Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Physics HL LC '16 - Predictions, guesses, discussion, etc.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnny M 256678

Brian_R wrote: »
    This year I could see things like hookes law / simple harmonic motion, semiconductors, and electromagnetism coming up in the long questions, fairly sure none of them came up since like 2010 as long questions apart from q 12.

Think there might not be a full long question on nuclear physics as it's come up every year for a good while aswell.

Possibly a heat long question? Last time it came up was 2011

you basically predicted the whole paper .... fairplay

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lebensraum

I think the answer, well what i said, for the question about coherent sources of light is to make sure the diffraction grating on the slits is less than the wavelength of the monochromatic source of light. If you look at the coherence wiki page it says something similar to what I wrote. Weird paper imo, having particle on q12, first time an experiment from last year coming up, nichrome wire having the resistivity and resistance vs temperature to it and also that q6 was odd I thought. I'm estimating I got 350-365/400 hopefully make the bell curve lol. Pls be nice chemistry pls or i'll be repeating

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bookworm20

bookworm20 wrote: »
    How may neutrons are neccesary for a safe self sustaining fissin reaction?

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

bump

At least one to cause further fission

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lebensraum

bump

I said one as you only need one for a chain reaction and it's easier to control as if you have say 2 then if one gets loose then it can lead to a runaway reaction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

Lebensraum wrote: »
    I said one as you only need one for a chain reaction and it's easier to control as if you have say 2 then if one gets loose then it can lead to a runaway reaction

I said 1 also. I wasn't sure whether it was one two or three.

Advertisement