Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Southampton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

saints down to 10 we need to find the space asap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs of old here. Ragged. Badly missing Dembele and Alli.

danny fukking rose giving the ball away when last man we should be 3 down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is awful to watch. It really is same old Spurs. No one has done anything, and there is no creativity whatsoever.

I'll be absolutely disgusted if we throw away 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Great season. Possibly no harm seeing so blatantly where our vulnerabilities are. We have one good starting eleven. Fingers crossed we finish ahead of the gooners.

• Advertisement

5 mins stoppage time to nick an undeserved point

70 % possesion overall

Can't watch this rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Flipping heck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

We didn't deserve anything today.

No movement up front and fell into the trap of hitting hopeful balls at them.

This will give Arsenal a boost at City today

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Come on City.

Getting paid around £50K a week at least only to turn up and do **** all. And they should know the fans are desperate to finish above Arsenal. Pr!cks.

ziedth wrote: »
    Come on City.

augrerooooooooooooooo 1!!!!!!!

city asleep arse instant equaliseer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Only caught up with the match. Ran out of ideas in the 2nd half. Never threatened Forster.

Walker finds himself in fantastic positions, right foot in terms of crossing, is weak. He was never gonna beat Bertrand.

Saints deserved the win. Been a fantastic season, hopefully one or two creative additions in the summer.

Just one of those days, can't píss and moan about the result.

A one Sharon.

Rose got caught in possession a few times and Mason gave the ball away a lot.

It reminded me of April/May last season were we got stuck in 3rd gear and just stumbled through what was left last season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

So it goes down to the final game then.. Avoid defeat at Newcastle and 2nd is ours.

Sounds easy. Just like beating Southampton at home does..

Only needing a draw is almost worse than needing a win. The lads might play for draw which is a dangerous game as we all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Three seasons in a row Pochs team has faded over the final 6 or so games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just back from the game,no doubt the Saints deserved their win,It was very disappointing to see us play so poorly,must get at least a point next week so we do things the hard way again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

why do we always make it so hard for ourselves ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

What's this Lallana stuff? Anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

What's this Lallana stuff? Anyone!

In fairness he was fantastic under Poch at Southampton. We'll need quality in rotation next season.

Though, I'd be happy to dismiss it as paper gossip.

What about the forgotten man at Southampton. .. Jay Rodriguez. He was immense the season before last then he got a bad injury.

Might not be the same player after the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Three seasons in a row Pochs team has faded over the final 6 or so games.

Last 6 games? I love the knee jerk reactions.

It was only 3 games ago that spurs were being lauded for having the bottle for a title fight and going the distance after wiping the floor with stoke.

The draw with wba took the wind out of the players sails and the title was done before the chelsea game. I would say they were mentally drained after that wba result and that has more to do with it than pochettinos training regimes/style of play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Last 6 games? I love the knee jerk reactions.

Not Knee jerk at all, actually a more long term observation of what I've seen happen to Poch managed teams. I think last season our results may have been slightly better but certainly a drop in the intensity levels.

Our last 10 premier league games: L,D,W,W,D,W,W,D,D,L. 16 points from a possible 30.
    The 10 games before that: W,D,L,W,W,W,W,W,W,W. 25 points from possible 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Not Knee jerk at all, actually a more long term observation of what I've seen happen to Poch managed teams. I think last season our results may have been slightly better but certainly a drop in the intensity levels.

Our last 10 premier league games: L,D,W,W,D,W,W,D,D,L. 16 points from a possible 30.

Pick the first seven fixtures from each of those lists and there is only 2 points difference.

Or how about take groups of 14 games instead of 10 and then itd be equal.....wat a useless 'stat'

My point was that after the soke game did you hear of one single person saying that spurs looked tired? And there was only four games to go after that game, not 6 like had previously been stated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

In fairness, the last 10 PL games were West Ham, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Liverpool, Man Utd, Stoke, WBA, Chelsea & Southampton.

The previous 10 were Southampton, Norwich (twice), Watford (twice), Everton, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Man City & Swansea.

The last 10 are significantly more difficult. You can't realistically expect to pick up 25 points from every run of 10 games. Any team doing that would finish up with almost 100 points.

Advertisement