Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

To change or not to change...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Digging this up one last time.

They have asked that I pay by bank draft. I've never paid like this before.

Thing is, i'm picking the car up on Saturday, can i drive away that same day having paid by bank draft or does it have to "clear" like a cheque etc?

How do they know it's legit immediately?

Also i'm not in a position to get to my local bank that my accounts are with, will any bank under the same name give me a draft?

That might be a naieve question but every day is a school day :)

You should be able to go to a different branch of the same bank. Have you account number to hand to speed it up. Bring the receipt or a copy of same with you but afaik they are within there rights to wait for it to clear. I was paid for a car by draft a few years ago and it took about 3 working days to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I was also paind by draft from my last car I sold and as far as I remember it took a few days to clear.
    Garages can only accept X amount of cash, I had to pay some casg and some draft for the Passat because of this.
    I would ring first to verisy that you can drive the car home on payment day.
    If not then Look again for something different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Nidge Murphy

Look again vectra really? The op is very happy with the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Look again vectra really? The op is very happy with the purchase.

Maybe so
    He may not be too hapy handing over a draft for the car he needs there and then to be told collect it next week when the draft clears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Nidge Murphy

you're right sorry vectra, the op should be asking the garage instead of asking here. I agree with you on draft terms. The op needs to contact the garage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement