Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf00

What the hell, tried those practice tests, what the f***. Took me the 3 minutes to bloody look at those tabs for the numerical ones. Couldn't even bring myself to try the other one. Iv been practicing the other type I thought we might get from past years. I really wanted it too, bought books did that career services course everything I could. I'll go now and cry into my pillow 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Has anyone got 6/6 on both?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

I got 5/6 in the numerical but i'm struggling with the verbal reasoning. I'm only getting a 1/6

I failed the numerical test in 2014 so I have been practising a lot more on the numerical side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I got 5/6 in numerical and 6/6 in verbal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

To anyone saying "I'm not gonna bother now" - I think ye should still do it.

A cliché to be sure, but if you're not in it, you can't win it. I'm shocked at the change in style and difficulty and honestly think I have no chance, but at the same time if I don't sit them then I know I have no chance and will never know.

Plus it'd be extra sickening to log back in here to possibly see posts of "they were a lot easier than I was expecting". I'd rather try them and fall flat on my face than walk away with having a shot at them.

Good luck to all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

Where can i find these practice tests and are they official pratice tests ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

Has everyone who did part a got an email for part b/

SeanOS92 wrote: »
    Where can i find these practice tests and are they official pratice tests ?

There's a link within the information Word document they should have sent you by now.

They're examples of tests administered by cut-e - the examples they give on their website are the exact same and their style seems to be underrepresented by free ones online, which makes it a bit of a balls getting in any practice without paying out the silly money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I did really well in the Publicjobs.ie practice tests, but not on these ones. Still, fingers crossed for Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SeanOS92

I did really well in the Publicjobs.ie practice tests, but not on these ones. Still, fingers crossed for Friday!

I'm the same found the ones on Public jobs easy, did ok numbers one on the other practice, pitiful on verbal reasoning.

• Advertisement

I know we're only about 20 people out of the near-30,000 that applied, but if everyone else has the same opinion (that these are way harder than the PJ examples) then it should even things out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

So after the test you are allocated a number,Is that correct? And then after that it's pot luck for which region or in what department you get called for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

LunarSea wrote: »
    I think so (I'm operating on the assumption that if you gave really bad answers in part A you're being exclude from part B).

Everyone who completed Part A will continue to Part B.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

Omg tried these examples and while the more I practiced the easier they got,I'm still dreading Friday not feeling very hopeful at all. It's a pity you don't get the feedback on the ones done incorrectly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

3/6 for Numerical and 5/6 for Verbal.
    All I can do is keep going over it and looking for techniques to evaluate it quicker I guess

Anyone know how long after this closes that you get given your number?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

sorry for this as I know this question keeps getting asked but where are the links...there is no link in my booklets

could someone post the links again please

apologies for the obvious question

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

You'll just have to pass the numerical.
    Position on order of merit will have more to do with verbal results.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jos1979

sorry for this as I know this question keeps getting asked but where are the links...there is no link in my booklets

below is the link
    paspracticesite.cut-e.com

paspracticesite.cut-e.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

Christ on a bike the verbal is horrible! got 4/6 on the numerical and a pathetic 1/6 on the verbal but I'm just in from work and my brain is fried so I hope that's why. :o

• Advertisement

Hi All, These tests are very similar to tests i did for a HSE campaign last year, especially the verbal reasoning one. As someone previously said, just keep practicing. I thought I wouldn't have a hope but passed them, got to interview stage and made the panel!!! It was also a nationwide recruitment campaign so I am still waiting but I am going to give this a go too!! Good luck to everyone....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Orlliee

Literally haven't a hope. I was good at the error checking and categorising information.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I'm a permenant CO for last 2 months, zero need for maths without a calculator but constant error checking before submitting your work, why the hell did they get rid of the part that is really necessary for the job????

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

Is there any other similar examples of these online? I'm finding the more I practice the ones giving I'm just becoming familiar with the passage of information which is obviously making it easier for me to ans but will be no benefit in the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi - did anyone eles who read the information booklet are that it said unless you complete all parts of part A and B you will not be considered for the next stage ? My understanding of that is if for example you have 32 numerical and only manage to do 30 of them even if you get the 30 correct because you didn't get to the 32 you are out ?

claregal1 wrote: »
    Hi - did anyone eles who read the information booklet are that it said unless you complete all parts of part A and B you will not be considered for the next stage ? My understanding of that is if for example you have 32 numerical and only manage to do 30 of them even if you get the 30 correct because you didn't get to the 32 you are out ?

That's not what it means.

It means if you don't sit the tests in the allotted time frames (like how this one is from Friday until the following Thursday) they take it you are not interested.

Those tests are designed so as not to be doable in the allotted time (17 seconds per question for the numerical to read and understand the question, to find the correct tab and then the right answer!).

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    Is there any other similar examples of these online? I'm finding the more I practice the ones giving I'm just becoming familiar with the passage of information which is obviously making it easier for me to ans but will be no benefit in the real thing.

Yeah - 60 quid for a week's access to them :mad:

Has anyone been in contact with PAS to confirm that the tests are being administered by this cut-e crowd?

I really don't see the logic in them; even the numerical ones are just a test of how to find and read the info quickly - you don't have time to interpret the questions and they certainly don't test your arithmetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭claregal1

LunarSea wrote: »
    That's not what it means.

It means if you don't sit the tests in the allotted time frames (like how this one is from Friday until the following Thursday) they take it you are not interested.

Those tests are designed so as not to be doable in the allotted time (17 seconds per question for the numerical to read and understand the question, to find the correct tab and then the right answer!).
    Thanks for the reply - thought as much myself because had been practising with the career ones all week and couldn't get the allocated 42 questions finished in the 12 minute time frame .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 old woman

I am terrified of the new tests, was just getting good at the public jobs ones, gutted 😥

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement