Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Superheroes vs Supervillains Tournament!

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Batman

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Superman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Superman.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Superman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Superman takes this 8 times out of 10 so going with the odds and saying Superman

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The dust settles...

...the smoke clears...

...and out of a tournament that featured 64 superheroes and supervillains jostling for supremacy, which came down to a battle with the two most iconic superheroes around, we have our grand champion...

And it is...

Batman!

250px-Comic_Art_-_Batman_by_Jim_Lee_%282002%29.png

With a final scoreline of 9-6, it is the Dark Knight that proves to be Superman's Kryptonite once again, and he is truly the undisputed champion as far as Boardsies are concerned. In truth, it was never in doubt.

If it had finished a tie my vote would have come in to play, and that would have been a very difficult one for me as these two heroes, along with Spidey, were my main favourites as a kid. I think by a whisker I would have went with Superman, mainly because I adored Christopher Reeve's portrayal in the films; but clearly Batman is the preferred choice of most.

That then brings us to the end of this tournament. Thank you once again to everyone for taking part. I enjoyed watching it all unfold.

What's next?

I feel like we've gotten a lot of mileage out of these characters at this point, so I was thinking that next we turn our attention to the big screen: what is the forum's view on the best superhero movie? I noticed there was a thread on this started by Lithium93 which generated a lot of discussion and answers, and I've managed to cobble together a list of over 64 superhero films, with help from IGN and Wiki.

Were Christopher Nolan or Tim Burton's Batman films better? Have Marvel's quality films of modern times beaten out the old DC classics? Was Alan Moore harsh on the Watchmen movie? Are there any fans of Halle Berry's Catwoman?

All these questions and more may be answered during the Best Superhero Movie tournament which I hope to launch this Sunday, 22nd May, 2016. Hope to see you there for that.

And so with that, Batman swoops off into the night having proven himself, once again, to be this forum's number one. Congratulations, Bruce!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great job Mr.Nice Guy well done and thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement