Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A real case of PC gone mad

Options
  • 08-05-2016 2:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Gerry Adams is suspected of being a high ranking member of an organization that murdered countless people.
    He has insane left wing Marxist views.
    He admits he likes to jump naked on a trampoline with his poor dog.
    Many suspect him of really being a planted British agent.

All of the above and people still vote for him.

He types one word on social media and only then is there outrage.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Well, it was pretty dumb. But probably it's happening partly because he's suspected of being a high ranking member of an organization that murdered countless people, he doesn't seem to be gettable on that grounds so...

Hey, Al Capone was got on tax evasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Gerry Adams is an android.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Some say there is no chin behind Gerry Adams' beard - there is only another fist

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Poor dog me boll1x. It's thinking 'I'm chomping down on a sausage any minute now'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Topical and relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

It's PC gone mad, you're not even allowed say the n-word in public any more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 726 ✭✭✭RIGHTisRIGHT

Zillah wrote: »
    It's PC gone mad, you're not even allowed say the n-word in public any more.

That's not the point and you know it.
    For all this man is up to his neck in and people vote for him.
    One word and there is outrage.

What happened to the idea that killing people is a lot worse then calling somebody a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Point A: Most people don't like his history, but he doesn't seem to be arrestable on what the dogs in the street know (or are pretty damn suspicious of).

Point B: It was a dumb thing to write anyway and he got called on it. He wasn't exactly dragged through the streets to the gallows on a hurdle or anything.

Point C: I don't know who votes for that fella, but I don't think they're particularly sensible for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

What happened to the idea that killing people is a lot worse then calling somebody a name?

Who was outraged?
    The media reported an ill advised comment he made on Twitter because they knew it would sell papers.
    I discussed this with a friend, who happens to be black and he said he'd no issue with what Adams said.
    He drew an ill advised comparison between African American struggle for civil rights in America and the Nationalists struggle for civil rights in NI.
    If you actually pick away at what he said there's nothing to be outraged about and that's how the majority of people reacted.

• Advertisement

Samaris wrote: »
    Point A: Most people don't like his history, but he doesn't seem to be arrestable on what the dogs in the street know (or are pretty damn suspicious of).

Point B: It was a dumb thing to write anyway and he got called on it. He wasn't exactly dragged through the streets to the gallows on a hurdle or anything.

Point C: I don't know who votes for that fella, but I don't think they're particularly sensible for it.

Just to add on the point in bold I mean for people who know what he is how could I be shocked or outraged that he said a word?

I mean is like getting outraged for finding out that Jeffrey Dahmer had unpaid parking tickets or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Gerry Adams is often publicly criticised (by some) for his suspected IRA past.

Gerry Adams was publicly criticised (by some) for an incredibly stupid tweet, which people have largely stopped talking about.

How is this "PC gone mad" exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

My PC went mad recently, I just rebooted and it was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Enda Kenny drops the N-bomb...
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-leader-storm-after-******-joke-26243837.html

Ian Paisley Jr. Drops a C-bomb...
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/paisley-jnr-apologises-to-chinese-for-racist-remark-29024543.html

Mary O'Rourke drops an idiot bomb...
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/orourke-sparks-row-over-blacks-remarks-26403140.html

These are all clear cases of something meaning something rabble rabble...

....or maybe it just means Irish politicians are a wee bit thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Where in the world? PC World!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

The late night Saturday threads have really taken a dip in form haven't they?

Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams has revealed that when he’s not too busy dealing with political issues, he loves nothing more than a spot of naked trampolining with his dog.

Speaking on Irish radio station Newstalk, Adams said he likes to partake in the unusual hobby for ‘the joy of it’, after he mentioned it on his Twitter account.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/15/gerry-adams-loves-to-trampoline-naked-with-his-dog-for-the-joy-of-it-5063899/#ixzz481ZD5FoD

It's lucky for him that dog can't talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

Some say there is no chin behind Gerry Adams' beard - there is only another fist

I thought that was chuck norris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

The nude trampolining is an image I didn't need to have before sleep. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,202 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The n-comment was quite recent, so has been reported recently.

The other stuff from the past has been extensively reported in the past

If you want to read about the same "news" about Gerry's past every week, I would recommend the Independent as a suitable paper for you to get your news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The outrage isn't that he declared himself a n****r. It's that everyone knows he's a house n****r :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

It's lucky for him that dog can't talk.

Along with all the other dogs on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yeah nobody ever had a problem with Gerry Adams before this alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

His dog is his M15 handler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

He's no Lenin or Lennon when it comes to being a Marxist or using the ****** word respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

An Apple a day keeps the PC away

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I don't mind people referring to PC morons or SJW's when appropriate to debate. But these 'PC gone mad' threads are just both boring and tiring at this stage. The vast majority of people with a bit of backbone take no notice of these professional whinos OP. Relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

It's a disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,864 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Gerry Adams is suspected of being a high ranking member of an organization that murdered countless people.
    He has insane left wing Marxist views.
    Many suspect him of really being a planted British agent.

All of the above and people still vote for him.

He types one word on social media and only then is there outrage.:rolleyes:

Hundreds of people die every year in Irish hospitals that are left underinvested in by FF/FG/Lab to try to get people to go into private healthcare.

Meanwhile the same toerags milk the state with their grotesque salaries, perks and pensions.

But let's not discuss any of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

As somebody posted recently "Stick and stones may break my bones but words will leave deep psychological scars that will never heal". *

*May not be true.

Advertisement