Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Weddings :(

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm a psychiatrist and I'm really enjoying this!
    A lot of them here apparently!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

GingerLily wrote: »

Patients can rub off on us....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Sligo you're a victim of bad timing. I'm sure if the other weddings weren't happening you wouldn't be posting but you're right that your boss might think you're taking the mick by asking for another Friday off and having to ask family to mind kids again is problematic. And my annual leave is precious to me, I hate taking lone days off here and there.

If be inclined to stay home and have a nice evening to myself while he goes off. With that many weddings in one month you could probably do with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

GingerLily wrote: »

I work in therapy too, therapists are complete headcases :DD

eviltwin wrote: »
    Sligo you're a victim of bad timing. I'm sure if the other weddings weren't happening you wouldn't be posting but you're right that your boss might think you're taking the mick by asking for another Friday off and having to ask family to mind kids again is problematic. And my annual leave is precious to me, I hate taking lone days off here and there.

If be inclined to stay home and have a nice evening to myself while he goes off. With that many weddings in one month you could probably do with the rest.

Yep this is the crux of it unfortunately. It's just bad timing. The peace might be nice aswell. But if some lovely uncle or auntie offers to sit for us I might even make it to the afters :).

I actually love weddings. Is the only time me and OH get to go away together. Haven't been away by ourselves in 3 years unless it's to a wedding as it gives us the perfect excuse to rely on nana (But that's one for the parenting forum....).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I love the weddings forum. I needed a distraction from reading about how evil some people can be and this was just the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Ahhhhhhh first world problems! How lucky we all are.

lazygal wrote: »
    I love the weddings forum. I needed a distraction from reading about how evil some people can be and this was just the job.

O stop! I usually try not to get involved with threads like this. But it's a bit like heroin. Once you've posted once or twice its like you can't stop! And then you just get more and more embroiled....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Sligo1 wrote: »
    O stop! I usually try not to get involved with threads like this. But it's a bit like heroin. Once you've posted once or twice its like you can't stop! And then you just get more and more embroiled....
    Yes.

Yes, you do.

Why don't you just bring your children along, kids make a wedding you know.

:pac:

lazygal wrote: »
    Yes.

Yes, you do.

Why don't you just bring your children along, kids make a wedding you know.

:pac:

Lol lol.... They weren't on the invite. Another start to another beautiful thread! I prefer to leave them at home anyway. I can't get tipsy drunk in their presence....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

You've a lot of anger, as a therapist I know how important it is to release anger so I'm glad I provided you with this channel!

Chill! You've asked the Internet a question, don't take the responses so personally.

It's clear by the way you spoke to a previous poster that you only posted here to validate the choice you had already made before you even spoke to your other half about it and gauged his feelings.

There's a solution to every problem, best of luck finding your best solution here.

You could always go to this one and turn down one of the other August weddings that was one of your pals?

My wedding is on a Thursday very soon, I think you'd implode if invited to that!!! We are lucky that our kids are easy to look after, almost identical ages to yours, thankfully we've great families eager to pitch in assistance.

So so funny made my day so you did bobbysands

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: can we get back on topic, please? This thread has derailed massively. Trust me when I say that your qualifications are not important here :rolleyes:.

Faith wrote: »
    Mod note: can we get back on topic, please? This thread has derailed massively. Trust me when I say that your qualifications are not important here :rolleyes:.

It's probably run its course Faith. Feel free to close if necessary. :). Before I become even more embroiled...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Something to bear in mind is that a weekday may be necessary depending on who is performing the ceremony. Civil ceremonies performed by registrars are impossible at the weekends as they are HSE employees and only work Mon-Fri (at least this was the case a couple of years ago).

4 weeks is pretty short notice though, jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Not when it's every Friday of the month :(. We wouldn't have an issue of it were every Saturday as there wouldn't be as many things to organise. Main issue really being time off work. Childcare can usually get sorted for us on a weekend.

But these are all your issues, not the couples, you were issued and invitation. It's not possible for you to accept the invitation. Is it so hard to have a bit of grace and just rsvp?

Honestly not seeing why this needs to have you worked into a rant at all. It's not like you know the couple and are going to missing going.

But these are all your issues, not the couples, you were issued and invitation. It's not possible for you to accept the invitation. Is it so hard to have a bit of grace and just rsvp?

Honestly not seeing why this needs to have you worked into a rant at all. It's not like you know the couple and are going to missing going.

I acknowledged they are my issues. I never once once said it was the couples. I'm quite entitled to have a rant tho. Even if only it's because of bad timing and numerous events that don't suit us. Of course we would love the world to revolve around us... Who wouldn't! But I also understand that doesn't happen on most circumstances.
    Apologies if I have construed myself as a graceless individual.

I know the groom well and have met him a good few times and get along great with him. I just have never met his wife to be as when they come home she goes back to her home town while he comes back to stay in ours (his home also).

I can't understand why people are assuming so much here. However, I spose it's the wedding forum... Nothing surprises me :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's probably run its course Faith. Feel free to close if necessary. :). Before I become even more embroiled...

Closed at OP's request. I hope you got an answer that helped :).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement