Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Great British Bake Off 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

That little song at the start perfectly shows how irreplaceable Mel and Sue are :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

InTheTrees wrote: »
    We never filled our yorkshire puddings, just had them plain on the side with the beef.

Are they usually filled?
    Nope
    We (my lil sister and I) fill them with with mash,stuffing, corn and turkey and gravy at Christmas though... Yummmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Elliott S

he actually trained as a pastry chef, so would technically have more experience than Mary or Paul. Antonio Carluccios was where he worked as a pastry chef as well before starting with the naked chef stuff.

Maybe Mary but not Paul. Paul is a master baker so that would cover pastry AND the rest.

I think judging them in isolation on the week in question doesn't make sense. If someone has been circling the drain all along and then all of a sudden has an ok week, they're safe. If someone has had nothing but good weeks and then has one shocking week, they're gone. Kate was one of the better bakers and shouldn't have gone IMO.

Agreed. Val has been towards the bottom every week but never quite the worst so has managed to stay. Hardly seems fair. She seems very out of her depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Eurgghh. Batter week. This is coming from an English girl, but Yorkshire puddings, how boring.
    Pastry next week, that might make me feel more hungry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

Elliott S wrote: »
    Agreed. Val has been towards the bottom every week but never quite the worst so has managed to stay. Hardly seems fair. She seems very out of her depth.

I feel the same about Val. Also, Rav too how has he managed to stay in the competition so long. From what i remember he seems to be constantly floating between alright and the very bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Oh dear lord gets worse and worse!!!

• There is no tent big enough to contain one of those egos, let alone two!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,486 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oooh, I like the suggestion of Jennifer Saunders and Ade Edmonson!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭SteM

People are just looking at which women C4 have under contract and picking 2. Would take this rumour with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jennifer Saunders always appears disinterested whenever she's on TV and not in character. Joanna Lumley would be excellent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

There is no tent big enough to contain one of those egos, let alone two!

Davina McCall would make the GBBO about Davina McCall. Too big of an ego for this.

Claire Balding is one of the best presenters going, but not necessarily the best at something like this.

I'd suggest Dawn French and Tim from Corrie.

Or just French & Saunders.

Oh I say, Monica Galetti is gone blonde!!!

Swit-swooo!

(is there a separate thread for GBBO-AES???)

That fish'n'chips supper cake was AMAZING!!!

Slightly headwrecking, but very, very clever!!

Ok.... Kate is officially barking :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Monica Galetti,yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Love Monica Galletti. She has the most perfect teeth :D
    Kate is way better fun than she came across as on the main show, kind of pleasantly mental!

Another Monica fan here. She looked gorgeous on Extra Slice. Kate scrubbed up well too, looked less beige than on the show. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Pastry week!! :)

My predictions are Val to leave and Andrew to win star baker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Candice is trying way too hard.
    It's just not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭pajor

Addle wrote: »
    Candice is trying way too hard.
    It's just not funny.

"Sometimes you just got to get your hands in the sausages." Now that's funny. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

pajor wrote: »
    "Sometimes you just got to get your hands in the sausages." Now that's funny. :pac:

I agree with the other poster- trying too hard!
    Aw sad with who is leaving this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually quite like Candice. And her innuendos. :D

• ShazGV wrote: »
    I know I'm in the minority, but I actually quite like Candice. And her innuendos. :D

So do I. She grew on me. I thought her amuse bouche looked delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,827 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cant get into this season at all, its boring. Showstoppers are completely lame aswell.

Never seen such a close two horse race for Star Baker!

Finally Val is gone. I don't think Rav takes it seriously enough in general. Tom makes a lot of blunders.

Jane is seriously good, seriously good. And Candice is impressing too. Andrew is dropping back a bit. Definitely this year's Tamal. Always pretty good, never the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I don't mind Candice either. She's not the worst. No surprise with who left tonight. Everything was raw! Agree that star baker was VERY hard to call between Candice and Jane. I think either Tom or Rav will go next week. Rav's been hanging on by a thread for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,170 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm waiting for Tom to come into his own but it seems increasingly unlikely.
    Happy with who went tonight, I felt it was a case of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks - fair play though, seemed like good craic and a great sport.
    Some very interesting flavour combinations tonight.
    The bakewell tart Mary made looked incredible - I make a lovely mincemeat bakewell at Christmas and mini ones instead of mince pies if I have a lot of time on my hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Poor oul Val, she was lovely :o I laughed when Andrew said she was trying to get people to guess the prices from a shopping receipt from the 70s :D But it was definitely her time to go.

I'm still miffed that Kate went last week as there are FAR worse bakers left in the contest than her. The standard is way down this year, everyone is so inconsistent.

Advertisement