Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Probably a bit late to get my spot from last year, was in Division 6 (I think) Midnight Ramblers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes it is but I can add you to division 8 if you like?

For reference, these are the players for division 8:

Ravage1616
    billr67
    Ju_Ju
    Diarmuid1995
    The_Dazzler
    Chonaic17
    dropping_bombs
    randomCluster
    bobo the clown
    spiritcrusher

That's 10 teams so far. I think randomcluster is going to be GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yes it is but I can add you to division 8 if you like?

For reference, these are the players for division 8:

Ravage1616
    billr67
    Ju_Ju
    Diarmuid1995
    The_Dazzler
    Chonaic17
    dropping_bombs
    randomCluster
    bobo the clown
    spiritcrusher

That's 10 teams so far. I think randomcluster is going to be GM.

Forgetting me! I think you were to add me too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Forgetting me! I think you were to add me too!

Sorry, The full list is as follows:

Ravage1616
    billr67
    Ju_Ju
    Diarmuid1995
    The_Dazzler
    astonvanilla
    Chonaic17
    dropping_bombs
    randomCluster
    bobo the clown

Also registered interest is spiritcrusher, but we will need one more to keep the teams even.

Randomcluster, can you get started with getting the league up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Ravage1616
    billr67
    Ju_Ju
    Diarmuid1995
    The_Dazzler
    astonvanilla
    Chonaic17
    dropping_bombs
    randomCluster
    bobo the clown
    spiritcrusher (currently we need another person to even out the leagues)

Anyone wishing to take part in Division 8 the poll for the draft date is now in the Division 8 thread.

Droppingbombs post at 12.03 contains a link to the doodle poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I'd be interested in signing up for this if I'm not too late?

Paladonia wrote: »
    I'd be interested in signing up for this if I'm not too late?

Not too late at all. You will go into division 8. Could you post in the division 8 thread? They running a poll to decide on a draft date so you should vote on that also.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057264590

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Reminder of League settings:

azas6u.jpg

2v96xz4.jpg
    My trade deadline is 2 days earlier on the 25th?

Options are limited to 11th, 18th and 25th for me. Is that ok?

That's a bit weird but I guess it makes no difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Newbi who would love to join any spaces left in div 8?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Hi,

we will need at least one more person to add as we can't have an odd number of teams. I've put you on the list anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Reminder that the deadline for voting in the division 8 doodle poll is midnight tonight. So far we have 8 voters, and are missing randomCluster and The_Dazzler.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

What happens for those unavailable for the draft?

Are their picks automated?

Yeah, the picks are made for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Paladonia wrote: »
    What happens for those unavailable for the draft?

Are their picks automated?

You can also set a list of your preferred players and the computer will draft the highest available from that list onto your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Draft poll closes tonight guys, I've sent out requests for email addresses to everyone who expressed and interest in division 8 and everyone responded except randomcluster. If I don't get any response from them then I will offer a place to mbradso2003 who has already sent me their email address. That will give us 12 members pretty good, and shouldn't dilute the draft too much.

I'll send out the league invites tomorrow and the draft day will be set, if anyone has discovered they'll be free at another time then you can still update your chosen option on the poll, but if I end up with no clear option then I'll have to make a choice from the 3 or 4 options that are remaining. Hopefully everyone will be able to take part in the draft but if not then autopick will fill your roster for you.

The draft process is explained on NFL . Com unfortunately I don't have enough posts to post a link but a google search will help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Hey any spots left in any drafts?

I don't think so, I think most leagues have drafted at this stage, but if anyone drops out I'd let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Hi guys,

wasn't sure this was the right place to post this, but anyhow.

Not sure how many of you, as myself, have subscribe this year again to GamePass, but I've been told, and checked, that the new channel "Sky Sports Mix" (channel 105 on Virgin, 407 on Sky) is showing the NFL RedZone on Sundays...
    Hope this make some of you happy...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It is only currently scheduled on Mix for the first four weeks of the season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Going back and forth in my head all week about whether to start Eddie Lacy @ Minnesota or Ameer Abdullah against Tennessee.

The conservative sensible pick would be Lacy but being against that defence coupled with the fact I'm not as high on him bouncing back this year as most I can't help but be tempted to gamble on Abdullah and hope he has another big fantasy week.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Going back and forth in my head all week about whether to start Eddie Lacy @ Minnesota or Ameer Abdullah against Tennessee.

The conservative sensible pick would be Lacy but being against that defence coupled with the fact I'm not as high on him bouncing back this year as most I can't help but be tempted to gamble on Abdullah and hope he has another big fantasy week.

Lacy always seems to have good games against the Vikes. Don't think I could bench him!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

gerryfed wrote: »
    Lacy always seems to have good games against the Vikes. Don't think I could bench him!

I agree with you, very hard to bench Lacy! The day you bench him he'll have a stand out game. It's always the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Bench Lacy, I had him last year, broke my heart!

https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/776481759584223232?s=08

• Registered Users Posts: 10,851 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Rest assured that whichever one you pick will end up being the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hey fellas, fist time poster here and not in a boards league.
    First year player with some decisions to make,

Help me pick 2 RBs from Foster, Matthews and Yeldon

1 WR from Cobb (GB) Wheaton (Steelers), Royal (Bears) and Crowder (Redskins)

There might be obvious selections there but I don't see them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Hey fellas, fist time poster here and not in a boards league.
    First year player with some decisions to make,

Help me pick 2 RBs from Foster, Matthews and Yeldon

1 WR from Cobb (GB) Wheaton (Steelers), Royal (Bears) and Crowder (Redskins)

There might be obvious selections there but I don't see them yet.

You could probably go for any of those RBs... but i'd go Foster and Mathews personally.

Then definitely Cobb at WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

gerryfed wrote: »
    You could probably go for any of those RBs... but i'd go Foster and Mathews personally.

Then definitely Cobb at WR.

Thank you kindly, Ivory is still out for Jax so I expect Yeldon to see a lot of the ball,
    I could play all three RBs if they were better options than Cobb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AdamConnor7

Brock Osweiler at NE or Tyrod vs the Cardinals? Don't think either guy will do great but struggling on who to start. Anybody want to offer some advice?

Advertisement