Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Fantasy Euro 2016 - Irish Times Edition

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I gave up on it once it got the 1/4s, was never gonna get anywhere in it so would rather just enjoy the rest of the tournament for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I lost the motivation after the group stages but I kept at it. I was doing decently too. I think I was 2nd in the boards league for a couple of rounds.

Ah well the end is in sight and I'm a bit ****ed. I have to make 4 transfers before tomorrow. Leaving me with only 1 left over for the final.... That's me well and truly fecked even though I never stood a chance. I'm just doing it for pride now.

**** it.. I'm going all in.

France and Wales to reach the final!!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Bit late to the party but been going well in this. In the quarters, saved all my transfers for the France - Iceland game. Brought in (P)ayet, Pogba, Griezeman, Giroud and Sigthorsson (as a bit of a differential, which worked out). Huge points haul from that jumped me up the table. I checked in on the standings just now and I'm up to 14th all of a sudden! They must have dumped a bunch of teams out of the game or something. I'm 26pts behind 3rd and 30 behind 1st, so still a long shot to get up there.

I made one massive massive mistake earlier in the tournament. Decided after two Ronaldo blanks to dodge Ronaldo in the final group game. He duly scored 2 goals + 1 assist. If I'd done the sensible thing and got him in as captain for the day, I'd have got 26 points from it and be right in the mix for prizes.

Oh well, now I need to think of a strategy to try and bridge the gap. Unfortunately I have Polish keeper, 3 Belgian defenders and Sigthorsson in my team, all eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Didn't realise the exact details of this transfer round....had assumed there was another window after the semi-finals :mad: Think I might have got mixed up with the other game (even though I'm no longer actively playing that one)

So all in now with 2 x Wales, 3 x Portugal, 2 x France & 4 x Germany :D:D:D

Fingers crossed for a Portugal-Germany final i guess lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 scopsm

scopsm wrote: »
    I can't believe I am the only person experiencing issues when I change my formation.

I have now changed my formation again from 3-4-3 where Ibrahimovic was captain (but currently has 0 points but will have 4 points) so he is transferred out as expected and my formation is changed to 3-5-2 as I wanted and I bring in the midfielder I want.

(However, my other 2 strikers points are now set to 0 points when they had 2 and 6 respectively when I clicked on Save Team). So I expect to lose 10 points now as a result of this formation change.

Did they sort this out for you in the end?

My team just randomly went down about 20/30 points on Sunday and I hadn't changed anything - one minute I had 106 and was top of my work league and the next time I was down mid table with way less points.

I worked it out and I was meant to be on my original total (actually a couple of points more) so I mailed them but have had no response yet.
    No, they didn't fix my team. Lost interest now down to 338th now. Would be inside top 100 if they hadn't deleted my points. Have emailed them numerous times and raised lots of support calls. Still investigating. It will be Euro 2020 at this rate though.

I had thought I lost points too at one stage, when I changed formation and Ozil went from 7 points to 0. But I looked at my transfer history, and it had Ozil's points listed there, but he was listed as though I had transferred him out, which I had not.

In my transfer history it has this:
    Player Name - From Date - To Date - Points - Captain Points - Total Points
    M. Özil - 26/06/2016 16:16:24 - 03/07/2016 19:23:28 - 7 - 0 - 7

And in my "current players" list, it has:
    M. Özil - 03/07/2016 19:23:28 - 0 - 0 - 0

I didnt transfer Ozil on the 3rd at all, I made those 5 other changes I mentioned in my other post. So I didn't lose his points, but for whatever reason it banked the 7 points, and reset him to 0 in my current team view.

This might not have anything to do with the points you think you lost, but you could check out your points/transfer history to see if it looks right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭siblers

When you change formation, it auto transfers out your player with the lowest points, so if you went 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 it would transfer out your lowest scoring midfielder. Happened to me with Ozil

I've just dropped to 15th somehow. No points updated yet from this game, and my points total remains unchanged. Odd

It's quite exciting at the top of the overall table. There's only 8 points splitting the top 4. There's only 1 point between 2nd and 4th with 3rd and 4th place tied on 404.

I'd be having a mini stroke if I was in that position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It seems like the IT are making a mess of all Fantasy Sports games, it's Golf one is getting an awful lot of stick. Sounds like similar problems for both.

Draxler captain fail.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd write.

Thought he'd make a nice differential if Germany won but alas it wasn't to be.

5 players now for the final :pac:

Slipped to 18th after the semi finals. Used all 5 transfers to get (R)onaldo coverage and load up on more French players as a last gamble. Matuidi, (P)ogba and Evra were the gambles (along with Payet, Grieze & Giroud). The 3 gambles didn't really work out, but at least France got through so I have 8 players for the final. Captaining Grieze would have been obvious, but no change to gain me any ground on others ahead who also captained him, so went with a risky Pogba captaincy as knew very very few would captain him. Oh well, no guts no glory.

25pts behind 3rd place, 34 behind 1st. It would take a differential hat trick captain to make up that ground I'd say. So think any chance I had is gone now. With some luck I might be able to creep into the top 10 after the final.

By my count, with no goals yet, it's tied at the top with 3 teams on 460 points :O

Even a yellow card could change everything at the top right now

I think the late Pogba yellow card in combination with the Portugal goal has won it for the guy who was already in 1st place. Whole thing swung on that yellow card in the end if my maths is right

4th place in the Boards league for me...happy enough given the level of effort i put into it :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Looked to be only about 10 of us that stuck with it til the bitter end.

Didn't like the format overall I have to say....roll of FPL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I avoided relegation from the 20 team league despite my players being on the beach since day 3 of the tournament :pac:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    4th place in the Boards league for me...happy enough given the level of effort i put into it :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Looked to be only about 10 of us that stuck with it til the bitter end.

Didn't like the format overall I have to say....roll of FPL :D

It appears I finished on the same points as yourself. I don't why you were placed higher than me though.

carnie wrote: »
    It appears I finished on the same points as yourself. I don't why you were placed higher than me though.

Lord knows....in FPL i think it comes down to number of transfers made but this version is so screwy it could be anything....just as well there wasn't any money riding on it i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

Won this without having a clue what the rules were really in the 2 rounds.Roll on the real thing!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement