Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro 12 semi final - Leinster v Ulster 20/05/2016, 19:45. Live on Sky, TG4, BBCNI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭A-Train

Leinster in big trouble here, Ulster stepped it up and Leinster have no answers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

A half of two halves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Poor effort from Kearney with that tackle.

Very enjoyable half of rugby. Ulster have done very well to come back into this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Leinster expended a lot of energy in the first twenty minutes I hope they haven't blown themselves out.

Cracking game, the second half will be tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

His foot definitely hit the line before the grounding how was that a try

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

A-Train wrote: »
    Ulster getting away with murder taking players out off the ball at every ruck! Isa taken out in from the side also in the build up to that Ulster try!

Ah, I don't think they're doing anything that bad. They were ludicrously offside on that Jackson kick though.

Still, very impressive from Ulster to get back into this. They'll be pretty happy I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

Unbelievable the Ulster fans booing the Gilroy try, since Ulster fans are the only ones who boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

stephen_n wrote: »

Typical pro-Ulster bias!

Well you couldn't see it anywhere. I think his foot was probably out but no way you couldn't award that based on what we saw.

Enjoying this

• Advertisement

Poor effort from Kearney with that tackle.

Very enjoyable half of rugby. Ulster have done very well to come back into this game.
    How so? Considering he was coming off another player to make it. Two on one he made enough of an effort to stop him. Still amazed that was given

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Heroic effort by Dave but that's a try

Heroic? Are you joking? I like DK but that was a very poor tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Very enjoyable game
    Good reffing display
    In the Irish battles: LF > AT, CG >> DK, JS = PJ

For Ulster, I've been very impressed with Jackson and Marshall, also Henderson and Reidy
    For Leinster, Reddan at times, Fitzgerald, and Nacewa winding back the years. Sexton's kicking out of hand very good.

First try after half-time important.

Pro 12 is SO much better at the business end of the season.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Very enjoyable game
    Good reffing display
    In the Irish battles: LF > AT, CG >> DK, JS = PJ

For Ulster, I've been very impressed with Jackson and Marshall, also Henderson and Reidy
    For Leinster, Reddan at times, Fitzgerald, and Nacewa winding back the years. Sexton's kicking out of hand very good.

First try after half-time important.

Pro 12 is SO much better at the business end of the season.

Really? Well taken try aside I think Gilroy has been quite poor.

Jackson's passing has been excellent but Sexton's kicking game is just on another level to his right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

You gotta wonder how good Fitz could've been if he didn't suffer half the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great intriguing match, enjoying it. Great start by Leinster but I think Ulster have been the better side just about. They seem to open Leinster up a lot easier

Have to say I really enjoyed Henderson taking Sexton for a walk. Were he in green I'd be spitting blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Score? On the road

13-11 Luhnster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

I was very critical of Pete Browne after first few months but the guy has really impressed me. Hendo looking great, so hard to bring down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Collie D wrote: »
    Score? On the road

13-11 Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

How so? Considering he was coming off another player to make it. Two on one he made enough of an effort to stop him. Still amazed that was given

He came off the tackle completely imo. And there was no evidence his foot had hit the line from any angle. My guess would be that it did touch it at one point but no camera angle showed it so benefit clearly goes to the attacker.

Stephen Ferris
    Korat wrote: »
    Leinster expended a lot of energy in the first twenty minutes I hope they haven't blown themselves out.

Cracking game, the second half will be tight.

I've always been skeptical of this kind of commentary. Did Leinster really expend a lot of energy in the first quarter? Or is it just a way of expressing how the scoring went? Surely defending is just as tiring.

Eulogising of Ian Henderson on BBC Norn Iron

rsh118 wrote: »
    Have to say I really enjoyed Henderson taking Sexton for a walk. Were he in green I'd be spitting blood.

Thought Straus was very poor there, he backed off too far and didn't support sexton. sexton too high again though.

He came off the tackle completely imo. And there was no evidence his foot had hit the line from any angle. My guess would be that it did touch it at one point but no camera angle showed it so benefit clearly goes to the attacker.

It was effectively a two on one and he still put a good attempt in. Gilroy did very well to stand up and you would pretty much want your wingers to be scoring in that situation. For what it's worth and I'll watch it back tmw I thought the angle from behind the goal line does show it.

Ringrose's tackle was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Really enjoying this game. Quality attacking from both sides with the odd error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Sexton's down injured and Reddan takes it quickly kicking it in field. Can't buy that experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭A-Train

What was Reddan thinking there!

Advertisement