Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,704 ✭✭✭✭josip

and the lesson is... bring your own car to France 😁

Did the rental company not charge you an admin fee for ratting you out to the fuzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

What wud happen if u didn't pay?? Not that I condone breaking the law.......

They'll automatically increase (double) the fine every few months until they issue you with a court summons where it finally comes before a human (judge) who will note the foreign resident of a country with whom they don't have an agreement for pursuing traffic fines. At which point the French state sells the fine off to a debt collection agency for centimes in the franc, who will hand it over to their partner company in Ireland, a bunch of ambulance chasing solicitors based in Dublin, who will send letters threatening various legal/court proceedings. But they won't ever bring you to court here, because the law is vague and if they ever did and lost, a precedent would be set, which would ruin their scare-mongering revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

But if you managed to get pulled in the next time you are in France for car offence, they will demand both payments there and then. Wont let you leave the spot till you pay

Especially if both offences are in your own car but they also scan your license when they pull you in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

We got a Toyota Corolla for 730. Last time was under 400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Baybay

Can’t imagine that the hire company would be too impressed with future reservations?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

14 days hire from june 24th , Ford focus or similiar €470 from rodez airport. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

We're finally heading back to France for the first time in 5 years and have booked Domaine des Ormes. A major change since our last trip to France is we're driving an electric car now. We've booked the on board pod point charger on the the Irish Ferries W B Yeats and I was wondering if anyone has used it and where on the car deck it's located. Also I've emailed Eurocamp but got no response yet, does anyone know is there any electric charging points on the Des Ormes camp site.

And assistance appreciated.

Would a granny cable be an option? The car will be parked up most of the time I'd imagine and the slow charging won't be an issue.

That's our plan anyway for when we go electric camping.

Hi Josip, the granny cable is the fall back option alright but I just have concerns about the caravan supply and the use of a 2 pin adaptor etc. There are adaptor options for my granny cable I'll look at but obviously if the camp site had type 2 AC chargers available it would be preferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tmabr

Travelling in June NCT out may. No appointments til august.

do the French police check nct I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deeman83

we will be back in Les Ormes this year, for 5th time in a row. Its a fabulous camp site with a great vibe and you will love the new waterpark.

There are definitely electric car charging points, a seen a few at the Golf club. I am sure there are some in car park area near reception as well.

As for IF, I am not 100% sure but I have a feeling the charging points are on all levels now. Send them a msg on facebook and they will put your mind at ease.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,512 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Check the Nct site - I'm sure there is more than 1 location near you too - a couple of times a day, cancellations pop up all the time.

Cheer for the response Dee, funny thing is that Eurocamp have come back to me and they say that there's no chargers available on the Les Ormes site.....that the nearest is a public charger a 10 minute drive away!!!!....thanks for the info about the ferry, I'll contact them also.

I doubt very much that they do. It would be irrelevant to them. They can and do check for lights (adjusted), tyres, speeding, insurance but not tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deeman83

Email the Les Ormes Golf club, I am sure I seen electric charging points there. Just worried now in case they were chargers for the golf buggies :D.

There is a Super U in Dol de Bretagne, surely that would have an electric charging point as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

The Epilson Is being used for much if not all of September sailings. How come? Going to wait for OW to return in October for a wine trip.

Les Ormes emailed me back to say they have EV chargers on site and that when we check in they'll direct me to them. I've emailed Eurocamp back and asked that they update their information on the camp as it's a question that they're going to get asked a lot more in the future. I've joined Chargemap, a European provider that provides mappjng and a charge plan for chargers abroad so know where the chargers locally are situated but it would be handy to just park at night and top up.Thanks again Dee, roll on July.....

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭suilegorma

Hi all very excited for our trip in July. Bringing our car and doing Rosslare Bilbao. Apart from breakdown assistance and the pollution cert for France, what else do we need to consider? Petrol car. Can anyone recommend breakdown assistance that covers 4 weeks? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I did Brittany in an Ioniq EV a few years ago. Lots of public chargers scattered around in pretty much every town and village we stopped by. I used Chargemap and it worked fine.

Heading back to Domaine Des Ormes ourselves this year. I don't recall chargers there, but I wasn't looking (brought the ICE to better fill up on wine!).

Has anyone used the atmb toll tag for there holiday? Been going years and never thought of getting a tag. Is it worthwhile.. ur only charged the months u use it.

Not sure off hand which tag we have but it’s similar to what you’ve described & it makes such a difference!

I drive alone a fair bit in our Irish car as OH flies in & out a few times for work during the summer so it’s handy not to have to do the running around at the péage, especially at night.

Also at busy péages, the queues are usually shorter / move quicker through tag lanes or at least that seems to be our experience.

Can these tags be used while towing a caravan? Nothing on the site I mentioned... The other issue we have is the wife trying to reach across to pay 🤦🏼‍♂️

No clue I’m afraid about caravans & tags. In fact it’s been so long now since we’ve been over that I don’t even know if I’ve ever seen a caravan in the tag lane! I wonder if the truck tag lane is used? No doubt someone better informed on here will know!

Yes, it's great. But I think the approach speed is less than in Ireland, so you can't 'blaze' through, more a 'breeze' through. Still very satisfying though

Ya I'm sure using the truck lane is the right approach, if not I'm sure a haulier will let me know😂

Before we got the tag, when driving alone en route to collect or having dropped off said OH at the airport, I frequently found the truck lane the best to use as they were usually less busy. At worst there was no reaction when I got out of the car to run around to pay but usually there’d be a beep or a wave, a thumbs up to the reg plate & once a truck driver jumped down to tell me that his favourite route was when he got to come to Ireland. I think the truck drivers had a bit more patience with my foreign reg as they maybe knew my pain in other countries!

The atmb small print https://www.atmb.com/sites/default/files/aapc/contrat_d_abonnement_liber_t_evasion_atmb.pdf

TLDR - If you're less than 2m high and 3.5t then you're ok in any lane

If you're 2-3m high you've got to go to the specific (trucker) lane, which you'll probably be in anywhere since you've got your mobile road block behind 😀

If they try to tell you differently in July, show them this post :)

En particularment...

VI.2 Conditions applicables à l’utilisation des télébadges

pour les autoroutes et les ouvrages à péage

A. Définition des classes autorisées

Sur le réseau des exploitants d’autoroutes et d’ouvrages à péage le

télébadge permet au titulaire d’acquitter les péages pour les véhicules

de classe de péage 1*, 2**, 5*** et ceux déclassables en classe de

péage 1****.

* classe 1 : véhicules ou ensembles roulants de hauteur totale

inférieure ou égale à 2 mètres et de poids total autorisé en charge

(PTAC) inférieur ou égal à 3,5 tonnes.

** classe 2 : véhicules ou ensembles roulants de hauteur totale

supérieure à 2 mètres et inférieure à 3 mètres et de poids total

autorisé en charge (PTAC) inférieur ou égal à 3,5 tonnes.

*** classe 5 : motos, side-cars et trikes.

**** véhicules déclassables en classe 1 : véhicules de classe

2 aménagés pour le transport de personnes handicapées (sur

présentation, lors du passage en voie de péage, de la carte grise

comportant la mention “handicap”).

B. Comportement à adopter par le titulaire en gare de péage.

Pour bénéficier pleinement du service télépéage, le titulaire devra

emprunter les voies signalées par le pictogramme « t », en entrée et

en voie de paiement.

Les véhicules de classe 1 doivent utiliser en priorité les voies de

télépéage réservées à cette classe (équipées d’un gabarit de limitation

de hauteur à 2 mètres).

Les véhicules de classes 2 et 5 équipés d’un télébadge Liber-t doivent

emprunter les voies équipées d’un pictogramme « t » en entrée, et

une voie équipée d’un pictogramme « t » d’une flèche verte sans

gabarit de hauteur en voie de paiement.

Le titulaire s’engage à respecter :

- les indications signalétiques relatives aux véhicules acceptés dans

les voies (classe, gabarit de limitation de hauteur, réservé VL classe 1,

réservée moto classe 5),

- les feux de signalisation,

- les feux et barrière de passage,

- une distance minimale de 4 mètres entre les véhicules lors du

passage en voie de péage d’entrée ou de paiement,

- les préconisations et les réglementations contribuant à la sécurité

des personnes.

En l’absence d’informations d’entrée valides, la société d’autoroutes

se réserve le droit d’appliquer en sortie, le tarif du trajet le plus cher

pour la gare de sortie considérée (TLPC).

C. Comportement du titulaire placé en situation particulière

Dans les situations particulières visées ci-après, le titulaire passant

dans une voie de paiement réservée au télépéage (ne comportant

que le pictogramme « t ») est susceptible de se voir appliquer un tarif

majoré (tarif du trajet le plus cher, sur-classement).

Situations particulières :

• Données d’entrée invalides (trajet incompatible, durée de validité

dépassée).

• Véhicules de classe 5 passant dans les voies réservées avec gabarit

de hauteur limitée à 2 mètres : par défaut les véhicules de classe 5

empruntant ce couloir seront tarifés en classe 1.

Autres situations :

• En cas de dysfonctionnement du télébadge ou du matériel de

télépéage en entrée, le titulaire devra prendre un titre de transit à la

borne de distribution pour le remettre en sortie (au péager ou pour

une voie automatique dans le lecteur de la borne de paiement prévu

à cet effet).

• Lors du passage en voie automatique, le titulaire utilisant un

véhicule de classe 1 avec des charges sur le toit (hauteur totale

supérieure à 2 mètres) devra s’arrêter devant la borne de paiement

et utiliser le dispositif d’assistance mis à sa disposition pour permettre

à l’opérateur de contrôler l’adéquation entre la catégorie effective du

véhicule et la catégorie détectée par l’automate.

• Le titulaire utilisant un véhicule de classe 2 adapté au transport

de personnes handicapées pourra bénéficier d’un déclassement en

empruntant une voie avec péager et en présentant son télébadge et

sa carte grise au péager. En l’absence de voie avec péager, il fait appel

à un opérateur à l’aide de l’interphone présent en voie automatique

(t+fléche verte) et présente pour contrôle sa carte grise sur l’écran

vidéo prévu à cet effet.

En voie automatique, face à tute situation particulière, le titulaire

peut recourir au dispositif d’assistance mis à sa disposition lui

permettant d’entrer en relation avec un opérateur par interphone.

L’usage d’un télébadge Liber-t par un véhicule de classe 2 dans une

voie réservée à la classe 1 (équipée d’un gabarit de hauteur) ou

par un véhicule de classe 3 ou 4 n’est pas autorisé et est considéré

comme une fraude.

Ou en Anglais (le spit)

VI.2 Conditions applicable to the use of electronic badges for highways and toll structures A. Definition of authorized classes On the network of motorway operators and toll structures, the telebadge allows the holder to pay tolls for vehicles of toll class 1*, 2**, 5*** and those downgradable to toll class toll 1****. * class 1: vehicles or rolling sets of total height less than or equal to 2 meters and total authorized weight (PTAC) less than or equal to 3.5 tons. ** class 2: vehicles or rolling sets of total height greater than 2 meters and less than 3 meters and of total weight authorized load (PTAC) less than or equal to 3.5 tons. *** class 5: motorcycles, sidecars and trikes. **** vehicles that can be declassified in class 1: class vehicles 2 equipped for the transport of disabled people (on presentation, when going through the toll lane, of the gray card marked “handicap”). B. Behavior to be adopted by the holder at the toll station. To take full advantage of the electronic toll service, the holder must take the lanes indicated by the “t” pictogram, at the entrance and in process of payment. Class 1 vehicles must use the traffic lanes as a priority. toll collection reserved for this class (equipped with a limitation gauge 2 meters high). Class 2 and 5 vehicles equipped with a Liber-t electronic badge must use the lanes equipped with a “t” pictogram at the entrance, and a lane equipped with a “t” pictogram of a green arrow without height gauge being paid. The holder agrees to respect: - the descriptive indications relating to the vehicles accepted in the tracks (class, height limitation gauge, class 1 passenger car reserved, reserved class 5 motorcycle), - signal fires, - traffic lights and barrier, - a minimum distance of 4 meters between vehicles when driving passing through the entrance or payment toll lane, - recommendations and regulations contributing to safety people. In the absence of valid entry information, the highway company reserves the right to apply the fare of the most expensive trip when leaving for the considered exit station (TLPC). C. Behavior of the holder placed in a special situation In the specific situations referred to below, the holder passing in a payment lane reserved for electronic toll collection (not including that the "t" pictogram) is likely to be subject to a tariff increased (price of the most expensive journey, upgrade). Special situations: • Invalid input data (incompatible route, period of validity exceeded). • Class 5 vehicles passing in the reserved lanes with clearance height limited to 2 meters: by default class 5 vehicles using this corridor will be charged in class 1. Other situations: • In the event of a malfunction of the electronic badge or of the entry electronic toll, the holder must take a transit pass at the distribution terminal to put it back on exit (at the toll booth or for an automatic lane in the reader of the payment terminal provided for this purpose). • When switching to the automatic route, the cardholder using a class 1 vehicle with loads on the roof (total height greater than 2 meters) must stop in front of the payment terminal and use the assistance device made available to him to allow the operator to check the adequacy between the effective category of the vehicle and the category detected by the automaton. • The holder using a class 2 vehicle suitable for transport persons with disabilities will be able to benefit from a downgrading taking a lane with a toll booth and presenting their electronic badge and his gray card at the toll booth. In the absence of a toll lane, he calls to an operator using the intercom present in the automatic lane (t+green arrow) and present to check his gray card on the screen video provided for this purpose. Automatically, faced with your particular situation, the holder can use the assistance device made available to them allowing you to get in touch with an operator by intercom. The use of a Liber-t electronic badge by a class 2 vehicle in a lane reserved for class 1 (equipped with a height gauge) or by a Class 3 or 4 vehicle is not permitted and is considered like a fraud.

The tags will work in every lane. The leftmost lane will be tags only, but similar to the Eastlink, if you're in another lane with a tag, the barrier will up and you're through.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.5611968,3.8301977,3a,75y,42.83h,95.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1stefefFAzmzAGiG-NkWP4cA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Post edited by josip on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

travel for your nct appointment

some centres in midlands will always have last minute slots at odd times

Advertisement