Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The future of James Bond

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't buy it. I find it hard to believe they would announce this before Craig's final film is out. Even if they are in talks i don't think they would be anywhere close to being complete at this stage. Plus Hardy is way to big a name. They'd have to pay him a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

I didn’t think Tom Hardy would go for it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,999 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

If this is true, it's an odd choice for Hardy to make. He seems to be a lad that likes to mix things up a bit and being tied to a franchise like Bond can be very restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Tony EH wrote: »
    If this is true, it's an odd choice for Hardy to make. He seems to be a lad that likes to mix things up a bit and being tied to a franchise like Bond can be very restrictive.

Not like he's signed up for any other franchise. :pac: Money talks at the end of the day for actors.

They'd be doing very well to get him anyway. Now if Nolan directs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

2 things with tom hardy immediately rule him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Acosta

Surprised by the amount of people online that would prefer Henry Cavill. He's a piss poor actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Acosta wrote: »
    Surprised by the amount of people online that would prefer Henry Cavill. He's a piss poor actor.

And Bond is all about the acting......

Cavill is good just hasn't had a good Superman to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Don't think I'm buying it

It's too big a celeb news item to drop on a Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not like he's signed up for any other franchise. :pac: Money talks at the end of the day for actors.

They'd be doing very well to get him anyway. Now if Nolan directs.....

Venom which he also produces

I could see him as a Bond villain, was This Means War his audition :P

• Advertisement

Hardy would be the shortest bond at 5 ' 9"

glasso wrote: »
    Hardy would be the shortest bond at 5 ' 9"

Meh....I don't care about that sh1t and I'm sure most would agree if the actor has sufficient presence which Hardy has in spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Not really a fan, sorry. He's ok as a co-star like in Inception but otherwise no.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

I don't care about the next james bond, he kills for country, queen and God. We don't need another murderous toff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,317 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I can't think of any current top actor as overrated as Tom Hardy. Possibly Idris Elba although he's not as big as Hardy.

This has to be wind-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Acosta

Thought he was shocking in the last Mission Impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thing is that any actor who has been cast as Bond tends to be a somewhat of an "unknown" actor.

Like that they've done enough to get on the radar to be cast. But never a household name. Tom Hardy is a megastar.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JJayoo wrote: »
    And Bond is all about the acting......
    Thought he was shocking in the last Mission Impossible

Bond needs to have charisma which Cavill lacks imho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

Ricky Tarr as James Bond? So crazy it just might work...

I like Tom Hardy but I can't see him as Bond. I always felt it should be Idris Elba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

I like Tom Hardy but I can't see him as Bond. I always felt it should be Idris Elba.
    Bond has grey eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sadly for Idris he is 48 years old. If he was 10 years younger he would be a heavily strong contender as we are now in an age where characters race or genders are swapped. Personally I believe the next Bond will be black.

As it stands Craig has the longest run of being Bond having spent 14 years and starting when he was 38. If Elba was to be cast he would be playing Bond at perhaps 51 when the movie comes out? Then 57-60 if they managed to get three movies out of him.

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Bond has grey eyes.

Sean connery has brown eyes.

Are there no good trans men of colour out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I don't care about the next james bond, he kills for country, queen and God. We don't need another murderous toff

I watched Anthony Start as Homelander in The Boys.

Would be interesting to see a Bond who was totally cool and suave, but also capable of being a complete nutjob in certain situations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

How come James Bond never Plays James Bond ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    I watched Anthony Start as Homelander in The Boys.

Would be interesting to see a Bond who was totally cool and suave, but also capable of being a complete nutjob in certain situations

Bond has to be in control of his actions and maintain a cool head in all situations. If Mi5 selected a nut job as one of their operatives then their selection process would be a failure. Who would want a flapper as a 007.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭blue note

Age is a big thing for me with bond. I think Hardy is too old to be cast as bond now. By the time the first film would be out he'd be about 47, he could easily be 50 by the second. That should be a cut off in my eyes. And when you cast a bond you want at least 3 films from him.

I felt brosnan at the end looked too old for it, even more so with connery and Moore. They were less believable beating up people, and a bit of a dirty old man bedding the 20 something year old girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

If it’s going to be a younger actor it will end up being someone like Harry Styles, Nicholas Hoult, Jamie Bell, Taron Egerton or one of the lads from GoT.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Mortgage Question

blue note wrote: »
    Age is a big thing for me with bond. I think Hardy is too old to be cast as bond now. By the time the first film would be out he'd be about 47, he could easily be 50 by the second. That should be a cut off in my eyes. And when you cast a bond you want at least 3 films from him.

I felt brosnan at the end looked too old for it, even more so with connery and Moore. They were less believable beating up people, and a bit of a dirty old man bedding the 20 something year old girls.

There's no issue with Bond bedding young women, he's a ruthless character that does what he wants. Women in early to mid twenties are most attractive and Bond goes after what he wants.

The issue with age is it's gets more difficult to suspend belief that he can beat up so many younger men.

Advertisement