Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new built house

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Is it common for an EA to ask for proof of full purchase price funds before accepting a booking deposit?
    Thanks

Ours asked for a mortgage approval letter but not proof of the full purchase price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Is it common for an EA to ask for proof of full purchase price funds before accepting a booking deposit?
    Thanks

We were asked for it within 1/2 days of giving the booking deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I’m a bit confused.
    We decided to start house hunting so met with a few banks and all seemed fairly positive in that we would get what we needed.

Decided to go the broker route as very busy and paperwork for multiple backs was annoying but anyway he seemed positive.

In the mean time we just happened to find a house we loved (new build) agreed with Estate agent which one we wanted and told him Mortgage was still with broker. Now have an email starting X house is yours pending booking deposit which we have and can pay but no official approval in principal from a bank. EA not hassling us for booking deposit or do we go ahead and possibly have him looking for our AIP that we still don’t have as we had to wait for some documents for broker which delayed things

Do we go ahead and pay the booking deposit or hold off for another week to try and get something

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

polydactyl wrote: »
    I’m a bit confused.
    We decided to start house hunting so met with a few banks and all seemed fairly positive in that we would get what we needed.

Decided to go the broker route as very busy and paperwork for multiple backs was annoying but anyway he seemed positive.

In the mean time we just happened to find a house we loved (new build) agreed with Estate agent which one we wanted and told him Mortgage was still with broker. Now have an email starting X house is yours pending booking deposit which we have and can pay but no official approval in principal from a bank. EA not hassling us for booking deposit or do we go ahead and possibly have him looking for our AIP that we still don’t have as we had to wait for some documents for broker which delayed things

Do we go ahead and pay the booking deposit or hold off for another week to try and get something

Hi there,

you could go ahead and pay a refundable deposit, but it‘s really up to the EA/ vendor, if they‘d accept the deposit without an AIP.

Also, will the EA stop other viewings of the house as long as your AIP hasn’t been received?

It’s a bit of a gamble and could potentially be time-wasting, but you seem positive about receiving your mortgage offer soon and therefore very well ask the EA if he‘d take your deposit at this stage.

Good luck!

As EA is not pushing for it I might try and wait another week and see if you have AIP by then so. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

The deposit you're talking about is the €5k fully refundable, no commitment booking deposit right?

If so, there's no reason not to pay it. You need your full mortgage approval before signing contracts (in about 3 weeks) but AIP is irrelevant at this stage unless the estate agent is demanding it before accepting tge booking deposit. If they are, pay and say it's in the post.

Thanks, this is what husband thinks too so might just pay booking deposit tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Maisie789

Just wondering if anyone can help me. On checking brochure for house we've put deposit on it states the following for bathroom:
    "High quality tiling fitted to floors & wet areas as standard"
    Does that mean it comes tiled and we don't have to sort that ourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Maisie789 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can help me. On checking brochure for house we've put deposit on it states the following for bathroom:

Yes.

For our house - our bathrooms were fully finished (minus a shower screen for the bath), and the kitchen was fully finished including appliances (signed within 21 days of contracts, but no floors (minus tiles in Bathrooms) are included.

I think this is pretty standard these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I’m a bit confused.

applying for a mortgage takes an hour, AIP you can get in 10 minutes, i have no idea why people use brokers :confused:

Cyrus wrote: »

applying for a mortgage takes an hour, AIP you can get in 10 minutes, i have no idea why people use brokers :confused:

Some banks give AIP before actually assessing your credit quality, others will do a full credit review and then issue you AIP. Its not consistent between banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,707 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

GingerLily wrote: »
    Some banks give AIP before actually assessing your credit quality, others will do a full credit review and then issue you AIP. Its not consistent between banks.

exactly so if you need an AIP for the purposes of a deposit get one from one of the banks that will present it after the online survey.

unless you have some unusual financial circumstances all a broker does is add time and take the process out of your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Thanks, this is what husband thinks too so might just pay booking deposit tomorrow.

I did the same. I put a refundable deposit down on a house in a new build development, got a great aspect at no additional cost, meanwhile my underwritten approval was still not 100%. I had several AIP's, which I could have provided the EA had they requested it, but none of which were underwritten at that point.
    The EA never asked for proof of funding and contracts were requested to be issued to solicitor once the booking deposit was paid. I'm glad I took the risk as it turned out all houses in the phase had sold out that day and my underwritten approval came in a few days after paying the booking deposit & my HTB approval. Everything just came together last minute. The estate is completely sold out now and had I waited I would have missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Maisie789 wrote: »

Depends on whats in the contract. Brochure is not a contract.
    Bathrooms were tiled for us, utility and kitchen was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

At what stage do you have to have a solicitor ready?

Thanks.

MSVforever wrote: »

Thanks.

As soon as I paid my booking deposit, they requested my solicitor details to send the contracts out.

Thanks.

As soon as I paid my booking deposit, they requested my solicitor details to send the contracts out.

I paid my deposit before we officially had a solicitor but that was sorted within a day or two.

So you have to have one chosen before you hand over the booking deposit or would the day after suffice if it the launch is at a weekend?

Thanks.

Thanks.

I paid my deposit before we officially had a solicitor but that was sorted within a day or two.

Cool. Thanks. I have a few in mind but not 100% sure which one to choose. I guess I ll be flipping a coin....)

• Advertisement

Same. Provided the details the day following.

Cyrus wrote: »

As our finanances are complicated and we were possibly needing to apply to a few banks to see who would give us an exemption and we both work full time so gathering all the documents like salary certs 4 tines over would be painful. Broker = one of everything, a few banks checked

Advertisement