Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Fantasy Euro 2016 - Irish Times Edition

Options
  • 13-06-2016 11:54am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As requested in other thread please discuss Irish Times FF here.

If you want to put your Boards name to the name in the table below, please do.

F1ngers - Eleven

Table as of last nights games:

27609739086_4f977e1ddb_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Had 4 transfers left so brought in Ronaldo, Cesc, Alaba and Janko. Silva as captain today. I totally avoided players from Ireland's group, those games will be very hard to call.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Brought in and captained Zlatan.

What's the code to join the irish times one?

Boards.ie FSA Euro 2016

Password is Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have teams in both competitions but favouring the Irish Times one as there is a much smaller number of people playing it and much better prizes :-)

Still not 100% sure on the exact workings of the transfers but will probably figure it out in a day or two.

Have Toby, Courtois and Hazard (C) in action later as well as Barzagli

• Advertisement

I gave up on the official game, was too hard to keep track of both teams. Cesc, Morata and Silva let me down today, least I had Alba. All my transfers used now, have 3 left for tomorrow.

Dammit...double Belgian defence not looking too clever now.

Anyone know who got the assist for Italy??

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Dammit...double Belgian defence not looking too clever now.

Anyone know who got the assist for Italy??

Bonocci.

How did Zlatan not get an assist?

How did Zlatan not get an assist?

Rules are explained here: https://fantasyeuros.irishtimes.com/default.aspx?page=faq

• Advertisement

Table after MD1:

27651811666_76e44f772d_b.jpg

That's a pretty huge lead to have so early on, that person will have a fair chance of winning the 3k prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 scopsm

Is anyone having points issues, this always seems to happen with Silent Manager games?
    I had an email yesterday from them with the game update 'Game Update for round 1'

Total Points:

Points Since Last Email:

Your Rank:

Today, I now have:

Round Points
    Overall Points
    Rank
    1872 /7435

I should have 60 points + 22 points = 82 points
    I suspect this could be to do with the fact that I changed formation in Round 1 from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 which may have confused the game although according to the rules, this is supposed to be possible.
    My team formation was 4-5-1. After the Croatia game finished and before the Poland-Northern Ireland game started, I wanted to bring in Lewandowski for my Croatian midfielder Rakitic. This involved changing formation to 4-4-2 to allow this.

Anyone else with points discrepancies after Round 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Got Kroos and Muller in for today. Tempted by Bale too have a feeling that could be a tight affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Tomas Muller captain for toady. A 2 goal brace would do nicely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Currently 300th - brought in Kane today which was a fail - was hoping Sturridge would start as I would have went for him instead.

Have Yarmelenko as captain as they are playing N.Ire and thought he would have chances - Looks like it will be an even game based on first 10 mins.

If I make a change now for Germany- Poland will I get the points?

Or do transfers have to me made before the beginning of games each day?

This is probably useless to you now but it's prior to each kick off (I hope, seeing as I brought in two German players during the English game) so in this case you would have been able to.

siblers wrote: »
    This is probably useless to you now but it's prior to each kick off (I hope, seeing as I brought in two German players during the English game) so in this case you would have been able to.

Yep I changed it and seems this way.

One other question: is there any way to choose which player you sell when you change formation?

I want to to go to 4-3-3 from 3-4-3, and sell Yarmelenko from my midfield but they won't let me.. they keep automatically choosing Bale... seems to be a bug that there is way around.

Muller on the wing is turning out to be a useless captain choice again. Stick him up front to feck!

• Advertisement

I think I might just delete my profile after tonight's game, it's starting to take the fun out of the euros.
    I want to to go to 4-3-3 from 3-4-3, and sell Yarmelenko from my midfield but they won't let me.. they keep automatically choosing Bale... seems to be a bug that there is way around.
    If you change the formation first on the top left, you should be able to do it then.

siblers wrote: »
    I think I might just delete my profile after tonight's game, it's starting to take the fun out of the euros.

If you change the formation first on the top left, you should be able to do it then.

Yeah I am doing that - it tells me I will lose players when From my current team if I change - and then just takes bale out and gives me a space in defence. When I try and change Bale back in for Yarmelenko it's counting it as a extra transfer.. Annoying!

I changed my formation although you are supposed to be able to and I ended up losing 29 points as a result in Round 1 (I should have 60 points and now have 31 points). Changed from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2. Have emailed them but they are taking ages to investigate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I have one transfer left this round. I'm thinking about dropping Muller -> Nolito/Ronaldo

or maybe bringing in either Piqué or Jaunfran in the back

any thoughts?

Prob go with Alaba if you're picking a Spanish defender, bombs forward the whole time. so has a fair chance of getting an assist/goal

I can't believe I am the only person experiencing issues when I change my formation.

I have now changed my formation again from 3-4-3 where Ibrahimovic was captain (but currently has 0 points but will have 4 points) so he is transferred out as expected and my formation is changed to 3-5-2 as I wanted and I bring in the midfielder I want.

(However, my other 2 strikers points are now set to 0 points when they had 2 and 6 respectively when I clicked on Save Team). So I expect to lose 10 points now as a result of this formation change.

Does anyone else get a security warning when trying to log in to the site??

Rapidly losing interest in this I have to say...already abandoned the other one.

The rules in this are so unclear....very frustrating if you were trying to take it anyway seriously

Have Morata(c) and Alba, need Cesc and Silva to do something now..actually a Morata hatrick gets 9 bonus points

My captaincy choices have been dreadful so far. Went with Silva over Morata.

• Advertisement

Lukaku(C)

Advertisement