Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No signal to monitor after new GPU

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

Okay quick skim didn't help - try just having the keyboard connected to the red USB 2.0 ports at the top next to the PS2 port (the round port).

Is the wirless card connected to a USB header on the motherboard?

I tried those slots but no luck, I had a wireless card in there since a built the pc, but hadn't used wireless in 2 years or so, so I actually just removed that card yesterday when I was trying to sort out my GPU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Do you have an old keyboard lying around with the circular port on it (PS2)?

xK Marcus wrote: »
    I tried those slots but no luck, I had a wireless card in there since a built the pc, but hadn't used wireless in 2 years or so, so I actually just removed that card yesterday when I was trying to sort out my GPU.

How was it connected? To a PCIe slot?

How was it connected? To a PCIe slot?

Yeah, that's how it was connected. And I don't have an old keyboard around

Okay Wireless shouldn't be an issue.

What keyboard are you using?

• Advertisement

I don't know the exact model, but it's made by Razer

I don't know the exact model, but it's made by Razer

Underneath it says Razer Deathstalker, model: RZ03-0080

Underneath it says Razer Deathstalker, model: RZ03-0080

I wondered if there was a switch to turn off any sort of mad mode the keyboard might be in - I can't see anything. I'm afraid I have to head out so hopefully someone who knows razors stuff might be able to shed some light.

Basically try and grab another keyboard if you can.

If you're in North Dublin you're more than welcome to pop the machine over to me and I can try and get her up and running for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Marcus, where are you based? Maybe someone local can pop around and help you out here.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Marcus, where are you based? Maybe someone local can pop around and help you out here.

I'm the Donnybrook area, I don't want to cause any unnecessary inconvenience to anyone though, so potentially as a last resort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Reset the CMOS again. Use the old graphics card not the new one during and after. Bios sounds like its having a issue with the new card.

Reset the CMOS again. Use the old graphics card not the new one during and after. Bios sounds like its having a issue with the new card.

At the moment I'm not using any card, using the integrated graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

You need an old style non usb keyboard /mouse. The p2p just to get it up and running.

Ok, so all I did was restart and it's working now, I have nothing up on the dr. debug thing, and it's loading windows.

So, the question, what graphics card do I try and use now?

Wells clear out those amd drivers. If not done already.

I'd try new one again.

Wells clear out those amd drivers. If not done already.

I'd try new one again.

Ok, I'll make sure I got em all

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭thegreenbean

Ok, I'll make sure I got em all

Long shot. Is your gpu power cable a Daisy chain cable? Some high end gpu's need two 8/6 pin power connectors to power on fully. I had a 660 TI once that powered on but wouldn't display because it was on half power. I hope it's not to late to try it. Good luck

No joy with new GPU, not getting any signal whether it's plugged in to the new GPU or the integrated graphics, the dr debug thing now says A2, which is a problem with IDE or SATA devices apparently, not sure what those are though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also for your PCI-e there was an issue with a few boards where you had to change the options from Gen3 back to Gen2 or even Gen1 to get the GPU to work.

Long shot. Is your gpu power cable a Daisy chain cable? Some high end gpu's need two 8/6 pin power connectors to power on fully. I had a 660 TI once that powered on but wouldn't display because it was on half power. I hope it's not to late to try it. Good luck

my GPU is connected to one 8/6 pin cable

• Advertisement

Ok well at least the integrated graphics still works with no GPU in, where should I go from here though?

This is the same issue I had before so while on the integrated graphics go into the bios and do as stated in this thread to change your PCI to Gen2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87706991

This is the same issue I had before so while on the integrated graphics go into the bios and do as stated in this thread to change your PCI to Gen2

Ok, I'll try that now, thanks

This fo sho.

Ok, I'll try that now, thanks

No problem, if your still stuck just let us know and we see what we can do to help :)

No problem, if your still stuck just let us know and we see what we can do to help :)

Do you know where abouts on the bios I change the pci-e, can't find anything with pci-e that has those kind of options.

Do you know where abouts on the bios I change the pci-e, can't find anything with pci-e that has those kind of options.

Oh, never mind, found it.

I can change PCIE2, 4 and 5 from Auto to gen1-3. Should I change all to gen 2?

Change to gen 3

Change to gen 3

I thought gen 3 was the problem?

• Advertisement

Also, should I have the driver disc in the disc drive now? should I wait, or is it even any use to install them before, using integrated graphics to see?

Advertisement