Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn internationals tickets.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Two triple packs plopped through the letterbox this morning! :D

No sign of the two extras I bought for the Oz game.

All bought through the Ireland supporters club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

My tickets arrived on Monday. Purchased direct from Ticketmaster. Can't wait for the games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

My Australia ones arrived. No sign of the New Zealand ones yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Got mine Tuesday.
    Are supporters club tickets always East Stand btw? I've never got seats anywhere but the East Stand and I've only just realised it.

The last twice I've approached from Marlborough Road (southern) direction and end up walking a full lap of the stadium taking an extra 15 minutes to get to my seat...must plan things better!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

kuang1 wrote: »
    Got mine Tuesday.
    Are supporters club tickets always East Stand btw? I've never got seats anywhere but the East Stand and I've only just realised it.

The last twice I've approached from Marlborough Road (southern) direction and end up walking a full lap of the stadium taking an extra 15 minutes to get to my seat...must plan things better!

Mine are east stand because I forgot which stand was which when booking! West stand tickets were available though I thought. I'm just glad to have seats to be honest.

• Advertisement

Apparently there were a handful of tickets available for the NZ and Oz games this morning.
    Just checked...NZ gone but tickets for Oz game available as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Someone needs to call out Ticketmaster on their sister site Seatwave where they are getting a cut (booking fee) over touts selling over face value. It's not right. Why can't Ulster/Munster/Leinster/IRFU just use tickets.ie like Connacht does?!

I'd hate to see Ireland go down the route of the US where tickets become (legal) commodities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Someone needs to call out Ticketmaster on their sister site Seatwave where they are getting a cut (booking fee) over touts selling over face value. It's not right. Why can't Ulster/Munster/Leinster/IRFU just use tickets.ie like Connacht does?!

I'd hate to see Ireland go down the route of the US where tickets become (legal) commodities.
    It's the same with any big event, be it a Coldplay, or U2 concert or Ireland v All Blacks,
    Selling the tickets on tickets.ie or any other ticket settling utility isn't going to stop the greedy touts reselling them on Seatwave, viagogo or getmein.

I completely disagree with it but people need to get their heads around the fact that it's greedy touts reselling the tickets through Seatwave and not ticketmaster holding back tickets and selling them on Seatwave, if Seatwave didn't exist there are plenty of other reselling sites to use.

There's no quick fix unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's the same with any big event, be it a Coldplay, or U2 concert or Ireland v All Blacks,
    Selling the tickets on tickets.ie or any other ticket settling utility isn't going to stop the greedy touts reselling them on Seatwave, viagogo or getmein.

I completely disagree with it but people need to get their heads around the fact that it's greedy touts reselling the tickets through Seatwave and not ticketmaster holding back tickets and selling them on Seatwave, if Seatwave didn't exist there are plenty of other reselling sites to use.

Didn't the ex-CEO of Ticketmaster claim that this is exactly what they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Wasnt there an undercover investigation on this and it was found that this actually was the case. Seatwave acquiring tickets from TM for resale which went against their stated slogan of "fan to fan" ticket exchange...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

kuang1 wrote: »
    Got mine Tuesday.

Not always; it depends on the luck of the draw as well and the amount of take up for bundled tickets. Also, not of the East Stand enters via Bath Avenue so check again to be sure. A friend of mine mixed her entrances up once and missed the kick off :)

Travel wise, if approaching on the DART then perhaps go around via Newbridge Road as it's not as congested; do allow yourself 20 minutes. Another option is Dublin Bus routes 1 or 47; they both get you to the bottom of Londonbridge Road and it's a handy way to approach the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

getting tickets for the home games in the 2017 championship are going to be tough i reckon. have been to at least 1 home championship game since 2008 (thanks to the IRSC) but for 2017 im not too confident as the buzz will be back and its France (24th Feb) and England (18th March, Paddys Weekend, last game of the championship etc)

i think we play Argentina, South Africa and a weaker nation in November 2017

Just had a good look at the tickets left for the Australia game and was surprised that I was able to get 4 tickets together on the halfway line! Delighted with that.
    But that said there are less than 100 seats left now.

Advertisement