Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scholarstown Wood Rathfarnham

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Usually you can sign a conditional contract which states that you buying the house is subject to you being able to draw down your mortgage when the time comes. If you ran in to difficulty with the bank giving you the money you could pull out and get your 10% deposit back. The developer it would appear is insisting on this clause not being included so once you pay your deposit on signing the contracts your deposit is gone if you try to pull out for whatever reason.

Could you please explain further why would the bank change their mind once we have the loan in principle approved. Bank will send their valuer to match the asking price, not sure what happens next. Do they again ask for statements and other proofs jut before actual draw down?

Apologies, we are first time buyers and unaware of the entire flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Could you please explain further why would the bank change their mind once we have the loan in principle approved. Bank will send their valuer to match the asking price, not sure what happens next. Do they again ask for statements and other proofs jut before actual draw down?

Apologies, we are first time buyers and unaware of the entire flow.

The bank may look for more statements if there was a bit of time between the approval and you finding somewhere. A condition of the mortgage is to have mortgage and house insurance. If you ran in to difficulty getting either one of these then you can't draw down your mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Thanks, ours is the case of applying for mortgage after finalizing the property and receiving the loan approval in principle, but yes there will be few months gap as property is not built yet. Need to check again with bank. I assume home insurance should not be very difficult to get

Thanks, ours is the case of applying for mortgage after finalizing the property and receiving the loan approval in principle, but yes there will be few months gap as property is not built yet. Need to check again with bank. I assume home insurance should not be very difficult to get

Home insurance is usually straight forward. Mortgage insurance can be problematic if there is any health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kalop

Following on a discussion about Scholarstown Wood development, has anyone thought about Ballyboden Water Treatment Plant right beside this development. Will there be a lot of noise coming out from that water plant? I can imagine a huge pumps will be installed in there once the construction work has been finished.

Also, are there any plans to build a professional motorway noise cancellation screens along M50. There is already a constant noise from M50. Extra noise from pumps would make this place totally uninhabitable.

Thanks for comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Usually you can sign a conditional contract which states that you buying the house is subject to you being able to draw down your mortgage when the time comes. If you ran in to difficulty with the bank giving you the money you could pull out and get your 10% deposit back. The developer it would appear is insisting on this clause not being included so once you pay your deposit on signing the contracts your deposit is gone if you try to pull out for whatever reason.

Avoid all new builds then, a lot of builders will no longer allow this clause!

Kalop wrote: »
    Following on a discussion about Scholarstown Wood development, has anyone thought about Ballyboden Water Treatment Plant right beside this development. Will there be a lot of noise coming out from that water plant? I can imagine a huge pumps will be installed in there once the construction work has been finished.

Also, are there any plans to build a professional motorway noise cancellation screens along M50. There is already a constant noise from M50. Extra noise from pumps would make this place totally uninhabitable.

Thanks for comments.

You won't hear the M50 from scholarstown wood

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Kalop wrote: »

Thanks for comments.
    I think you're overstating the impact of the water works. The reservoir which is there at present makes no noise whatsoever, and the upgraded plant will be a covered reservoir. If there's any noise from it at all, I'd be surprised. This reservoir doesn't pump water at all, except whatever internal mechanisms are required to push it through filters. The water pressure from it is delivered by gravity.

Scholarstown Wood doesn't back onto the M50, so won't have any remit to demand extra noise barriers. However, it's not that noisy in real terms. I checked out houses right beside it a while back and while you can clearly hear the hum outside, inside the house you hear nothing. It would easily be the same in Scholarstown wood.

Where I am now is about 500m from the M50 and on a clear & quiet morning/night, you can still hear the hum of the M50. There's only so much barriers can do, and these are already in place at this part of the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Blud

Anyone any updates on this development? Latest phase selling ok?

Anyone on here moved into the estate, and how are they finding it?

We are tempted, lovely houses inside, very well finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I've lived in the estate since December 2016, very happy.

Not sure how the latest phase is selling to be honest, not sure when it was released.

Any questions let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Blud

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I've lived in the estate since December 2016, very happy.

Not sure how the latest phase is selling to be honest, not sure when it was released.

Any questions let me know.

Thank you sir/ma'am.

Do you know what primary schools you are in the catchment area for? Apparently not Colmcilles per themselves, which I was surprised at.

With the bay windows and no front garde s, is privacy an issue in the estate? Everyone seems to have blinds drawn a the time, which is not a great look.

Buses to town in rush hour - reliable, completely mental, or just fine? What do you think?

Appreciate your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Blud wrote: »
    Do you know what primary schools you are in the catchment area for? Apparently not Colmcilles per themselves, which I was surprised at.

I can't confirm about the schools unfortunately.
    With the bay windows and no front garde s, is privacy an issue in the estate? Everyone seems to have blinds drawn a the time, which is not a great look.

I accept your point about the blinds not looking great down, but I don't have any issues with the bay windows and privacy. If I want privacy I can draw the blinds, alternatively I can let a lot of light into the house.
    Buses to town in rush hour - reliable, completely mental, or just fine? What do you think?

I drive to work normally, so rarely use the bus at rush hour, but when I have it's been reliable/fine. There is a bus stop right at the front of the estate and the 15B services it.

All of our neighbors are very friendly and we haven't had any issues of note in the 18+ months we have been here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aqualeo

Hi,

I will be signing my contracts to buy a 3 bed in the project in two weeks time. Prior to doing that wanted to clear a couple of things if possible.

1) I hear from different sources of few social housing projects in plan, near to the estate - Is that True ?
    2) How safe is to walk around the estate and towards Rathfarnham in the evenings ?
    3) What would be the best boys private school options near by ?
    4) i have heard of few break ins in early 2018. Did we have any such incidents ever since then ?

Any help will will be appreciated .

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Does anyone know the price of the 3beds in this development?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

aqualeo wrote: »
    Hi,

I will be signing my contracts to buy a 3 bed in the project in two weeks time. Prior to doing that wanted to clear a couple of things if possible.

1) I hear from different sources of few social housing projects in plan, near to the estate - Is that True ?
    2) How safe is to walk around the estate and towards Rathfarnham in the evenings ?
    3) What would be the best boys private school options near by ?
    4) i have heard of few break ins in early 2018. Did we have any such incidents ever since then ?

Any help will will be appreciated .
    1) Every new estate iwll have a minimum of 10% social housing so I wouldnt be too worried about that.

2) I go running in the area very regularly at night any time form 6 - 10pm and have had no issues.

3) Thats a matter of opinion but you have Rockbrock and Terenure College both very close. Both very good schools.

4) Thieves tend to target new areas where the police arent aware of yet, may not have installed security yet and may be empty and also have new shiny items

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Hi All,

We are considering purchasing in Scholarstown Wood and I'd appreciate feedback from anyone that is living in the estate.

We drove around it yesterday and there seems to be a lot of young families, is the estate mainly young or a mix? We have 3 children (11, 8 and 3) and we are potentially moving them from west Dublin, so would like to know if there are many kids around their age.

Are there sufficient green areas for children to play? The 3 year old will be sorted with the playground, but I am more thinking for the older two playing ball.

Is traffic in the area always busy?

What are the bus routes like to town? Reliable? How long does it take?

There are lots of schools in the area, any you'd recommend or avoid?

Who is the best network provider in the area for broadband?

Are there local shops or is everything a drive away?

Who are the local soccer team for children?

I'm sure I have more, but would really appreciate feedback on the above.

Thanks,

NT

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

Hi All,

We are considering purchasing in Scholarstown Wood and I'd appreciate feedback from anyone that is living in the estate.

I'm not in the estate but very close by

We drove around it yesterday and there seems to be a lot of young families, is the estate mainly young or a mix? We have 3 children (11, 8 and 3) and we are potentially moving them from west Dublin, so would like to know if there are many kids around their age.

From what I've seen, I would say a soft yes, but also plenty that age in the nearby estates (Boden Park etc.)

Are there sufficient green areas for children to play? The 3 year old will be sorted with the playground, but I am more thinking for the older two playing ball.

There are several green areas nearby, don't know if there's any in the estate itself.

Is traffic in the area always busy?

Pretty much yes - around rush hour 07:00 - 10:00 and 16:00 - 19:00

What are the bus routes like to town? Reliable? How long does it take?

Very reliable and every 10 mins at rush hour, on a really good quiet day it can be 30 mins to city centre, but on a heavy traffic day you are looking at 60 mins

Don't have kids, can't comment.

Who is the best network provider in the area for broadband?

Virgin, Eir, Sky and others (plus any that use the copper infrastructure) are all available as far as I know, I've used both Virgin and Sky in an adjoining estate and found both reasonably reliable.

Are there local shops or is everything a drive away?

Local Shop is a 10 mins walk away (Costcutters) and a bit further (in a different direction) for the Spar at Orlagh, both open until 22:00

Yes, I know, as the neighbours kids are on it
    Edit: Misread that: There's one in Knocklyon and others within driving distance

I'm sure I have more, but would really appreciate feedback on the above.

Thanks,

NT

I'd also suggest looking up the house on google maps and then checking for nearby facilities, shops, schools, dry cleaners etc and you'll get a better idea of what's nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Most of your questions have been answered, I'll throw in a few other bits.
    There is some green space in the estate itself, and loads around the locality. If you're happy enough with them going off by themselves, there's a huge enclosed green space across in Boden Park, and loads next door in Woodfield
    There's none you'd avoid really. Scholarstown Wood is kind of straddling two catchment areas. There are mixed schools in Knocklyon at primary & secondary level that are in high demand, and mixed & single-sex schools in Ballyroan.
    Knocklyon United would be the closest club.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Thanks guys, appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jerry Fireball Mudflap

I walked by the estate the other day and it looks like there are more apartment blocks being built at the entrance near the roundabout, is that where they will house most of the required 20% social housing applicants? Or do they have to mix in the 20% throughout the estate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Viewed one of these the other day, impressed with the house.

Is there any residents on this that can give their thoughts and feedback on the estate?

Advertisement