Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logical thinking about County Boundaries

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,034 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Wicklow should be split up.

Give Bray and Greystones to Dublin
    Give Arklow to wexford
    Give Carnew/shilellagh etc to Carlow
    Give Blessington and Baltinglass to kildare

Have a tiny little county left

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,034 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

awec wrote: »
    Damn right too, wouldn't want to be associated with the yokels from south Armagh. ;)

In all seriousness I don't think county councils would make sense in NI any more. There is no way local issues in the very rural south Armagh are similar to the local issues in the much more urban north Armagh.

But sure there's loads of counties in the 26 counties like that where the county council doesn't make sense.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I agree leitrim should be divided out and the meaths should join.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Letree wrote: »
    I agree leitrim should be divided out and the meaths should join.

The only problem with dividing Leitrim up is that nobody would want any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Let's leave Leitrim as it is, it's the little runt we all pick on and no one wants to be the new Leitrim if it is abolished.

• Advertisement
Advertisement