Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 - Speculation Thread - "Non book readers"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sleepy wrote: »
    Archmaester Marwen?
    It's Marwyn, but yes, that was my first thought too. Jim wouldn't make a good Howland Reed, in my opinion.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Effects wrote: »

There was a video doing the rounds also. Looks like he may be using a weapon that his daddy would have used in his day!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

With Robert, Stannis, Renley, Shireen (and arguably Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella) all dead)... it'd seem that he'd be the last living person with Baratheon blood so baseborn or not, he'd have a fair claim at the stormlands.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Effects wrote: »
    An old character is coming back. Not speculation so I'm making sure to spoiler it:

I always disliked the Gendry debates/anger from show fans. Its not like they ever killed him off, he was send off to an undisclosed. The showrunners had a plan for him but it was on the backburner and he was always going to reappear in some way. His backstory was too important to be dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Just watched got from season one again and last nite was at season six episode the door... I dunno if it's just me but when bran is after escaping the dead army before he meets benjin he is still in the past and we can hear the mad king saying "BURN THEM ALL" but it could be just me is he actually saying "BURN THE WALL" will we see the wall on fire???

I've read that the wall has magic in it so as the nights king can't pass presumably it has dragon glass... Some theories are that burn them all is bran telling the mad king and so burn them all at the wall is what was meant not burn them all at kings landing So what I'm getting at is does the mad king say "BURN THE WALL" and in so releasing the dragon glass because afaik the nights watch has no dragon glass left as they left it at hardhome... Just my two cents and maybe I'm just gone on a complete mind bender here but I've replayed it over and over again and I keep hearing "BURN THE WALL"

Any suggestions........

According to joe.ie the running times for the Season 7 episodes are as follows: Episode 1: 59 minutes. Episode 2: 59. Episode 3: 63. Episode 4: 50. Episode 5: 59. Episode 6: 71. Episode 7: 81.

Impressive!

Season 8 it is rumored could have feature length episodes.

More impressive!

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/every-episode-in-game-of-thrones-season-8-could-be-the-length-of-a-film-593757

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Just watched got from season one again and last nite was at season six episode the door... I dunno if it's just me but when bran is after escaping the dead army before he meets benjin he is still in the past and we can hear the mad king saying "BURN THEM ALL" but it could be just me is he actually saying "BURN THE WALL" will we see the wall on fire???

I've read that the wall has magic in it so as the nights king can't pass presumably it has dragon glass... Some theories are that burn them all is bran telling the mad king and so burn them all at the wall is what was meant not burn them all at kings landing So what I'm getting at is does the mad king say "BURN THE WALL" and in so releasing the dragon glass because afaik the nights watch has no dragon glass left as they left it at hardhome... Just my two cents and maybe I'm just gone on a complete mind bender here but I've replayed it over and over again and I keep hearing "BURN THE WALL"

Any suggestions........

Very plausible, the hordor implication certainly indicates that Bran can cause past events through warging in to people whilst viewing the past.

Another foreshadowing that's been running around my head is The Hound's fear of fire and that from the trailers it seems he goes beyond the wall with Jon and the brotherhood without banners. Perhaps the hound's fear of fire is foreshadowing him being turned in to a white walker, who can be defeated with fire. Or something like that, seems too obvious to ignore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

duploelabs wrote: »
    Perhaps the hound's fear of fire is foreshadowing him being turned in to a white walker, who can be defeated with fire. Or something like that, seems too obvious to ignore

Or, you know, he was literally set on fire in his past and has a plausible reason to have that fear.

Not saying you couldn't be right, just that people try to attach significance to all sorts of things in GoT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Vojera wrote: »
    Or, you know, he was literally set on fire in his past and has a plausible reason to have that fear.

Not saying you couldn't be right, just that people try to attach significance to all sorts of things in GoT.

I've got to agree with this, the hound is a minor character in the grand scheme of it so I think his fear of fire is just caused by his brother shoving his face in a fire.

The mad king theory is good shout and seems plausible. His downfall led to the end of the Targaryan dynasty and brought us Jon Snow as a result. Danearys was forced into exile where she is given some Dragon eggs which most likely wouldn't have occurred without the dentist of the mad king

• Advertisement

A dragon will be killed. Dany's simply too strong for there to be any drama without her suffering a major blow.

Cersei will form an alliance with Euron and the veil is going to slip even further from Jaime's eyes. If Arya doesn't get to her first, Jaime will have killed Cersei by the end of this season.

There'll be a Targaryen re-union and Dany is likely to find Jon a good candidate for her "alliance by marriage" thing.

Jon and Arya will be re-united and Mrs Sleepy will blubber like a baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭golfball37

Jorah gets cured reunites with Dani. Sees his old mans sword with Jon and transfers his jealousy of Dario onto snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

duffman13 wrote: »
    Igiven some Dragon eggs which most likely wouldn't have occurred without the dentist of the mad king

The mad king's fury and pyromania was driven by incompetent dental work? Hmm, makes sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Here's the titles, descriptions for the first three episodes. Doesn't give a lot away in truth...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-season-7-what-first-three-episode-titles-reveal-whats-coming-next-1019363

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What's the one thing the Night King and Mellisandre have in common? They both have powers to raise the dead, only when Melly does it they revert to themselves where as the Night King turns them into zombies. I wonder if Mellisandre has the capability of turning a White walking dead back into a human.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Feets

I predict , to gain Cersei's trust; that Euron Greyjoy will bring home Tyrion Lannisters head on a plate. Or on a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Feets wrote: »
    I predict , to gain Cersei's trust; that Euron Greyjoy will bring home Tyrion Lannisters head on a plate. Or on a stick.

Or Gendry.... Roberts basterd....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Or Gendry.... Roberts basterd....

Oooohh I like that much more than sometimes like Arya just bumping into him, Nymeria and Hot Pie conveniently all hanging out!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 houlihand

Surely Euron's gift will be the Gendry? Seems like the most fitting way to bring him back into the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

houlihand wrote: »
    Surely Euron's gift will be the Gendry? Seems like the most fitting way to bring him back into the show!
    Kind of a pointless gift though. For somebody with enemies all around, the gift of her dead husband's bastard son seems like a bit of useless flummery. She's got the iron throne and some bastard offspring of a completely wiped out family would be a curiosity at best.

Euron's got a huge fleet. Seems more likely he'd attack one of those enemies. Nearest one would be Dorne as the ship sails.

• Advertisement

Or Dany's fleet on Dragonstone which is basically at the mouth of Blackwater Bay...

Though admitting that might call into question how two 1000+ ship fleets somehow managed not to spot each other in such a relatively small piece of open water...

Sleepy wrote: »
    Or Dany's fleet on Dragonstone which is basically at the mouth of Blackwater Bay...

Though admitting that might call into question how two 1000+ ship fleets somehow managed not to spot each other in such a relatively small piece of open water...
    You could be right. The trailers showed a sea battle involving Yara and Theon. It's unlikely they would be anywhere else other than at Dragonstone unless they attacked Kings Landing.

They would have come from different directions though. Dany from across the Narrow Sea would probably have come at Dragonstone from the north whereas Euron would have sailed around Westeros coming into Blackwater Bay from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dannys fleet has to suffer a major defeat or at least 1 dragon, maybe 2, have to go, otherwise shes far too overpowered and can steam roll any of the living houses at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Dannys fleet has to suffer a major defeat or at least 1 dragon, maybe 2, have to go, otherwise shes far too overpowered and can steam roll any of the living houses at will.

Hence an alliance between a weakened Danny and Jon Snow?

Makes sense to me.

You could be right. The trailers showed a sea battle involving Yara and Theon. It's unlikely they would be anywhere else other than at Dragonstone unless they attacked Kings Landing.
    Actually in the trailer for Episode 2, Yara suggests an attack on KL.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hence an alliance between a weakened Danny and Jon Snow?

Makes sense to me.

I think she has eyes only for the Iron Throne, Jon, having seen the white walkers north of the Wall, couldnt give a toss about it so unless he can convince her otherwise, there paths may only cross as Jon pleads for dragon glass to take on the white walkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was thinking about the whole Dragonglass situation, and I would say that's going to be the primary dynamic in this season. Jon will know that he needs dragonglass to defeat the walkers, but that he Daenerys's help. While Jon's focus has shifted from "defending the north" to "defending the whole world", Daenerys is still in the "claiming back the throne" mode.

And Jon is the son of a man who led the rebellion against her father. With Bran now back in the north I wonder will that come full circle (Non-book spoiler from season 6 (?)
    Bran is the only one who knows that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, i.e. the nephew of Daenerys. And the Targaryens do love them some incest
    ) and Jon and Daenerys will get married and unite the North and South.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

seamus wrote: »
    I was thinking about the whole Dragonglass situation, and I would say that's going to be the primary dynamic in this season. Jon will know that he needs dragonglass to defeat the walkers, but that he Daenerys's help. While Jon's focus has shifted from "defending the north" to "defending the whole world", Daenerys is still in the "claiming back the throne" mode.

And Jon is the son of a man who led the rebellion against her father. With Bran now back in the north I wonder will that come full circle (Non-book spoiler from season 6 (?)
    Bran is the only one who knows that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, i.e. the nephew of Daenerys. And the Targaryens do love them some incest
    ) and Jon and Daenerys will get married and unite the North and South.

Did Rhaegar marry Lyanna or was she pregnant through rape?
    Just wondering if Jon is still a bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    You'd want to be the dumbest Stark ever born to not be able to do the maths there. :D

No matter what she whispered.

But the most obvious pointer to what Ned knew is how he treated Jon and how close-lipped he was about his parents. If Bran couldn't figure that out, then Westeros is doomed. ;)

Advertisement