Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 38, the final surge!

Options
  • 15-05-2016 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Best of luck to all of ye jostling for position in prize leagues!

Will probably go with Sanchez as captain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Darlow
    Bellerin Simpson Cresswell
    Sanchez Tadic Hazard Mahrez
    Aguero (c) Carroll Giroud

Did Defoe out for Giroud yesterday. I had to transfer Payet for Tadic for -4 when I heard the news as I would be left with 10 players. I'm currently ranked just outside the top 10k. If I do end up making it there I'll consider this to be my finest season as I couldn't have possibly thought I'd make the top 10k 3 months ago when I was ranked 168k.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mannone
    PVA Bellerin Smalling
    Ozil KDB Iwobi Barkley
    Lukaku Aguero(C) Kane

Hoping for a final week surge to break in to the top 500k :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

DDG
    Smalling Bellerin Cresswell
    Sanchez Townsend Payet Hazard Mane
    Deeney(c) Ighalo
    (Carroll PVA Fuchs)

I'm at around 15k so it'll be difficult to break into the top 10k.
    Will need Arsenal and City to stay queit and Watford to score a few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Captain Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

Any chance we get the team lineups before 2pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

DDG

Morgan Valencia Gabriel

Lanzini Spacecraft Hazard Sanchez (C)

Carroll Giroud Aguero

Subs: Darlow Payet PVA Evans

Not great on paper, no subs....did not envisage having a double donkey attack for the last GW but Payet's injury means Big Andy stays and Giroud will surely grab a couple.

Have a 16 point lead (thank you PVA) in my crappy work league. Main rival has made one transfer this GW which I suspect is Carroll to Giroud. He has Payet and Milner so will just about field a 4-3-3 with double Arsenal and United defence.

Anything from Spacecraft or Hazard should see me over the line hopefully.

Anyway good luck to all, especially ElTel and co near the top of OR

Edit: gonna be off WiFi for the next few hours...have popped Payet back into starting XI just in case...big Andy first sub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Hart,
    VVD, Bellerin, Smalling,
    Hazard, Payet, Tadic, Sanchez (c)
    Defoe, Giroud, Aguero.

Subs: Lanzini, Simpson, PvA.

Obviously Lanzini and Simpson are likely to play, which isn't ideal but isn't too bad either!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Last week. Did someone to Sanchez, and took a four point hit transferring Lukaku to someone else. But Captaincy on Sanchez, not looked at it since Thursday. Dont think will look at it again till this evening, been a horrid season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It's the first final day in a few years where I can sit back and enjoy it.

It'd be nice to push into the top 5k from where I lie at 5297 but I've unassailable leads in my money leagues and that's what counts.

Final team on AOA is:

Cech
    Gabriel, Simpson
    Payet, Tadic, Mahrez, KDB, Sanchez (c)
    Aguero, Carroll, Martial

Robles, Cresswell, Ward, PVA

-4 taken to get Aguero and Tadic in for Alli and Studge.

I also expect Busts to deservedly take the FSA Premier League after leading it for most of the season. There's no shame in finishing second to him. Top notch player and forum contributor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anybody got clean sheet odd handy?

How do Southampton look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    Anybody got clean sheet odd handy?

How do Southampton look?

They're 11/10 on with PP. United only evens surprisingly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lemlin wrote: »

It'd be nice to push into the top 5k from where I lie at 5297 but I've unassailable leads in my money leagues and that's what counts.

Final team on AOA is:

Cech
    Gabriel, Simpson
    Aguero, Carroll, Martial

I also expect Busts to deservedly take the FSA Premier League after leading it for most of the season. There's no shame in finishing second to him. Top notch player and forum contributor.

I'm on AOA also. One thing that has me stumped though is Payet.
    On AOA, if be doesn't play nobody is automatically subbed in.
    Can't decide should I not play AOA, stick Payet into the starting 11 and if he doesn't play, a sub will be automatically put in.
    Arrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »

Final team on AOA is:

Cech
    Gabriel, Simpson
    Aguero, Carroll, Martial

It's far from over I have a tough game this week. Would be great to win but if I don't it would be nice to see you win it. A true veteran of the game.
    Cech in for henessey for me
    Cech
    Kone pva cresswell
    Payet Sanchez Ozil townsend mahrez
    Aguero lukaku
    Carroll Morgan Daniels
    Sanchez captain
    A few pay leagues in the bag the big one for 900 is going down to the wire I'm 8 pts clear.
    Off to a christening as the godfather so gonna miss most of the action. Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

getting tempted more and more by payet to ozil.......it feels like an "ozil" game......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Darlow
    Bellerin - Gabriel - Smalling
    Spacecraft - Sanchez (c) - Mane - Mirallas
    Aguero - Carroll - Rashford

Robles: Payet - PVA - Cresswell

Whatever the hell happens today I've managed to reach 26k after a hellish season so whatever happens now, happens.

Having PVA, Spacecraft and Aguero lead the march to respectability over the past month means a lot. One last roll of the dice with Mirallas today but I don't expect much.

As always even through the crushing pain it's been a pleasure to trudge along with all of ye. Here's to a successful afternoon for all of us, or as many people who have my players at least :pac:

We are the FSA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Panthro wrote: »
    I'm on AOA also. One thing that has me stumped though is Payet.
    On AOA, if be doesn't play nobody is automatically subbed in.
    Can't decide should I not play AOA, stick Payet into the starting 11 and if he doesn't play, a sub will be automatically put in.
    Arrgh!
    Eh?

Surely if you play AOA and Payet doesn't play, a defender will come in and you'll go to 3-4-3?

Degag wrote: »
    Eh?

Surely if you play AOA and Payet doesn't play, a defender will come in and you'll go to 3-4-3?

Up in the rules:
    The chip is still played. If you use your All Out Attack chip to select a 2-5-3 formation and a midfielder or forward doesn't play then the bonus is lost, the chip isn't returned.

I'd take that to mean if a mid or a forward doesn't play it's tough tiddies.
    (Would love to be corrected as it's a mind fcuk otherwise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Panthro wrote: »
    Up in the rules:
    The chip is still played. If you use your All Out Attack chip to select a 2-5-3 formation and a midfielder or forward doesn't play then the bonus is lost, the chip isn't returned.

I'd take that to mean if a mid or a forward doesn't play it's tough tiddies.
    (Would love to be corrected!)

Your defender will sub in.

Happened me when I used it a while ago. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    getting tempted more and more by payet to ozil.......it feels like an "ozil" game......

Ah but in the background, you hear Mata jumping up and shouting "pick me"

:-)

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Your defender will sub in.

Happened me when I used it a while ago. Don't worry.

Yeah?
    Thanks be to God!
    Crisis averted!

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Ah but in the background, you hear Mata jumping up and shouting "pick me"

:-)

Must
    Be
    Sensible
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They're 11/10 on with PP. United only evens surprisingly enough.

Cheers! This is a terrific bet, Bournemouth are on the beach already and United have only conceded 8 (yes 8!) goals at home this season by far the best in the league :eek:

And to make it even better, United are now 6/5 for the clean sheet and a €20 bet on it gives you 2x free €5 bets in play on the same game. Thanks for the tip!

This was also my transfer this week - de Gea in for Mignolet as the latter shouldn't play and I like the clean sheet potential. In fairness a goalkeeper transfer is a waste most weeks but I don't like having only 10 playing and I'm happy with outfield options.

I line up: De Gea, Bellerin, Gabriel, Baines, KdB, Sanchez, Hazard, Lanzini, Tadic, Long, Aguero

8-10 wrote: »
    Cheers! This is a terrific bet, Bournemouth are on the beach already and United have only conceded 8 (yes 8!) goals at home this season by far the best in the league :eek:

And to make it even better, United are now 6/5 for the clean sheet and a €20 bet on it gives you 2x free €5 bets in play on the same game. Thanks for the tip!

This was also my transfer this week - de Gea in for Mignolet as the latter shouldn't play and I like the clean sheet potential. In fairness a goalkeeper transfer is a waste most weeks but I don't like having only 10 playing and I'm happy with outfield options.

I line up: De Gea, Bellerin, Gabriel, Baines, KdB, Sanchez, Hazard, Lanzini, Tadic, Long, Aguero
    So Mata is nailed for at least 3 so :D
    May double Valencia with smalling yet

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

Gone Lanzini to Tadic with my FT, Giroud needed a hit which I don't want to take

Team lines up as

Mannone
    Bellerin Smalling Simpson
    Payet Spacecraft Mahrez Sanchez Tadic
    Kun(tc) Kane

Robles Carroll Fosu Evans

Be glad when this gw is over, been a terrible season. Good luck all..until August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Transfers done. (-4) but as has been pointed out its only really a -2 at most
    Anyway, this is how I line up

DDG
    Smalling - Bellerin - Cresswell
    Tadic - Mané - Sanchez(c) - Mahrez -
    Martial - Aguero - Carroll

Mig - Payet - Simpson - PVA

On the edge of top 50k so hopefully finish on the right side of 50k. Bit risky doubling up on saints but getting Tadic and mane solves the dilemma of which one, and outside of an arsenal mid I can't see a lot of options. A big Sanchez haul and a UTD cleanie would set me up nicely. Anyway, for the last time this year, best of luck and I hope it's a good one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Any word about a liverpool team sheet leak? Has there been word of major rotation again?

I'd like Mignolet and Sturridge to play if possible. :(

Have Robles as my sub GK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Chris Young ‏@YoungSunEcho 14m14 minutes ago
    Allardyce confirming Greenwood and Tommy Robson will make Sunderland debuts today. Excellent chance for them #safc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tommy Robson will be starting at LB for Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Schmeichel
    Smalling, Bellerin, Cresswell
    Hazard, Sanchez, Tadic, Spacecraft
    Kane, Long, Aguero

Decided to go for Long & Tadic in, hopefully Southampton steamroll Palace today. Not sure who I'm using my TC on yet, Tadic is tempting me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Big Sam preparing for the final game of season by slouching on the couch on Goals on Sunday. The chap couldn't care less about this game. Watford could run riot :)

Advertisement