Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

stesaurus wrote: »
    Not the car but the charger!

il just get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

KCross wrote: »
    132 (Gen 1.5) White 3.3kW OBC - £9750
    https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-leaf-accenta-24kwh-2013.93641/

Im sure there is much better value but just to kick things off! :)

Down to £9k now!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If anyone was in the market for a Type 1 granny cable for their Leaf, this one might be got for £100, rather than the £300 Nissan look for.

I had never seen this cable before, but seller maintains will work perfectly with a Leaf and even prepared to offer a refund if it doesn't.

https://speakev.com/threads/voltec-type-1-j1772-granny-10a-8a-evse-for-ampera-leaf-env200-outlander-fluence-etc.93369/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Car was purchased from "the car people" in Liverpool yesterday. An impressive location and only one of four. Getting the V5 took a bit of explaining, as they wanted to give the short version, then a photocopy of the full version. In the end, I got the full version. Car was in great nick, as expected.

We stayed overnight in a nice hotel, 2 miles from the port. They had 3 tesla chargers...but no other chargers, or sockets.

The ferry home was absolutely horrible. Was on the Swift. I often suffer from sea sickness, but never as bad. I sh!t you not when I say the ferry was side shifting at 30 degree angles at least. With the exception of the first 15 minutes, I spent the rest of the journey violently sick in the toilet. I heard many other coming into the toilet to get sick and some were vomiting in the sinks. Worst ever ferry ride!!! I'm still recovering from the motion sickness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

goz83 wrote: »
    The ferry home was absolutely horrible. Was on the Swift. I often suffer from sea sickness, but never as bad. I sh!t you not when I say the ferry was side shifting at 30 degree angles at least. With the exception of the first 15 minutes, I spent the rest of the journey violently sick in the toilet. I heard many other coming into the toilet to get sick and some were vomiting in the sinks. Worst ever ferry ride!!! I'm still recovering from the motion sickness.

Done the Swift before like that, literally you couldn't stand up or you would start running.....

All the motorbikes got threw all over the place. Kids puking all over the place. Since then I take the slow ferry......:p

I talked to someone in Irish Ferries about it, he said the Irish sea in reality is too rough fo the swift but they need to put it on due to competition

• Advertisement

Sounds a tight trip!

Well wear with car.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,791 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Liverpool overnight slow & cheap ferry FTW. Why does no one believe me? :p

unkel wrote: »
    Liverpool overnight slow & cheap ferry FTW. Why does no one believe me? :p

I did Liverpool slow, during daylight hours.

Just as good once you have a good book to read or music to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Overnight Liverpool ferry to Belfast was my route. Only issue was that my dad snored like a train and kept me awake!

If anyone spots a good deal, would like to know. Don’t want a unit that needs to be flashed. Must be 32A and tethered.

• Advertisement

If anyone spots a good deal, would like to know. Don’t want a unit that needs to be flashed. Must be 32A and tethered.

Type 2??

NIMAN wrote: »
    Type 2??
    For a Leaf

Leafs are Type 1, J1772

Leafs are Type 1, J1772

Correct. Edited post. I should stop posting so late

Spotted that one earlier. It’s more than the budget. Will have to do a little research on it.

Spotted that one earlier. It’s more than the budget. Will have to do a little research on it.

Do you not qualify for a grant in the new 2018 scheme to get a charge point installed?

In the past you had to buy a new car, but it was announced recently that 2nd hand cars now qualified as well.

If anyone is looking for a type 2 tethered charger, there is one on ebay ending in a few hours. 32A.

Current high bid is £136 plus £10 delivery using parcel motel.

If anyone is looking for a type 2 tethered charger, there is one on ebay ending in a few hours. 32A.

Current high bid is £136 plus £10 delivery using parcel motel.

Or there's this one on Gumtree too

https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-part-accessories/chargemaster-home-ev-electric-car-charger.-7kw-mennekes-type-2.-tethered-cable.-fitted-new-november./1282808837

Discussed buying that EVSE and agreed to bid up to £350. I won the auction last minute at £290 (~340 delivered). I noticed one sold at auction last month for just over £260, so I expected the price wouldn't exceed £300. It was at £285 since yesterday.

• Advertisement

Well done, let us know how you get on with it, give a mini review!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Selling my 161 30 kW nissan leaf SVE.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2016-nissan-leaf-sve-tekna-30kw/17528008

Very sad to see it go :( but new job forces sale. Bought to go home-work-home but new job is right on limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,791 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Would you not trade it in for a new Leaf? If your commute is so big that a 30kW Leaf can't make it, then surely an EV that can will save you a fortune in running costs compared to an ICE (even though you'd have to fork for out buying a new car)

I don't want to be a dick, but I can't see you getting anywhere near your asking price in a private sale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

unkel wrote: »
    I don't want to be a dick, but I can't see you getting anywhere near your asking price in a private sale :(

I'm glad you said it first.

Weren't dealers selling the 30kwh for not a huge amount more than that to try and clear the stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'm glad you said it first.

Weren't dealers selling the 30kwh for not a huge amount more than that to try and clear the stock?

Yup. Crowd in Kildare were selling them for ~€20k around September time.

Even now, you'll get a new SVE with scrappage for around €24k I think.

And a new entry level 40kWh is in the low mid 20s too.

Unfortunately Jim, you're caught at a very bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I'll wait to see if any offers come in.
    As for changing to a new 40kw, its not a goer due to other circumstances. I'll be on bangernomics for 6-9 months.
    The price I feel as everything in life is negotiable.
    Used 30kw SVE on donedeal from dealers start at 21.5k.

I asked about replacement front wiper blades from local Nissan dealer and was quoted €55!

I respectfully declined and got my own...

I bought Bosch equivalents from www.motorparts.ie for €29 inc delivery. You can buy cheaper but I am willing to pay for branded wipers.

The Bosch Aerotwin part numbers are AR16U and AR26U.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

KCross wrote: »
    I asked about replacement front wiper blades from local Nissan dealer and was quoted €55!

I respectfully declined and got my own...

I bought Bosch equivalents from www.motorparts.ie for €29 inc delivery. You can buy cheaper but I am willing to pay for branded wipers.

The Bosch Aerotwin part numbers are AR16U and AR26U.

I always thought like you about the wipers(same brand rebranded and sold more expensive) until I read somewhere genuine ford wipers last longer than bosch aeros even they are produced in same factory.

I bought Ford ones for 50 euro from dealer and I still use them after 3.5 years. Their performance started to degrade around 3 years which is impressive in my opinion.

kerten wrote: »
    I always thought like you about the wipers(same brand rebranded and sold more expensive) until I read somewhere genuine ford wipers last longer than bosch aeros even they are produced in same factory.

I bought Ford ones for 50 euro from dealer and I still use them after 3.5 years. Their performance started to degrade around 3 years which is impressive in my opinion.

The ones I took off were the original so 3yrs old.... they were fooked though.

Lets see how my Bosch ones do. I haven't had issues with them on other cars and I'm not saying its Bosch or nothing... Valeo etc would be fine too. My main objection was paying €55 for wipers!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 QuareHog

I got 2 ecars charge point (ducati energia) when i bought my leaf. Would anyone be willing to swap 1 for a granny cable or selling a granny cable?

thanks

Advertisement