Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm 20 and bought an ae86, what's the best way to insure it?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Easy solution to that.

"Drive carefully and don't make any claims or have any made against you. Many people have managed to do it their whole lives. "

Sure why don't we all do that. Let's not bother with insurance. We all can agree to be careful, never make any driving error and be right 100% all of the time. Great idea.....I'm driving 25 years, do in excess of 20k miles per year, never had a claim made for or against me. Still wouldn't be anything other than whiter than white when it comes to insurance. Everyone makes mistakes including those driving all their lives without an insurance claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Needles73 wrote: »
    Easy solution to that.

"Drive carefully and don't make any claims or have any made against you. Many people have managed to do it their whole lives. "

Sure why don't we all do that. Let's not bother with insurance. We all can agree to be careful, never make any driving error and be right 100% all of the time. Great idea.....I'm driving 25 years, do in excess of 20k miles per year, never had a claim made for or against me. Still wouldn't be anything other than whiter than white when it comes to insurance. Everyone makes mistakes including those driving all their lives without an insurance claim

That's why the third party extension is great. It negates your whole argument.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Clownyface

With the CRAZY prices of insurance these days I'm surprised there's still people defending them. 4k to get my partner insured on a 1.3. She's over 25 with full license. I wouldn't blame anyone for going the deception route, and that's exactly what she is going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Clownyface wrote: »
    With the CRAZY prices of insurance these days I'm surprised there's still people defending them. 4k to get my partner insured on a 1.3. She's over 25 with full license. I wouldn't blame anyone for going the deception route, and that's exactly what she is going to do.

Are people a bit mad or what? The only one she will be deceiving is herself. Good luck though hope she drives safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Easy solution to that.

It's a risk. Just as starting your car and driving it is a risk. The main thing is that he is insured enough not to be breaking the law until the potential event of a claim. Hence if he drives carefully and is extra cautious it may all work out fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Easy solution to that.

That doesn't stop someone from running into the back of you when you are stopped in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Skatedude wrote: »

That doesn't stop someone from running into the back of you when you are stopped in traffic.
    A risk we all take. Someone can crash into you any time any of us drive a car. You need to be extra careful and pray nobody crashes into you I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Clownyface wrote: »
    4k to get my partner insured on a 1.3. She's over 25 with full license.
    How many points, and what sort of car?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You can get insurance from abroad shirely ?
    European wide car insurance. UK companies do it.
    ITS EU law/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You can get insurance from abroad shirely ?
    European wide car insurance. UK companies do it.
    ITS EU law/
    Has anyone being able to do that in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

OP - have you tried to get any quotes on the ae86 in your own name?

the_syco wrote: »
    Has anyone being able to do that in Ireland?

There was a uk site I was looking at. I forget its name. But it had online forms where you put in name of country, reg of car so on . It was not all uk based at all. Its was 365 days a year European wide coverage.

''you can also insure your car in a EU country different from your country of residence. But remember to check if the insurance company offers international services.''

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roleycoley91

Man...having the same trouble, I'm 25 almost 26, full clean licence 7 years, my own policy with 3 years. Bought an ae86 8 months ago and nobody wants to insure them,
    I tried small brokers and they just say sorry we don't insure them sort of cars. And the big insurance company's won't either.
    Twud break your heart.

Advertisement