Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero Movie Tournament!

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Civil War

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

The Dark Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The Dark Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The Dark Knight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Civil War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

The Dark Knight for me... an incredible movie. Ledger achieved greatness in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

The Dark Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

The Dark Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Civil War ...Dark Knight is very long to rewatch and i feel alot of people have over blown it because of Heath Ledger dieing and that whole hard on in general for Christopher Nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Civil War

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The Dark Knight

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Dark Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Will throw my lot in with Captain America.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well folks, we began this tournament attempting to discover the superhero movie that this forum believes to be the best one of all. We started with 64 films, and managed to whittle it down to just 2.

Now, at long last, we have our answer...

The concensus favourite on the best superhero movie, which is...

The Dark Knight!

220px-Dark_Knight.jpg

The Dark Knight defeats the runner-up, Captain America: Civil War, by a final scoreline of 9-6. Although at one stage The Dark Knight trailed 2-1, as soon as Christopher Nolan's film took the lead the result never looked in real doubt.

Had I been called on to give a vote in the event of a tie, I would have gone with The Dark Knight as I feel that movie hit the mark in terms of the overall atmosphere with the emotion, the music, Ledger's performance, and so on. (My overall personal favourite superhero movie remains Superman though. ;))

That then wraps up this tournament. I really enjoyed this one. Cheers everyone for taking part as it wouldn't work without you.

What's next?

We discovered the forum's thoughts on the best superhero movie so it seems to me it makes sense that we next turn out attention to the telly and discover what is the forum's opinion on the best superhero TV series? There have been plenty of shows popping up of late like Daredevil, Gotham, The Flash, Arrow, and I think it would be fun to see how they fare against the previous generations like Adam West's Batman, and Bill Bixby's The Incredible Hulk.

I also plan to include animated series so there'll be the likes of the 90s X-Men, Batman: The Animated Series, the Spidey cartoons and so on. Also, did someone say Captain Planet?

It should be a fun nostalgia trip and I'm hoping to launch that one this Friday evening, 3rd June, 2016. Hope to see you here for that.

Now after all that I find myself wishing I'd asked for some superhero movies for my birthday...

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I also plan to include animated series so there'll be the likes of the 90s X-Men, Batman: The Animated Series, the Spidey cartoons and so on. Also, did someone say Captain Planet?

Can't beat a bit of Captain Planet.

Hopefully The Tick: Animated Series and Earthworm Jim might also be in the mix...

Probably a hell of a lot of Superhero shows though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

That was easily the toughest choice yet for me. X-men was such a great show and a big part of the childhood memories but I went for AoS. It has continued to get better year in year and this past season has been the best yet. Very excited about next season and seeing where it goes next.

Advertisement