hands, or feminist jazz hands.

I don't know why, but every time you try to challenge something I write, I seem to have to reply clarifying the same plain english which I assume was perfectly clear to everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

It is the sensitivity that is unrestrained, not the spread of jazz hands, or feminist jazz hands.

I don't know why, but every time you try to challenge something I write, I seem to have to reply clarifying the same plain english which I assume was perfectly clear to everyone else.

You used the words not my fault you have to explain them. A person is either sensitive to things or not, can you give evidence that such sensitivity is unrestrained. BTW feminist jazz hands is actually the sign language for clapping.

A you are bit sensitive this morning is that unrestrained.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

spurious wrote: »
    Perhaps they have an autism unit in the school. Some kids with autism are very sensitive to noise.

No apparently it was because one of the teachers is noise sensitive. They had a parent from the school on the radio the other morning.

A person is either sensitive to things or not, can you give evidence that such sensitivity is unrestrained. .
    Lol? This is such a ridiculous request.

Can you narrow-down what it is you're looking for proof of? Proof of my opinion that too many young people are uninhibited in their excessive sensitivity? That's not going to happen. It's like asking me to prove my opinion that some people are imbeciles.
    A you are bit sensitive this morning is that unrestrained.
    It's after three in the afternoon, snowflake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Some people need to adapt to what is a fairly normal thing to do.

Someone needs to overule this schools decision and tell them cop on.

• Advertisement

Lol? This is such a ridiculous request.

Can you narrow-down what it is you're looking for proof of? Proof of my opinion that too many young people are uninhibited in their excessive sensitivity? That's not going to happen. It's like asking me to prove my opinion that some people are imbeciles.

It's after three in the afternoon, snowflake.

You made the claim I just asked you to back it up. Would be very difficult for me to be part of snowflake generation. You are the one who seems to be upset when questioned about your opinion I think that is the definition of snowflake. All I'm doing is debating, you of course if you don't want to can just ignore me.

IvySlayer wrote: »

Write to the Minister for Education in Australia http://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian?MPID=H6X

He may be interested in your view.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

IvySlayer wrote: »

Hey kids. A member of staff has a sensitivity to clapping it causes him severe migraines. We could just abstain from doing it at assembly when he is there or say tough luck. They chose to accommodate the teacher. Good lesson for the kids.

Advertisement