Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,002 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

QuareHog wrote: »
    I got 2 ecars charge point (ducati energia) when i bought my leaf. Would anyone be willing to swap 1 for a granny cable or selling a granny cable?

thanks

Have you a link to these chargers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 QuareHog

Not sure if this is a bargain or not, but Rolec charge point on eBay for 50 quid

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152918109142

Can't seem to make out a charging plug space on it. But is it type 2?

Definitely 3kw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

NIMAN wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a bargain or not, but Rolec charge point on eBay for 50 quid

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152918109142

Can't seem to make out a charging plug space on it. But is it type 2?

Definitely 3kw

Not quite :D

It’s just an external socket.....3 pin, 13 amp. Can plug the granny charger into it.

goz83 wrote: »
    Not quite :D

It’s just an external socket.....3 pin, 13 amp. Can plug the granny charger into it.

Is that all it is?
    It looked like one of their EV chargers to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Is that all it is?
    It looked like one of their EV chargers to me!

Yep, a 13Amp socket housed in a Rolec casing.

goz83 wrote: »
    Yep, a 13Amp socket housed in a Rolec casing.

Bloody expensive so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Selling my 161 30 kW nissan leaf SVE.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2016-nissan-leaf-sve-tekna-30kw/17528008

Very sad to see it go :( but new job forces sale. Bought to go home-work-home but new job is right on limit.

Cars sold. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Out of interest, how much did you get for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

I might have a Kia soul for sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

gally74 wrote: »

What year? Miles & colour?

peaceboi wrote: »
    What year? Miles & colour?

152 it’s a smurf blue with a white roof, 11500 km s car is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You forgot to post the most important bit ;)

unkel wrote: »
    You forgot to post the most important bit ;)

What is that?

What is that?

Does it come with car mats?;)

Does it come with car mats?;)

Ha ha yes, blue trim as well

Well, sure thats everything a potential buyer would need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

'much?
    And is it the newer battery or the older 30kWh(28kWh available) spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Maybe leased battery?🀔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

peaceboi wrote: »
    Maybe leased battery?��

that, or a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Or a typo. €15k would make more sense. It's not worth that but I'd understand someone listing high to allow negotiation.

Don't see even a battery lease 152 being €5k.

Christ how stupid would you have to be to list a car for sale and not even notice you had a typo on the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭creedp

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Or a typo. €15k would make more sense. It's not worth that but I'd understand someone listing high to allow negotiation.

Don't see even a battery lease 152 being €5k.

Have been looking online and its a pain that the important information for EVs is not included such as 3.3 or 6.6kw charger, cold pack, etc. Good to know a 2015 car has a cd player I suppose but really should it be a requirement to give details on whats actually NB for EVs. Otherwise a lot of phonecalls required!

As a matter of interest what do you think a 2015 SV/Acenta with 6.6kw charger and cold pack should be going for in IRL / UK?

If going for a 2016 what kind of a premium do you think a 30kw car would attract?

30 Kwh will attract a premium, extra range + faster charging at fast chargers + the 30 Kwh is rare 2nd hand, more will probably appear next year as they reach 3 years old.

24 Kwh is fine and you can cover about 220 Kms from a 100% charge + with a single DC charge on route. Put the boot down on the motorway and it could be less.

It's a pain to charge when the battery is cold, it slows charging down and I always recommend the 6.6 kw charger because we got a lot of AC charge points and it makes a difference charging at 6.6 Kw V 3.3 Kw, just 2 hrs will give you about 12 Kwh and might even mean you don't have to sit 30 odd mins at a fast charger or longer if there's a queue and if a charger is down it's very useful to have the 6.6 Kw as backup, means half the time then stuck to a AC point if a fast charger is down, so definitely 6.6 Kw charger is very convenient.

If I had to make the choice I'd pay more for the 30 Kwh, more EV range + faster charging on DC I would not go back to a 24 Kwh Leaf but I do drive a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ha ha yes, blue trim as well
    Have you a link to the add?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭creedp

30 Kwh will attract a premium, extra range + faster charging at fast chargers + the 30 Kwh is rare 2nd hand, more will probably appear next year as they reach 3 years old.

24 Kwh is fine and you can cover about 220 Kms from a 100% charge + with a single DC charge on route. Put the boot down on the motorway and it could be less.

It's a pain to charge when the battery is cold, it slows charging down and I always recommend the 6.6 kw charger because we got a lot of AC charge points and it makes a difference charging at 6.6 Kw V 3.3 Kw, just 2 hrs will give you about 12 Kwh and might even mean you don't have to sit 30 odd mins at a fast charger or longer if there's a queue and if a charger is down it's very useful to have the 6.6 Kw as backup, means half the time then stuck to a AC point if a fast charger is down, so definitely 6.6 Kw charger is very convenient.

If I had to make the choice I'd pay more for the 30 Kwh, more EV range + faster charging on DC I would not go back to a 24 Kwh Leaf but I do drive a lot.

Thanks for this and I agree I would also pay a premium for a 30kw Leaf. However, the problem is that they attract a significant premium - going in the region stg£16k+ in UK / €20k+ in Ireland for a 2016. At this point Im thinking the premium is too high and I might look instead at a 13 / 14 Techna with 6.6kw charger which are more common and cheaper. That should do me for a few years and hopefully there will be a much better choice of more affordable cars with better range available at that point.

If I were you I’d test drive one first , take it on a few familiar long trips and see how you get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

creedp wrote: »
    At this point Im thinking the premium is too high and I might look instead at a 13 / 14 Techna with 6.6kw charger which are more common and cheaper. That should do me for a few years and hopefully there will be a much better choice of more affordable cars with better range available at that point.

Based on some of the journeys (130km) you have suggested you need to do I don't think the 24kWh is suitable. You'll regret it when you find yourself sitting at a rapid charger with two cars in front of you!

There are quite a few 30kWh Acenta's in the UK available around the £13k mark but they dont have the 6.6kW charger. Thats a useful option but for you it would be better to have a 30kWh with 3.3kW charger than a 24kWh with a 6.6kW charger!!!!

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-48415903
    https://www.motors.co.uk/car-48620553

• Advertisement

The 30 Kwh is a no brainer really + the advantage of charging faster at the chargers but a 6.6 Kw 30 Kwh can be got too I'd say probably easier in the U.K which will be handy when a charger is down.

Advertisement