Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edision OS Mini Combo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Picture of the screen I'm seeing for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Picture of the screen I'm seeing for a few seconds.

U should get free to air channels anyway regardless of your Internet working or not.
    Was it working before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

hard to know if you tried other buttons on remote like top or bottom of ok to see if it brings up channels or box is stuck on that screen,not on openvix was it?

ok reread again screen goes blank so to me use remote and see if menu comes up,network test or restart cam ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

greasepalm wrote: »
    hard to know if you tried other buttons on remote like top or bottom of ok to see if it brings up channels or box is stuck on that screen,not on openvix was it?

ok reread again screen goes blank so to me use remote and see if menu comes up,network test or restart cam ?

The problem is that the display on the box itself goes completely blank after 6 or 7 seconds then nothing else happens.

At boot stage Ive tried pressing & holding the OK button, the stb button, red button, blue button etc ans still nothing happens.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

The problem is that the display on the box itself goes completely blank after 6 or 7 seconds then nothing else happens.

At boot stage Ive tried pressing & holding the OK button, the stb button, red button, blue button etc ans still nothing happens.

:/

If the remote is not responding when you press the up or menu button, then you will have to re-image the box.

Bear in mind that you will lose any config files when you do this.

But it will get the box back working.

Download the latestimage for the os mini

Unzip the folder to the root of a usb stick. Put it in the box, turn the box off at the rocker switch or esb socket. Now turn it back on. When its booting up it should tell you that a new image has been found press ok on the remote or on the front of the box and let it do its thing.

When its finished it will reboot and you can then config the box again from scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Bought this box last week and am really happy with it.
    I would recommend it, bit of tinkering to set it up to my liking but after that it's plain sailing.

going that extra bit and getting a good enigma2 receiver and it just works,they need a say 8gb kingston usb setup in rear for storing epg to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

going that extra bit and getting a good enigma2 receiver and it just works,they need a say 8gb kingston usb setup in rear for storing epg to.

Got de box working over the weekend, first impressions very good.

Question on the hdd etc. I only had a small USB which is OK for epg etc. Will the epg and recording work to the same hard drive? Is there a limit to the size?

think you could have a 4tb hdd setup for loads of recordings and epg and if you had kodidirect and working downloading a number of things off the internet.

think you could have a 4tb hdd setup for loads of recordings and epg and if you had kodidirect and working downloading a number of things off the internet.
    Thanks.
    Will the USB power drive the drive properly, or is it better as a powered drive?

• Advertisement

go for externally powered so no stress on usb ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I got this from FreeTv and can't seem to get it to upgrade... anyone have any similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Sleepy wrote: »
    I got this from FreeTv and can't seem to get it to upgrade... anyone have any similar experiences?

what are u trying to upgrade exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I have one of these boxes, someone mentioned kodi, can that be put on this box? I thought it was just a satellite receiver.

kodidirect is not the full package like kodi is but can be downloaded from the plugins feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

what is the name of image in box? from free tv. Performing an online upgrade is not a good idea.

swoofer wrote: »
    what is the name of image in box? from free tv. Performing an online upgrade is not a good idea.

Hi. I'm no expert on this, but I'm not familiar with what you are trying to upgrade. I bought a unit from free TV last week, and for some reason it wouldn't work, it remained in BOOT until I loaded a new version of VIX image onto it. Google will guide you on how to do it if you need to, basically a matter of putting it on a USB and starting the box. Again I'm new to this, so find out for yourself how to do it, but I found it straightforward enough

Just tipping about with the box there....

There are plug in available for on demand (RTE player, 3 player) . I can download them but they won't play, box crashes. Similar with a kodi/exodus add on. Had anyone got them working on the OS mini (vix image)

think i had rte player on another model with vix and also crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

Been using this box for 5 months now and all good, just wondering if there is a way of getting lptv? Also Kodidirect is very poor on it or am I doing something wrong?

• Advertisement

openvix users be wary of updating boxes as some are left in boot mode ,covering a number of different makes and models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

openvix users be wary of updating boxes as some are left in boot mode ,covering a number of different makes and models.

So you saying don't update software then?

OpenViX build 4.2.022 / 4.2.023 - Please read!
    All OpenViX users please beware of the following issues when updating from 4.2.021 or older.

THERE ARE TWO SEPARATE ISSUES.

1) Some receivers may not boot if you perform an online update if your current image is 4.2 021 or older. This is due to a busybox update in OE-Alliance core.

If you are already on 4.2 022, you should be fine perform an online update

To avoid a potentially non-booting receiver:
    Do not perform an online update,
    Create a settings backup,
    Use image manager to download the latest image
    Flash/install the latest image using Image Manager (not available for solo 4k/mutant hd51)
    Restore the settings/plugins afterwards

Here is a thread with a guide to flashing and restoring using Image Manager

http://***.world-of-satellite.com/sh...p-and-Restores

If you have already tried an online update and your receiver fails to boot
    Download the latest image from openvix.co.uk
    Flash/install the image using a USB flash drive.
    Perform a settings/plugins restore afterwards. (The failed update would have created a settings backup)

Flashing guides are here

http://***.openvix.co.uk/index.php/g...ashing-guides/

2) The following machines have failed to build due to small build issue, these machines will skip 4.2.022:
    Gigablue Quad, Quad+, Ultra UE, X1 & X3.
    Edision OSMini and OSMini+.
    Spycat.

with thanks to wos for the warning

Hi.
    Box running slow since yesterday, on and off I'm getting a spinning blue symbol in the corner, and very slow operation, other times running OK.

Running on openvix, with blue HD skin. No issue with cams or anything, been running for a month or so with no software updates.

Wondering do I need to reflash a new image to it, or what would ye advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Just having a peep around and came across the triple tuner version, i assume that could be used in the same capacity as say a H2.S or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Has anyone looked at / bought / considered the Edision OS Mega Combo? In the absence of a separate thread it seems appropriate to ask here.

Nearly double the cost of the OS mini... but a 1.6Ghz cpu, more RAM, H265 support, room for an internal 2.52 drive etc, triple tuner (and I suppose in theory quad tuner if you use the third hybrid tuner as sat and add a dvbt stick)

I've had an Amiko Alien 2 for 2.5 years now and it has been usable and flexible but very slow and a tad unstable so I will likely upgrade. First I was going for the OS mini with 2 sat tuners and an external DVBT stick but now maybe I'll splurge on the mega.

Just curious if anyone has any comments? It is very new so limited opinions around. Is it worth the extra? Also I note that the specs say a speed adjustable fan... so that worries me a little... I'd rather it not need a fan!

Ix.

Hi.
    Box running slow since yesterday, on and off I'm getting a spinning blue symbol in the corner, and very slow operation, other times running OK.

Running on openvix, with blue HD skin. No issue with cams or anything, been running for a month or so with no software updates.

Wondering do I need to reflash a new image to it, or what would ye advise?

are you storing epg on box and to where?

sometimes a reboot of box and router can clear bugs and have you tried that?

are you storing epg on box and to where?

sometimes a reboot of box and router can clear bugs and have you tried that?

Yea I had reset box/router to no avail.

I think epg was issue alright. It's on an external USB, not the box. I disabled all updating etc on the epg options and it's been fine all week. I'll just download the epg manually as required.

Thanks.

on your epg did you setup your usb first initialize and ext3-4 as will show mounted.
    these boxes are fussy in what usb they use and what provider you choose,i prefare opencross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

Can someone say if the have a recent version of Vix working ok, say version number, a friend has ver 3.2 and its causing a few problems eg an error when trying to download plugins.

Advertisement