Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2016 - Speculation and Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Considering getting Civilization 5, Life is Strange (either episode 1 or the whole lot, not sure yet) and 7 days to die. Anyone think it's a bad idea? I'm hoping Civ is a more relaxed version of Medieval Total War 2. Generally hoping for relaxed rather than difficult gaming at the moment? I understand 7DtD isn't relaxed

Life is Strange Episode 1 was my favourite episode out of any episodic games... Great game !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Considering getting Civilization 5, Life is Strange (either episode 1 or the whole lot, not sure yet) and 7 days to die. Anyone think it's a bad idea? I'm hoping Civ is a more relaxed version of Medieval Total War 2. Generally hoping for relaxed rather than difficult gaming at the moment? I understand 7DtD isn't relaxed

Civ 5 is great, get the thing that includes all the DLC and whatnot. It's a chill game that is great for playing while binge watching TV series or listening to podcasts or whatever.

I know i go on about it, but get all of Life is Strange. Amazing game.

Didn't really get on with 7DtD myself. It's very early access.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Silent Hunter® III
    The Banner Saga
    Insurgency
    Gauntlet
    Black Mesa
    Endless Legend™ - Classic Edition
    SimplePlanes
    XCOM 2

My haul this season. I've played away on Black Mesa & Silent Hunter - both very enjoyable. On downer was XCOM 2 which is buggy as anything and trying to resolve with publisher support.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"Encore Sale" now on. Isn't that a bit redundant with the current sale format? There were no daily deals...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Mr E wrote: »
    "Encore Sale" now on. Isn't that a bit redundant with the current sale format? There were no daily deals...

Woo, it's the encore sale, where nothing is different from the previous 11 days of the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

It's kinda funny, SOMA was the main one I wanted, but didn't get it yet. That, and the Life is Strange season pass. Managed to trade for a heck of a lot of stuff though, so that's amazing, but doesn't look too much like I'll be able to make any more trades before the sale's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Just picked up Bad Company 2. Really enjoying the Vietnam DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

For the first time in a few years i havent bought anything in a steam sale. Currently in the market for a gpu so probably best saving my money for that but nothing really jumped out at me this time.

A few games were on the maybe list but just thought they will be cheaper next sale so ill wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

EoinHef wrote: »
    For the first time in a few years i havent bought anything in a steam sale. Currently in the market for a gpu so probably best saving my money for that but nothing really jumped out at me this time.

A few games were on the maybe list but just thought they will be cheaper next sale so ill wait.

Same here, bought Doom, The Technomancer and a few Fallout4 dlc's and that was it. Got more time played out of the dlc's than anything else :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Only bought age of empires2 HD mainly for nostalgia reasons but I'm loving it ha nothing else I fancy to be honest can all be gotten cheaper on key sites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bought a load of cheap bundles and cheap games so got around ~80 games for ~€30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The Escapists with the Walking Dead version also purchased... Kind of annoyed with no controller support considering it is on the PS4 now also...

Last purchase shall be that BF BC2 Vietnam DLC will get stuck into it when my Steam Controller arrives sometime next year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Not a big splurge for me this time round. I went with:

RYSE: Son of Rome - In the mood for a combo, beat-em-up, type game with gorgeous graphics and, hopefully, a decent story.
    Grow Home - A great looking puzzle game from the looks of things.
    Dead Rising 3 - Enjoyed the previous ones and I was looking for something with coop to play with my brother; looking forward to this!
    This War of Mine: The Little Ones DLC - Looks very good and a portion of the proceeds goes to charity.
    Endless Legend - Shifters DLC - Should keep me entertained until Civ VI. :)

I also picked up INSIDE because I really enjoyed LIMBO and it is receiving stellar reviews. Not a sale item though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I just picked up some cheap bundles for trading cards, there's no way I can even hope to run Dirt Rally or GTA V on my laptop. :pac:

Just managed to grab Life is Strange Episodes 2-5, Steamworld Dig, and Aerannis.

Thinking of leaving SOMA 'till next sale, but still very tempted indeed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got a few more before the sale ends.

Life is Strange (1-5)
    Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Creeper World 3
    Aquaria

And nabbed a Civ V Complete Edition key for cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Was good this year, only grabbed door kickers and american truck simulator

Banner Saga nabbed now too :)

**** it, SOMA was the main thing I wanted, I grabbed it. :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Did my last few purchases today
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition | INSIDE | The Golf Club Collector's Edition Bundle | Pony Island | Oxenfree | NBA 2K16 | 12 is Better Than 6

Three of them are just specifically to play with two of my friends weren't even on my wishlist. And inside is a pre-order not a sale item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My own list was started and finished quite near the start of the sale:

Dust: An Elysian Tale
    Murdered: Soul Suspect
    Tormentum - Dark Sorrow
    Ghost 1.0
    Axiom Verge

Alrighty! Final haul is a whopping 20 items:

Steamworld Heist: The Outsider DLC
    Party Hard
    Shrouded In Sanity
    Darkmaus
    Whispering Willows
    Papers Please
    Alien Isolation
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    The Swindle
    Dex
    Momodora III
    The Swapper
    Momodora: Reverie Under Moonlight
    Convoy
    Life Is Strange Season Pass
    Crypt of the Necrodancer (From Steamgifts)
    Steamworld Dig
    Aerannis
    The Banner Saga
    SOMA

This is the most I've gotten ever, my wishlist is well and truly decimated. But here's the cool thing, anything I haven't managed to trade is going to the boards Steamgifts group. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Ah bollocks it anyway, I thought the sale was ending at 6 US time, I'd been putting stuff on my wishlist rather than doing any impulse buying with plans to review it at the end and make more sensible purchases than 'Oh look 50% off, take my money'. Ah well you win some lose some, I did at least pick up Offworld trading few days ago which is great fun, was few others I might of picked up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

My final haul

Firewatch
    Fran Bow
    Armello
    Invisible Inc
    Cossacks DLC for EU4
    ETS2 DLC
    Total War Warhammer Blood DLC

and picked up Mare Nostrum for EU4 on GMG.

Thats the least i've ever bought in a Steam sale. Most of the stuff I was interested in I thought were still too expensive for me to buy this time. Felt like the discounts this year were poor on a lot of games. I think in the run up to Christmas this year I'll be paying more attention to the sales on other sites. Saw some good deals on other sites but unfortunately held out for the Steam sale.

Overall I'm happy with what I got. Already finished Firewatch and Fran Bow which I both enjoyed. Might give Armello a try soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just Soma and Undertale for me. Plus I won Ass Creed, syndicate in the gifts thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Thief: Gold Edition
    • Thief 2: The Metal Age
    • Arx Fatalis

All the mods should mount up to lots of playtime, too. A friendly chap sent me Tabletop Sim and a boardsie gave me the classic Bioshock which I've always played on other people's computers and got a lend of on PS3. Seems I've never bought it myself but am always a returning fan. At least now it's on my own steam library :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got Transformers Devastation and Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns, but I returned the former. It was decent, but I don't really have the love for G1 Transformers that would make me finish the game.

Pretty quiet sale, any of the bigger titles I've had my eye on were available for cheaper elsewhere so just grabbed a few small things
    Punch Club
    Depth
    Party Hard
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
    Door Kickers
    35mm
    The Long Dark
    Rambo
    Primal Carnage
    Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
    Learn Japanese to Survive
    Dinosaur Hunt
    Men of Valor

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just DOOM and Rise of the Tomb Raider. GTX 1080 arriving in two days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Final haul is in...
    Freedom Planet
    Skullgirls
    Dust: an Elysian tale
    Mars: War Logs
    Republique
    Strike Suit Zero: Directors Cut
    Batman: Arkham Asylum*
    Batman: Arkham City*
    Bioshock*
    Bioshock 2*
    Crysis: maximum Edition (Crysis, Crysis: Warhead & something called Crysis Wars?)
    Crysis 2: Maximum Edition
    GTA IV
    GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky
    The Long Dark
    Interstellar Marines
    Hyper Light Drifter
    Mount & Blade
    I am Bread
    Simple Planes
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV
    ...And the Waste Of Space DLC for Goat Simulator (Don't judge me!)

* These four are games i had on DVD but through one thing or another lost & wanted to rebut them.

Advertisement