Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edision OS Mini Combo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

swoofer wrote: »
    Can someone say if the have a recent version of Vix working ok, say version number, a friend has ver 3.2 and its causing a few problems eg an error when trying to download plugins.

That image is ancient. needs to update to the latest version. The Plugin downloads will work then . I have 4.2.026 working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

save any important info first and reflash box with latest image with no setting restore and setup from scratch.things were changed a while ago and online update had issues.
    vix do like changing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Have one of theses boxes for a couple of months now and am really happy with it.
    Thinking about getting a second one and was wondering about copying the settings, images, etc from the original (all setup as I want) to the second one.
    How do I do this? Is it a backup image or setup file etc that I have to copy?
    Any info would be great.

i never copy stuff as it could be incompatible with new box,if buying a new box say from wos with openvix image that image and stuff on old box might not be compatible with newer drivers and other things.

greasepalm wrote: »
    i never copy stuff as it could be incompatible with new box,if buying a new box say from wos with openvix image that image and stuff on old box might not be compatible with newer drivers and other things.

I was going to buy the same box from the same seller.
    Is it a backup image I save and then copy to the new box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

is usb hard drive work ok with this lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

what image raddo? and yes you can make a backup to usb stick and the flash that to new box. You need to create a text file in the usb first, its called backupstick.txt or similar, use notepad. and you need plugin backup suite, you should make a back up anyway in case your box goes wonky.

swoofer wrote:
    what image raddo? and yes you can make a backup to usb stick and the flash that to new box. You need to create a text file in the usb first, its called backupstick.txt or similar, use notepad. and you need plugin backup suite, you should make a back up anyway in case your box goes wonky.

I'm using openvix. Any guides around?

to do a backup to usb is not covered but it is very easy. I have vix as well.

1. go to plugins, its menu plugins, 2 see if you have backup suite as a plugin, if not press green, that downloads all the pugins, 3, check under extensions or sytempluigins, as I have dwonloaded it it wont show up.

4. click on back up suite and follow the colour buttons, NB you must have that text file on usb stick.

footie now but i will look in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hi. I am not able to record anymore on my box. I keep getting the following error when i try to record.
    Write error while recording. Disk full?
    I have the box about six months and it was recording fine until recently.
    I have checked my pvr and it is empty so there should be space. Anybody know how to fix this problem? By the way it's an edision mini box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Pighead wrote: »
    Hi. I am not able to record anymore on my box. I keep getting the following error when i try to record.
    Write error while recording. Disk full?
    I have the box about six months and it was recording fine until recently.
    I have checked my pvr and it is empty so there should be space. Anybody know how to fix this problem? By the way it's an edision mini box.

Might seem silly, but have you cleared the trash/deleted items? I only saw it on mine last week, you have to delete twice(apologies if you have done this already,)

Might seem silly, but have you cleared the trash/deleted items? I only saw it on mine last week, you have to delete twice(apologies if you have done this already,)
    That was the problem! I'd only deleted them once. Thanks a million. Much appreciated!

That was the problem! I'd only deleted them once. Thanks a million. Much appreciated!

Yea, strange set up that, only noticed it by chance last week myself. Glad to be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

There is normally a setting (under recordings I think) that sets the time limit before automatically emptying the trash can. It might be set to 0 meaning never. I have mine set at 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,561 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Just wondering is anyone else having an issue viewing the titles of recorded programs in the PVR menu running OpenVix 4.2.030 and the blue HD skin.When I go to view recordings they are bunched up together. All other pages display fine.

if you go to channel selection settings and look for number of rows, mine is at 16 so try that.

swoofer wrote: »
    if you go to channel selection settings and look for number of rows, mine is at 16 so try that.

Thanks but was already set to 16 rows. Tried different rows but made no difference. The EPG etc. display fine just in the PVR half of the text is cutoff.

I was able to workaround the issue by selecting "Use Slim Screen" in the movie list setup (To access press PVR -> Menu and then select settings). It displays the recordings on the left hand side of the screen and they display properly just in case anyone else has this issue. I tried different skins but the problem carried over so was not skin related.

john4321 wrote: »
    I was able to workaround the issue by selecting "Use Slim Screen" in the movie list setup (To access press PVR -> Menu and then select settings). It displays the recordings on the left hand side of the screen and they display properly just in case anyone else has this issue. I tried different skins but the problem carried over so was not skin related.
    Go into the settings as above.
    In this movie list setup, reduce the number of rows and they should separate out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Drop Kick 4 Distance

Hi

I got one of these today and when I pressed the Menu button, I am asked to enter a pin code.

I did not set a Pin Code and "0000" is incorrect.

Only 2 tries left......any ideas what the problem might be ?

• Advertisement

Where ya buy from
    Ask the seller or did u put image on.
    Hi

I got one of these today and when I pressed the Menu button, I am asked to enter a pin code.

I did not set a Pin Code and "0000" is incorrect.

Only 2 tries left......any ideas what the problem might be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Hi Guys....Any idea how to watch all the HD channels? I can watch some but not all...thanks.

Not all HD channels are free. Here is a list of free HD channels currently available on 28E

• Registered Users Posts: 35 adrianegan3

Hi just got my box is possible to get more sport , movie channels etc .
    If so how can I set this up

with the loss of many channels on these boxes only way might be motorised sat dish or adding iptv which is an internet service.

greasepalm wrote: »
    with the loss of many channels on these boxes only way might be motorised sat dish or adding iptv which is an internet service.
    Why do people always suggest motorised dishes. IMO a motorised dish is only good for a hobbyist as it restricts you to one satellite at a time. A multi-LNB dish will allow you to watch/record several different satellites at once and will be cheaper/simpler to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 adrianegan3

Hi just have a regular sky dish can anyone recommend a guide for setting up box to get most from it . Total newbie

Hi just have a regular sky dish can anyone recommend a guide for setting up box to get most from it . Total newbie
    This site has some videos showing setup

I'm having problems with my box since yesterday. The screen is stuck on the OPEN ATV logo. When I press TV (or any of the buttons on the remote actually) nothing happens. I've tried plugging the box out and back in again but the screen just seems to be stuck on OPEN ATV. Anybody know what is wrong with the box? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Have u made a back up of your image.
    You prob need to reflash a new image and set up the box again.
    I'm having problems with my box since yesterday. The screen is stuck on the OPEN ATV logo. When I press TV (or any of the buttons on the remote actually) nothing happens. I've tried plugging the box out and back in again but the screen just seems to be stuck on OPEN ATV. Anybody know what is wrong with the box? Thanks!

Advertisement