Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A real case of PC gone mad

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Hundreds of people die every year in Irish hospitals that are left underinvested in by FF/FG/Lab to try to get people to go into private healthcare.
    But let's not discuss any of that.
    People die. Many die in hospitals. People will die despite medical intervention.
    Let's not discuss it because it doesn't make much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

melissak wrote: »
    I thought that was chuck norris

Some say there is no chuck Norris only Gerry Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭IsaacWunder

Gerry Adams is a lot of things. Stupid isn't one of them. There's no way that he didn't realise that by tweeting the n-word there'd be a storm. The fact is the man thrives off the publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Himself and McGregor should get together. Kings of dumbass tweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Gerry Adams is suspected of being a high ranking member of an organization that murdered countless people.
    He has insane left wing Marxist views.
    He admits he likes to jump naked on a trampoline with his poor dog.
    Many suspect him of really being a planted British agent.

All of the above and people still vote for him.

He types one word on social media and only then is there outrage.:rolleyes:

Take it you're not a Sinn Féin supporter? maybe you should write a few made up indo articles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Hundreds of people die every year in Irish hospitals that are left underinvested in by FF/FG/Lab to try to get people to go into private healthcare.

Meanwhile the same toerags milk the state with their grotesque salaries, perks and pensions.

And yet, Gerry and his party had a mandate from the people to go into government and try and effect change....and what did he do? Sweet fck all....as usual.
    He'd rather sit on the sidelines throwing verbal grenades than actually get off his hole and do something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

And yet, Gerry and his party had a mandate from the people to go into government and try and effect change....and what did he do? Sweet fck all....as usual.
    He'd rather sit on the sidelines throwing verbal grenades than actually get off his hole and do something

Lol. Verbal grenades and n-bombs but at least it's not the bad old days when the weaponry wasn't just verbal.

I seem to remember quite a bit of outrage over the Adam's and his IRA links but maybe I'm just being an SJW PC Brigadier.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,211 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All I've taken from this thread is OP thinks Jeffery Dahmer shouldn't have had to pay any outstanding parking tickets once he was convicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

degsie wrote: »
    My PC went mad recently, I just rebooted and it was grand.

*Tumbleweed floats by*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

Gerry Adams is a lot of things. Stupid isn't one of them. There's no way that he didn't realise that by tweeting the n-word there'd be a storm. The fact is the man thrives off the publicity.

Distracting us from something else methinks. Like him or not he is a very intelligent man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Zillah wrote: »
    It's PC gone mad, you're not even allowed say the n-word in public any more.

I have a Labrador Of Colour here. I call him the N word, after the famous hound of RAF Scampton. It's simply an older word for " Of Colour ". But, when I took N word to the vet's, to get his ears looked at, and she asked me his name? She gave me a Very Of Colour look when I said " N word. "

I was in the pub, last week. I said to the landlady; " If a Dog barks and shouts, deep in a wood, where there's no fcuker to hear him; Is he still a bad Dog? "

She gazed at me, seeming momentarily a tad perplexed. Then, I asked;

" If Gerry Adams utters the N word, when there's no fcuking N words paying attention to him; Does that make him a bad person? " And she was like; " :D " and nodding her happy head vigorously.

See; Philomena and I both grew up in a world long before PC's, or the concept of PC ever existed. We'll still call a spade a spade ~ unless he's six foot three. Twenty five stone of muscle and bone, and standing near us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,139 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Stigura wrote: »
    I have a Labrador Of Colour here. I call him the N word, after the famous hound of RAF Scampton. It's simply an older word for " Of Colour ". But, when I took N word to the vet's, to get his ears looked at, and she asked me his name? She gave me a Very Of Colour look when I said " N word. "

I was in the pub, last week. I said to the landlady; " If a Dog barks and shouts, deep in a wood, where there's no fcuker to hear him; Is he still a bad Dog? "

She gazed at me, seeming momentarily a tad perplexed. Then, I asked;

" If Gerry Adams utters the N word, when there's no fcuking N words paying attention to him; Does that make him a bad person? " And she was like; " :D " and nodding her happy head vigorously.

See; Philomena and I both grew up in a world long before PC's, or the concept of PC ever existed. We'll still call a spade a spade ~ unless he's six foot three. Twenty five stone of muscle and bone, and standing near us ;)

Gwan' - you were a dog in a past life. Karma is a witch.

Not your ornery onager

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭Joxer_Daly

Meanwhile the same toerags milk the state with their grotesque salaries, perks and pensions.

Any other politician in Ireland cover up rape, child abuse and order hits on single mothers?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Half Man Half Biscuit

Growing up in Cabra in the 60's we had a dog called "N****r and when he was called in for food we'd shout his name. No one batted an eyelid. I don't live in Cabra anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's not the point and you know it.
    For all this man is up to his neck in and people vote for him.
    One word and there is outrage.

What happened to the idea that killing people is a lot worse then calling somebody a name?

Eh, how you've come to this deduction I do not know!

More than likely the people that support Gerry wouldn't really care if he used the N word, they'll forgive him.

Those who don't like him probably won't.

I'd say he had a few whiskeys and got carried away, bit like in the US with the Rosa Parks comparisons.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Growing up in Cabra in the 60's we had a dog called "N****r and when he was called in for food we'd shout his name. No one batted an eyelid. I don't live in Cabra anymore.
    Did you ever find that Dukla Prague away kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What?

Are we supposed to be outraged about him jumping naked on a trampoline with his dog?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

People who support the movement (Sinn Fein/PIRA) will always support Adams no matter what he does or says. If hard evidence surface tomorrow morning, proving once and for all that Adams had indeed been in the Provisional IRA and that he had orchistrated numerous murders it would make no difference at all (to his standing or his popularity within the Republican fold)!
    He can say anythinhg he likes and his popularity will remain very high (within Republican circles).

What the rest of us think is another story . . . .
    I doubt any other politician could drop the N word and get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Gerry Adams is an android.

?!? he's a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

stmol32 wrote: »
    ?!? he's a phone?

If he was, surely he would be a Blackberry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

Yo (insert 6 letter n-word).

Whats happenin' my (insert 6 letter n-word).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

LordSutch wrote: »
    People who support the movement (Sinn Fein/PIRA) will always support Adams no matter what he does or says. If hard evidence surface tomorrow morning, proving once and for all that Adams had indeed been in the Provisional IRA and that he had orchistrated numerous murders it would make no difference at all (to his standing or his popularity within the Republican fold)!
    He can say anythinhg he likes and his popularity will remain very high (within Republican circles).

Not many others got invited to do honour guard around Nelson Mandelas coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

LordSutch wrote: »

What is this 'N-word' you speak of?

Can you elaborate further please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

What is this 'N-word' you speak of?

Can you elaborate further please?

No idea. I picked it up from post #46.

What?

Are we supposed to be outraged about him jumping naked on a trampoline with his dog?

Yez should be - there was none of that before gay marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

SURE WHY CAN THEY SAY IT AND I CAN'T HUH??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Insert Chris rock or Eddie Murphy video here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Not the word that makes me wince, enough people use it, not that it makes it right. The thing that grates is the victimhood Adams is giving himself. Appropriating suffering that, you might disagree, just does not apply to people with white skin.

In an Irish context, you *did* have a choice to pick up or lay down a gun, to arm or not arm the fuse on a car bomb, to simply walk away.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Not the word that makes me wince, enough people use it, not that it makes it right. The thing that grates is the victimhood Adams is giving himself. Appropriating suffering that, you might disagree, just does not apply to people with white skin.

In an Irish context, you *did* have a choice to pick up or lay down a gun, to arm or not arm the fuse on a car bomb, to simply walk away.

You'll find that's a result of the discrimination, not a cause of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Yo (insert 6 letter n-word).

Whats happenin' my (insert 6 letter n-word).

Nutter ?

Advertisement