Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free tea and coffee

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I worked on a golf course as a summer course worker. We'd get tea, milk and sugar from the bar every day until the manager gave us a bollocking for it, saying we should buy our own. We did for about a week, until the owner of the whole place found out and told the bar staff to ignore the manager and deliver us the milk and sugar every day.

My sister worked in a place with a generous supply of biscuits, pastries, cake, and chocolate. The thing was the next week's quality of biscuits and chocolate was entirely dependent on whether or not they got their timesheets in on time on the Friday afternoon. They were never left without, but if they got their papers into HR by 3pm on a Friday, HR would ensure there was a nicer quality of nice thing in the cupboard on Monday morning. By god did they all get their timesheets in on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Had a part time jobbie while in school where I was responsible for meeting rooms etc, catering was usually over-provisioned by 100% or more. I waddled home many a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

We have free tea/coffee at work. There are a few barista counters with "fancy" coffee that you have to pay for. The amount some people spend on those coffees are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Lia_lia wrote: »
    We have free tea/coffee at work. There are a few barista counters with "fancy" coffee that you have to pay for. The amount some people spend on those coffees are ridiculous.

Agree on this. We have both free (machine) and paid for, although subsidized (barista Costa) coffee.

Some people go for the large size and have multiple coffees per day. I know its not as expensive as Costa in town but its still going to be a lot over the course of a week/month/year.

I try to only buy maybe one a week otherwise I might get out of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Worked 37 years and never had free tea or coffee, except for two years in Africa where you were served tea first thing in the morning and a few times during the day. That was a relic of the old days when the roads were dirt roads and you needed the tea to clear your throat when you arrived in work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Never worked in a job with free tea or coffee. Surprised so many people get it free. It's a nice gesture I suppose.

Advertisement