Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38, the final surge!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    I havent checked my opponents, but I am currently in 21st. I cant imagine I'll be gaining a whole pile of ground with my 2 points auto-sub from townsend

Yeah that won't make it in unfortunately I doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Time to start collecting my prizes/cash. Should finish just inside top 100 overall.

2,450 cash, a 1,000 home cinema from DID, a 500 all for one voucher, a trip to a premiership game next season flights hotel and match tickets plus a premier league shirt of my choice which will have to be a Leicester one!

A very happy man tonight.

Congrats lad. That is a good season's work!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah that won't make it in unfortunately I doubt

I'll bring back the ballsdeep for top 10k again next year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Promoted to FSA Premier League as well, good end to the season with a season high OR of 61k or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It was worth waiting for 2 days and 93 minutes to see Smalling's 0 points.

Final kick in the balls at the end of a strange season.

It's over, finally.

Smalling show could cost me 50k finish :(

Was 48k before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Split money with the lad behind me in all my leagues because he had smalling left tonight and I was 4 clear...

Smalling. You cost me over 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Split money with the lad behind me in all my leagues because he had smalling left tonight and I was 4 clear...

Smalling. You cost me over 300.

Think you'll find you cost yourself over €300.... ;)

Boo to splitting pots.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

FHFC wrote: »
    Think you'll find you cost yourself over €300.... ;)

Boo to splitting pots.

Boo indeed! Was getting abusive texts off him too...right until smalling scored an OG...then radio silence. I felt I had to split. Same guy was in all four of my money leagues, the difference between 2nd place and 3rd was too much. Split seemed the fairest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

That Smalling OG secured 2nd, and an extra €100, in my ML and also saved me from my worst ever OR in 8 years playing.

Unlike most on here I don't have the consolation of a good end to the season. I was 32k in GW32 before it all went tits up with the WC, so tonight feels like a 'victory'!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Some of ye guys must be rolling in it with all this generous pot splitting ye're doing :pac:

• Advertisement

Some of ye guys must be rolling in it with all this generous pot splitting ye're doing :pac:

Recession is definitely over.

Look at how much money was frozen and think of all these payouts due this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Time to start collecting my prizes/cash. Should finish just inside top 100 overall.

2,450 cash, a 1,000 home cinema from DID, a 500 all for one voucher, a trip to a premiership game next season flights hotel and match tickets plus a premier league shirt of my choice which will have to be a Leicester one!

Furk, I was first in a load of leagues giving out prizes before my WC fiasco, another 50 points or so would have seen me win a few of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

half looking forward to next season already,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That's all well and good but did you Triple Captain PVA in DGW37? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's all well and good but did you Triple Captain PVA in DGW37? :pac:

Prodston. 1
    mcgettigan16. 0

:)

wonski wrote: »
    It was worth waiting for 2 days and 93 minutes to see Smalling's 0 points.

Final kick in the balls at the end of a strange season.

It's over, finally.

Smalling show could cost me 50k finish :(

Was 48k before that.

58k finish.

Given where I was just few weeks away I call it a success :)

Even if Smaling had a clean sheet I would fall out of top 50k anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Final position 6760. Disappointed not to make the top 5k but, considering I've barely watched a live game all season and regularly missed Match of the Day, I'll take it.

My last six seasons

2010/11 12638
    2011/12 324
    2012/13 7856
    2013/14 1557
    2014/15 16299
    2015/16 6760

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Finished 6191, I was in top 5k before last night & had an outside chance of staying there but even without smallings o.g. I probably would have fell short as he was my only player.
    Def feel for anyone who it cost money to. What a gutting way for it to happen.

56k, that is by far the worst I've done since I started taking the game seriously. Profitable again but way down on my profits I made in seasons where I finished in the top 15k naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Smalling og denying me my first top 10k finish
    A weird season and I'm glad it's over
    See ye in July !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Finished on 102 would have been nice to break top 100 but that will do. Looking forward to some stress free Friday nights now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Finished on 102 would have been nice to break top 100 but that will do. Looking forward to some stress free Friday nights now

Well done.

Did you have Smalling?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

48k in the end, 4 points shy of the work league thanks to that own goal. Still happy with my placing though, destroyed my friends league by 100 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

80k finish

Was hoping to do better but I have a sneaking suspicion that the 68 tranfers I made might have cost me a few points :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Finished 4068. That's 6 top 12k finishes in the 7 years I've played the game. I've yet to finish in the top 1k which is frustrating. I won 1100 in prize money and the prestigious fsa premier league so all in all a good year. Like lemlin I didn't get to see much live football this season which I think is important when assessing players.I'm not really one for stats.
    Delighted it's over I'm looking forward to getting to know my family again.

For parts of this season, not watching football might have been an advantage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Finished up on 3,663 OR
    After a very poor first half to the season (136k at Christmas) this is a solid back up to last year's top 1k finish.
    It will plague me for the rest of my days that I somehow managed to deactivate the TC chip on GW 37. That has ultimately cost me 18 points and a fair few Euro :( but overall I have to be happy with the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Fair play, that's a great achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

66 (-4)

16,647 my final rank. In GW31 I was at 306k. A final Quarter 4 rank of 455. 2240 points!

I've spent 5 weeks inside 100k and 6 weeks outside 1.2m so I'm chuffed to bits that I've managed to pull off a minor miracle. Yet once again my inability to steady the ship midseason ultimately has been my downfall.

I'll document my season more in the season review thread. What an end to the season though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I finish at 12k.
    That Smalling OG cost me finishing in the top 10k.

Anyway, roll on the Euros!

Advertisement