Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,402 ✭✭✭✭zell12

No, they are for all customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

I'd sooner have texts and data that actually works such as as Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

zell12 wrote: »
    No, they are for all customers

You could be right. I just clicked on "Buy" and saw new customer, so hit the "back" button. I had them a couple of years ago and found them ok, but just ok.

Noticed another improvement
    Top-up by €15, get 15gb (was 10gb)
    Then buy €15 bundle and get 25gb (was 15gb)

Updated deal with the extra GBs & texts

As earlier stated, with Lyca:
    Month1 - Topup by €15, get free calls, 15gb, keep the €15
    Month2 - Use the €15 to buy a IrelandPlus, free calls, free texts, 25gb.
    Net cost is €7.50pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

Does anyone know if a Lyca sim would work in a phone locked to the Three network? I read online that Lyca operate on the Three network.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Does anyone know if a Lyca sim would work in a phone locked to the Three network? I read online that Lyca operate on the Three network.
    It wouldn't.
    They use the networkm but not like that.

What phone is it?

Suckit wrote: »
    It wouldn't.
    They use the networkm but not like that.

What phone is it?

I cracked the screen on my phone, so I was looking to see if I could just pop into Three and grab a phone to tide me over. Thanks for the quick reply though, saved me a few euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Anyone having issues with text messages not being delivered?

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with text messages not being delivered?

Yes, to certain numbers, and some people can't text me, same with phonecalls to different people.
    Luckily the few it has been aren't important to me, but it is a serous pain in the ass, and something that they should have fixed by now.
    I have been on to Hector, rang them and emailed the numbers I know that are affected and each time I just got some runaround crap.

• Advertisement

When I first joined to them a year or two ago, my sister wasn't able to contact me at all and I wasn't able to contact her. She was with iD. Couldn't call or text. Took a good few days of persistent calling. They always say it's the other operators fault and to contact them. Eventually when they exhausted all their excuses they did actually fix it for me. Really they should have done that day one, it was pretty stressful - and the communication wasn't always the clearest.

Other than that, people often tell me when they ring me it sometimes goes straight to voicemail. There are some texts I can't receive either - for example the automated texts from the GP don't work. Also if I send a text that counts as more than one text, the person I'm sending it to never receives it.

But for all these issues, I'm still satisfied enough to stay with them. Their data is flawless for me no matter where I am and I use that more than calls and texts.

it's certainly cheap but the data is pretty bad. frequently end up on the dreaded edge network (effectively useless with modern data requirements of websites and apps) in dublin city centre and suburbs.

Never had any serious issues.
    However, their data server is in UK - Amazon defaults my address to Hounslow, and google defaults to UK
    How to change this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

When I first joined to them a year or two ago, my sister wasn't able to contact me at all and I wasn't able to contact her. She was with iD. Couldn't call or text. Took a good few days of persistent calling. They always say it's the other operators fault and to contact them. Eventually when they exhausted all their excuses they did actually fix it for me. Really they should have done that day one, it was pretty stressful - and the communication wasn't always the clearest.

Other than that, people often tell me when they ring me it sometimes goes straight to voicemail. There are some texts I can't receive either - for example the automated texts from the GP don't work. Also if I send a text that counts as more than one text, the person I'm sending it to never receives it.

But for all these issues, I'm still satisfied enough to stay with them. Their data is flawless for me no matter where I am and I use that more than calls and texts.

Reads like a device config issue to me. Never have any of those problems with Lyca.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fulmar

I got a Lycamobile SIM earlier this year and had problems getting data which they fixed for me. Last week I went to Italy and the mobile (S7) would neither make calls or receive data. I searched networks, found Lycamobile to be told that my SIM did not allow me to join the network. On return to Ireland they tell me that I have to use the App called Lycamobile Services which shows the network that you should connect to apparently. Any other SIM I previously used connected to the foreign network automatically. I would like to hear if others had this issue abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Yes Fulmar thats correct.

Lycamobile Data Roaming thread
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057438222

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

It seems that they got in trouble in UK, I wonder if Comreg is also looking at their roaming pricing.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/06/ofcom-uk-warn-lycamobile-over-surcharge-for-eu-mobile-roaming.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Has anyone else experienced Lycamobile data issues today (Thursday)?
    Has been down for me the whole day so far.

(Apologies is this isn't the best place to post this, but there's an abundance of Lyca customers on this thread.)

biebiebie wrote: »
    Has anyone else experienced Lycamobile data issues today (Thursday)?
    Has been down for me the whole day so far.

(Apologies is this isn't the best place to post this, but there's an abundance of Lyca customers on this thread.)

To be honest the last couple of months have been near permanent data issues.. mostly falling back to edge and going offline

Nope.
    No problems here.

• Advertisement

Do Lycamobile have roaming?

Friend abroad saying that he got a message saying he would have to pay for calls and data.

He's on Ireland Plus btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Suckit wrote: »
    Do Lycamobile have roaming?

Friend abroad saying that he got a message saying he would have to pay for calls and data.

They have roaming with their bundle plans but not for PAYG

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-within-the-european-union-is-changing

He should have roaming on Ireland plus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I ordered the Ireland Plus deal for 15 euro but when I activated my sim it's showing no credit on my online account? Should I not have the 15 euro?

Ush1 wrote: »
    I ordered the Ireland Plus deal for 15 euro but when I activated my sim it's showing no credit on my online account? Should I not have the 15 euro?

No,you used the 15 to buy the bundle. Topping up by 15 gives you credit in your account

NATLOR wrote: »
    No,you used the 15 to buy the bundle. Topping up by 15 gives you credit in your account

Seems a bit of a con, 15 euro to buy a bundle and you get no data calls or anything without spending more?

Seems a bit of a con, 15 euro to buy a bundle and you get no data calls or anything without spending more?

You have the unlimited bundle!? No?

I don't understand. You purchased the ireland plus bundle for 15 euro. That gives you calls to all Irish mobiles and landlines. Texts to all Irish mobiles and 25 gb of data. What's the con?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, so even though when I login to the website my credit says 0, I still have the bundle and my calls and data and stuff?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, so even though when I login to the website my credit says 0, I still have the bundle and my calls and data and stuff?

That's correct.When you log in you can view your bundle details by clicking the link just under your balance

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, I'm an idiot. Not used to prepay.:)

Advertisement