Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Bad Man Tipster

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

poa wrote: »
    I prefer Betfair to Matchbook as they have more liquidity in the markets I focus on; tennis, boxing, politics, boxing.

I prefer 365 to paddy but if matchbook are better than both then that's where I place my bet, even more so if it were close to your stakes
    you can get over 1k on fury with mb as it stands and there's often more liquidity there with boxing and mma
    for a semi serious gambler it seems quite bizarre to me that you don't really shop around and are taking worse odds with bookies you prefer

anyway...we are going round in circles here
    best of luck with your bets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

mailburner wrote: »
    I prefer 365 to paddy but if matchbook are better than both then that's where I place my bet, even more so if it were close to your stakes
    you can get over 1k on fury with mb as it stands and there's often more liquidity there with boxing and mma
    for a semi serious gambler it seems quite bizarre to me that you don't really shop around and are taking worse odds with bookies you prefer

anyway...we are going round in circles here
    best of luck with your bets

To be honest with you there is another reason why I like PP over say Matchbook.
    I use the PP cash card to top op in the bookies, then bet online at better odds.
    Then use my PP Mastercard to withdraw or spend the winnings.
    The deposits and withdrawals aren't going through my bank account then you see.
    I prefer to keep my gambling off my bank statements you see.
    I have an account I use for Paypal only, and Betfair exchange only; but that is not connected to my current account you see; different banks.
    So you see I prefer to deposit in cash, bet online, withdraw in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

The deposits and withdrawals aren't going through my bank account then you see.

mortgage or wife? :pac:

I use paypal for all accounts when possible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

mailburner wrote: »
    mortgage or wife? :pac:

I use paypal for all accounts when possible

To be honest with you, when I retired last year at 38 I bought my apartment in cash with no mortgage. I had to lodge the funds into a solicitors account as buying property with gambling funds isn't easy to explain where the funds came from.
    I don't have a wife, it's more a case of keeping things low-key for the Revenue.
    I prefer to keep a clean bank account, and just use another one for my 3-4 bets per year, so all looks well.
    The PP cash card and PP Mastercard are handy as its all cash in/out. But how long before I am limited to nothing with them I don't know.
    2K level bets doesn't seem to flag their system online. I can never see more than 4K available on anything like Clinton with them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,009 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Read my posts again.
    I was part of a syndicate, we pooled our funds together up to 7 figures.
    I read your post, that's not what you said.
    I was part of a syndicate. The number depended on the market, but we would all contribute up to 7 figures.
    You also said that you were about to pull the trigger on a 7 figure bet, but a pro you know said not to. That suggests it was a solo bet.
    Yes I had 5 on DiCaprio at short odds. I considered him a dead cert, and that is my modus operandi usually. Short odds, favourite, low risk, heavy backing.
    I also backed him, and considered him a cert.
    5 figures is ambiguous. How much did you back and win?

It may interest you that there are Betfair syndicates currently operating with many members backing and laying together. I know of one on Bremain which I was invited to join but declined as I already have a bet on it.
    But its useful to have contacts, as some of the insider knowledge can be of use.
    Whats the point of joining a pro-Bremain syndicate when you could place your own bets with BF?
    I understand if its for a series of bets, to benefit from all the knowledge. But there's no benefit when the pick is always decided.

Gambling winnings are tax free. There's no need to try and hid it from the revenue. If you paid a mortgage outright, there's no reason to try hid the transactions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I bought my apartment in cash with no mortgage. I had to lodge the funds into a solicitors account as buying property with gambling funds isn't easy to explain where the funds came from.

This makes no sense, you'd potentially be flagged with criminal assets if you couldn't disclose where the money came from. Gambling is no illegal, the main reason people hide gambling from the banks is mortgage applications. You bought your apartment outright with legitimate funds, you've nothing to hide.

I know a few lads how back like yourself but I don't know why you need to hide the source of your funds especially now your retired. I think Bremain is a good bet but anything with a couple of % points in it is far from a sure thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,009 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paddypower will give me 1K at 1.9 so I took it.
    You've already placed a 1k @ 1.9 bet with PP? And you are placing another 1K after the Bremain wins (I think it will too btw). Or is it 1k total.

If you've alredy place it,, no harm 1.9 is a good price. But I think the odds might creep up before the fight. Better than 1.9 is availible now in shops and online with a few bookies, I'd expect 1.95 or 2.0 to open up (2.25 with BWin)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

You expect a certain amount of bluster on a gambling forum but "7 figure sums" might be the worst ive ever seen. Even if it was true(which is 1.01 against) its still pretty sad that it needs mentioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The guy is massively full of sh1t.

Profile of the Sociopath
    Glibness and Superficial Charm.
    Manipulative and Conning.
    Grandiose Sense of Self.
    Pathological Lying.
    Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt.
    Need for Stimulation.
    More items...

To be honest with you, when I retired last year at 38 I bought my apartment in cash with no mortgage. I had to lodge the funds into a solicitors account as buying property with gambling funds isn't easy to explain where the funds came from.
    I worked hard for 20 years and saved.
    I bought my apartment with my savings, so no mortgage required.

Erm...umm...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    MOD

Back on topic, please (if there ever was one)
    And drop the handbagging.
    Next will be closing this thread and sent you all outside to play

MOD

And...closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement