Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DB Pay Rises sought

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

LastStop wrote: »
    Fear won over anger. I spoke to very few people who SAID they would vote yes but common sense seems to have won out.

There is an old saying the quite pig eats the meal. I have seen this very often in union votes. Miltants are very vocal and a large portion of workers will not argue against them. However when it comes to the vote this silent majority is heard.

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

So does this mean it's all over. Would I be right in saying the TSSA and UNITE ballots are fairly irrelevant as they are fairly small minority and most the staff they represent are only administrative which don't involve keeping buses on the road like drivers and maintenence.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

How many strike days were there?

Can we all with leap cards now go to o connell street office to get our cash refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

mobpd wrote: »
    How many strike days were there?

Can we all with leap cards now go to o connell street office to get our cash refunds?

6 only if you have tax saver on your leap or annual etc.

It was published and has been mentioned on here quite a good few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

They're issuing refunds of 40 euro.

You can go in and collect it now from db HQ. All you need is your leap card go in and they will swipe it to make sure it has a monthly or annual and then get you to sign that you collected your refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

thomasj wrote: »

You can go in and collect it now from db HQ. All you need is your leap card go in and they will swipe it to make sure it has a monthly or annual and then get you to sign that you collected your refund.

Wow, that's pretty pathetic.

Have you been massively inconvenienced trying to get to work by multiple days of strikes? No problem, we'll give you a refund. Just take time off to come into our office during working hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

MOH wrote: »

Have you been massively inconvenienced trying to get to work by multiple days of strikes? No problem, we'll give you a refund. Just take time off to come into our office during working hours.

As an aside the office is open on Saturday and Sunday mornings as well. Not just working hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yes, so they can check your card to insure you have a claim. sounds fair enough to me.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

yes, so they can check your card to insure you have a claim. sounds fair enough to me.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

So the only record of what tickets are loaded onto what card is the card itself? There's no database holding that information which could be used to automatically apply credit to the card next time it's topped up?

I find that hard to believe. It sounds amazingly open to fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

lxflyer wrote: »
    As an aside the office is open on Saturday and Sunday mornings as well. Not just working hours.
    Customer Information and Ticket Sales Monday 08:30 to 17:30
    Customer Information and Ticket Sales Tuesday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30
    Customer Information and Ticket Sales Saturday 09:00 to 14:00
    Ticket Sales Sunday and Public Holidays 09:30 to 14:00

You can't get a refund on a Sunday as it is Ticket Sales only.

D.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

So the only record of what tickets are loaded onto what card is the card itself? There's no database holding that information which could be used to automatically apply credit to the card next time it's topped up?

I find that hard to believe. It sounds amazingly open to fraud.

i'm sure they're probably is a database and they want to check the card against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Leap is not run by db so may well fall under data protection and all that fun stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭john boye

thomasj wrote: »

Are they issuing refunds now? Website still says they won't be until the dispute is resolved

john boye wrote:
    Are they issuing refunds now? Website still says they won't be until the dispute is resolved

They are. They started a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

john boye wrote: »

I thought the dispute was resolved unions accepted a 11.5% increase or did I miss something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'd imagine a lot of people with annual passes on their card would have no need to have €40 added to their Leap balance so this gives them the option to get cash rather than having it automatically applied to card.

As for fraud I assume the card has to be present and swiped so that would rule that out

Collie D wrote:
    I'd imagine a lot of people with annual passes on their card would have no need to have €40 added to their Leap balance so this gives them the option to get cash rather than having it automatically applied to card.

Collie D wrote:
    As for fraud I assume the card has to be present and swiped so that would rule that out

Yep that's the case. And sure if you want the 40 on your leap card all you need to do is go to the nearest shop that does leap and top it up using the cash you got.

Stephen15 wrote:
    I thought the dispute was resolved unions accepted a 11.5% increase or did I miss something

It is resolved. They have been giving out refunds for the last few days.

Collie D wrote: »

Fair point about the credit.

But it's still ridiculous that everyone who wants a refund has to go to O'Connell St.
    Is there something radically different from how Luas monthly/annual tickets work? How come Transdev were able to do it for the Luas by sending in a form?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Fair point about the credit.

But it's still ridiculous that everyone who wants a refund has to go to O'Connell St.
    Is there something radically different from how Luas monthly/annual tickets work? How come Transdev were able to do it for the Luas by sending in a form?

The refund would be categoriesd as a "Top-Up." Top-Ups can't be distributed through Dublin Bus' leap equipment.

edit:

Scratch that, just reading back I didn't notice they were refunding as cash. This really does seem like something that had little thought put into it. But refunds have always been done through O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just went around on lunch and can confirm it's cash only. Did ask could it be credited to Leap card but was told no. Lunch out and a few pints tonight for football so happy enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

Fair play to the drivers for sorting us all out with the few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/union-warns-of-ballot-for-strike-at-dublin-bus-in-row-over-pensions-1.2964624
    Union warns of ballot for strike at Dublin Bus in row over pensions

The row at Dublin Bus relates to the implementation of the agreement which ended the strike last September. Under this deal, the overall 11.25 per cent increase over three years was to become reckonable for pension purposes from the beginning of February.

It is understood that at talks last week, unions were asked to agree to a further deferral of this deadline to facilitate negotiations on pension reforms across the broader CIE group of State transport companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

You have to wonder just how much more of the endless strike threats the public will put up with. The public sector unions, particularly the transport unions, are playing with fire - the BE strike in particular looks unsolvable without a public bailout, and I can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

hmmm wrote: »
    You have to wonder just how much more of the endless strike threats the public will put up with.

Virtually infinite. They've been going on for years, and aside from tut tutting there hasn't been any backlash from the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

n97 mini wrote: »
    Virtually infinite. They've been going on for years, and aside from tut tutting there hasn't been any backlash from the public.

There was a lot of disgust over the Luas strike last year. Shame no one had the balls to call them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

2000 applied for 29 luas cross city driver jobs. Safe to say with those numbers, in a non blackmailable private company, you wouldn't be on 35k after one year and a few week training course ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Idbatterim wrote: »
    2000 applied for 29 luas cross city driver jobs. Safe to say with those numbers, in a non blackmailable private company, you wouldn't be on 35k after one year and a few week training course ...

Not year one. Pay for year two is a touch under 35k:
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/more-than-2000-people-applied-for-the-29-new-luas-cross-city-jobs-35429444.html

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »

a non blackmailable private company like, hmmmmm, say, transdev? oh wait, they run the luas, the exact operation that is recruiting.

Advertisement