Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sam7777

ive sold my leaf and have a abl home charger to sell,just wondering what price to advertise for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,143 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

sam7777 wrote: »
    ive sold my leaf and have a abl home charger to sell,just wondering what price to advertise for ?

Is your charger 32a?

Can you post a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sam7777

unsure how to post a picture,it was fitted by nigel daly when i bought the car,it says 230v 50hz 16a and 32a in brackets

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is your charger 32a?

They all are after you hack them :D

I have the same ABL charger. Was 16A when installed by Nigel Daly. Soon after it was 32A by me. Working perfectly fine since. Good decent reliable (German made) charger. Should be worth a few bob. GLWS sam7777.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭creedp

unkel wrote: »
    They all are after you hack them :D

I have the same ABL charger. Was 16A when installed by Nigel Daly. Soon after it was 32A by me. Working perfectly fine since. Good decent reliable (German made) charger. Should be worth a few bob. GLWS sam7777.

Will be looking to buy a charger unit shortly. I am just waiting for the grant approval to come through. Presumably though the Unit has to be new to qualify for the grant? As a matter of interest is the installation specification less onerous for a 16A charger than a 32A? I have a detached garage that is powered directly by a cable from my main distribution board. Currently it only runs the water pump so I was wondering if this cable would suffice for the EV charger? Wold save a lot of hassle and allow me to install the charger in the garage and not at the side of the house which is inconveniently located.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭KCross

creedp wrote: »
    Will be looking to buy a charger unit shortly. I am just waiting for the grant approval to come through. Presumably though the Unit has to be new to qualify for the grant? As a matter of interest is the installation specification less onerous for a 16A charger than a 32A? I have a detached garage that is powered directly by a cable from my main distribution board. Currently it only runs the water pump so I was wondering if this cable would suffice for the EV charger? Wold save a lot of hassle and allow me to install the charger in the garage and not at the side of the house which is inconveniently located.

You would likely need heavier cable if you want 32A charge capability in your garage particularly since the garage already has lights, sockets and water pump running on the existing cable.

So, two choices:

1) Limit yourself to 16A car charging and reuse the existing cable.
    2) Run a new cable for the charge point (assuming the existing cable is not up to spec) and then you can have 32A charging.

Obviously option 2 is better but might not be very practical if running the cable is difficult. Talk to your electrician.

KCross wrote: »
    You would likely need heavier cable if you want 32A charge capability in your garage particularly since the garage already has lights, sockets and water pump running on the existing cable.

So, two choices:

1) Limit yourself to 16A car charging and reuse the existing cable.
    2) Run a new cable for the charge point (assuming the existing cable is not up to spec) and then you can have 32A charging.

Obviously option 2 is better but might not be very practical if running the cable is difficult. Talk to your electrician.

Will talk to electrician shortly. If I have to run a new cable it won't be to garage as I would have to run cable down side of house chase though 2 footpaths and drive and as well as run up external wall of garage. On the other hand it would probably be madness not to have capacity to charge at 32A as I have a Leaf with 6.6kw charger and I probably paid way too much for this option!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭KCross

creedp wrote: »
    Will talk to electrician shortly. If I have to run a new cable it won't be to garage as I would have to run cable down side of house chase though 2 footpaths and drive and as well as run up external wall of garage.

Are you sure your existing cable is not in a duct?
    If it is in a duct you should be able to pull a new cable without having to chase any walls, footpaths.

KCross wrote: »
    Are you sure your existing cable is not in a duct?
    If it is in a duct you should be able to pull a new cable without having to chase any walls, footpaths.

Good point!! I'll wait to see what the electrician says. It would be brilliant if it would work out as I could then locate the unit in the garage and with the 8m cable I could charge the car inside or outside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Selling original Nissan Type 1 granny charger 230 AC 10 Amp (=2.3 kW). This is the slim version that was supplied with LEAF 2013-17. UK/IE plug. PWO, doesn't have any marks or corrosion etc. on it. Sold my old LEAF so no use for this anymore.

250 ONO. Collection from Leixlip, Co. Kildare preferably although I'm in Dublin 3 often too. Going to put this on Adverts or Ebay if nobody here wants it.

Going to use the funds to purchase a 5 metre 32A Type 2 - Type 2 charging cable. If you happen to have one available I'd definitely be interested in trading. Would be looking for 100 + the cable in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

samih wrote: »
    Selling original Nissan Type 1 granny charger 230 AC 10 Amp (=2.3 kW). This is the slim version that was supplied with LEAF 2013-17. UK/IE plug. PWO, doesn't have any marks or corrosion etc. on it. Sold my old LEAF so no use for this anymore.

250 ONO. Collection from Leixlip, Co. Kildare preferably although I'm in Dublin 3 often too. Going to put this on Adverts or Ebay if nobody here wants it.

Going to use the funds to purchase a 5 metre 32A Type 2 - Type 2 charging cable. If you happen to have one available I'd definitely be interested in trading. Would be looking for 100 + the cable in that case.

Were you behind me on Saturday just gone in a green L40, by the Parish Centre?

Trying to remember what I did on Saturday. I think my wife drove the car to Tullamore and would have been back in Leixlip at 6/7 pm'ish. It's a green car alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Off topic but there was a green L40 in Navan and in J14 M11 (Coyne's Cross) over the weekend too.
    Very distinctive colour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Selling our Leaf, 30kw, 20,000kms, PWO, full service history, taxed etc.
    Only selling as getting a new leaf and would prefer to be cash buyer, priced to sell.
    If not sold pretty soon then we'll simply trade in to avoid all the hassle...any questions or comments please feel free to post on the ad.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/2016-nissan-leaf/15299355

MjlhZmE3ZjhlZTZhMWI5NTQzNjhhODBkYzM1ZTVlZjHOCzisy3mPBtRiU48QhKlGaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNDc0MGExOWU2NjhiNmQ4MWI4NzRjMjBkNjcwNDFlMjhiZjM4ZWYwN2EyMmYzNDQzM2M0ZjJjYjU5NGEwNzc5Zi5qcGd8fHx8fHw5ODB4NDU0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Nice car slave1, still selling my old car and looks like no one is interested in it... a shame

That car will sell no problem don't worry. 30 Kwh are a rare beast.

Perhaps advertise it on carzone.

slave1 wrote: »

Not trying to be smart and I know you tried to give all the info you can but it might be a bit ott for someone just looking for a cheap to run car.

Perhaps say how much a full charge costs on night rate electricity and how far that will get you etc, service costs.

And maybe put down whether it has 6.6 or 3.3 Kw charger. That's about as far as I'd go technically.

Anyone that knows about these cars will ask you about leaf spy etc.

Keep it simple.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thanks for feedback, incorporated elements into the ad, thought I had put in the 3.3Kw charger piece but missed that...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Colleague selling his 2014 Nissan Leaf SV Gen 1.5

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2014-nissan-leaf-sv-gen-1-5/18668083

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I feel a little dirty putting this up as it's hybrid and not full electric :)

https://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/auris/2010-toyota-auris-hybrid-t4/15315212

OWNmMTkwYjA3ZTZlM2Y5ODU0MTIwNzM5ZmNlM2Y5NDY2HUt1pUt1iG3HbOxAgc5TaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDc2YTQ2MzZlNzk3ZWY2OWFmNmJjYzRhNTBlZGM2Y2ZhMjU3Y2U2ODNmMGM2ZDJlMDc0ZjlhMTg3YjgxNjI1Zi5qcGd8fHx8fHw5ODB4NDU0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

astrofluff wrote: »
    I feel a little dirty putting this up as it's hybrid and not full electric :)

https://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/auris/2010-toyota-auris-hybrid-t4/15315212

Hybrids always welcome....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭pah

I feel mine is even dirtier

We're looking for a 7 seater so will probably end up trading this in. It's a bit of a niche model but have priced it around the same as cost of bringing in from UK.

NDUyYjQ2MjY0ODg1NWJiOTdlMzNjY2M5ZWQ0YTBmYTYiv3Bdf78gYehcjvMVOUdiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDEyMDQ1MDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice car Pah, good luck with the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You have alternatives to 7 seater....see attached :D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭zoom_cool

My Mother is selling her Nissan Leaf Acenta + model 152 model with 6.6KW on board charger only 44000KM on the clock €12250 if anyone is interested PM me.

It also has just been serviced last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭pah

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You have alternatives to 7 seater....see attached :D

maybe if there was a 5 seat multimac :p

There won't be any spare seats in my 7 seater

samih wrote: »

Now sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Advertisement