Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2016 - Mentored Novices Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭ToriV

I was out. That weird substance on the road was peculiar alright. :) ran a mile warm up, then ran a mile with some very slightly
    faster intervals, mile cool down. Felt a bit top gun tonight....

Uh huh.

6496ca2e4fb1211128ec6290e0e5de72.jpg

ahh I loved Jessica Fletcher!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 crogerso

nop98 wrote: »
    crogerso
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101518598#post101518598
    Well done to such a perfectly executed race. Did you run with the OH all the way? Did you also have "the chat" beforehand like PaoloMN? The part from Castleknock to Chapelizod thorugh the Park has nice downhill stretches so no surprise you drifted ahead of PMP here. I appreciate your description of the emotional struggle (due to the worry of being able to keep the pace going) - as this is something, if you're not used to racing towards a target-time, that might be tough to deal with. Well done for toughening it out. So sorry to have missed you on Clonskeagh Road, it was very hard to spot anyone, we certainly didn't spot everybody we had hoped to see. I am so pleased you got to your A-goal, especially since you needed to keep going well to the end to keep close enough to the 4h pacers. Well done again! Just wondering, have you stopped dreaming about mileage?

Thanks for your response Nop. Myself and the OH did indeed run the whole thing together and I am so ridiculously delighted that it worked out and we were able to. Especially because we didn't have the 'chat' beforehand. Phew!!
    The end was definitely the toughest, we had a long stretch without ppl we knew which I really think helps! And the mileage dreams have stopped :D possibly because the miles have stopped as well. I had last week off and just chilled out and ate all around me. Haven't put the runners on since legs and mind just aren't ready yet. First bit of exercise was a 3m cycle to and from work today. Needless to say I hadn't checked the weather before making this decision. Took me 10min longer than usual to get in, definitely not recovered yet so I'll wait another week or so! I do plan to get back running but I think shorter distances for now.
    People keep asking me how the marathon was and if I would do it again and I definitely would but the Training is the bit that puts me off.... So I think 2017 will be a rest year for me marathon wise. I will be a very enthusiastic supporter in 2017 though to play some part!

I have loved reading all the race reports, some very inspirational stuff, close to tears on more than one occasion! Well done everyone!!!

To be sure I'm allowed remain on the graduate thread I thought I better answer Nops questions!

What went well with your training plan?
    I have to say the structure of having a plan was the best thing about it. It gave me a great sense of achievement to tick off each run on the plan, and it also gave me the motivation to go out when I wasn't exactly feeling like it. I managed to do all LSRs which I definitely think stood to me on the day.

What would you do differently with your training?
    I think I would probably try to have a better base before starting the plan. I was only just reaching 20 miles a week before starting and not even every week. It was hard to get used to the routine of running 5 days a week, but once I did it was ok!

What went well about the race?
    Myself and my OH managed to stay together for the entire race. Having trained together it was great to be able to run it together and have someone to acknowledge your pain with you and then push you to get through it. We kept a steady pace the whole way around and got our A Goal which I still smile just thinking about it. We didn't go out too fast on the advice of everyone here and this I think was what made it possible for us to achieve our goal.

What would you do differently if you could start the race again?
    I really don't think I would change a thing. I made sure to enjoy the atmosphere. TBH I think I would have found it impossible not to, the support was just amazing. It is one of the best things I have ever done and wouldn't change anything about it.

Other thoughts
    I know I would have found the training and the marathon itself a lot tougher without this thread. There is so much wisdom and great advice to be got from being a part of this and I think anyone thinking of running a marathon who is a little unsure of how to do it should sign up. This is somewhere that you will find people with the same questions and doubts as you have and then people that can help make those doubts go away. I did find the training a bit of a struggle at points but the day itself totally made up for that! A day I will not forget!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ToriV wrote: »
    ahh I loved Jessica Fletcher!

Me too. Wouldn't want her living next door though.

Right . I have decided to retire my current runners and looking at going to run logic in temple bar. Anyone been there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

ToriV wrote: »
    Right . I have decided to retire my current runners and looking at going to run logic in temple bar. Anyone been there?

I have been there but not to buy runners. They are lovely in there and very knowledgeable so you will be in good hands. They also have a guy who ran the Marathon at the Olympics in Rio. Very nice guy, had a good all chat with him about his experience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kabuxa

ToriV wrote:

Yes I have. I got runners there. 2 pairs. Very nice and knowledgeable. They are runners too. Very helpful too. I would def go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Been away on holidays since the day after the marathon, only getting round to posting my update on the big day.

The big day came and went great for me, got home in 4hours 21 minutes.
    Totally delighted with myself, what an occasion and what an achievement for myself.

Thankfully took my time early doors, lasted the pace, only started to struggle around mile 22 or so . The final mile the adrenalin kicked in and got me home smiling and overjoyed.

The people on the route, the other athletes, the kids on the route, the music, the encouragement , the finish line , the medal ! Overjoyed.

I have come a long way in 2 years from being unable to complete a 5k without a break to now being a person who has completed a marathon.

I done it in memory of my dad who passed away earlier this year, an emotional day for all the family .

I am now a Dublin city marathon 2016 finisher and the charity I ran for is over 2800 euro better off.

The sense of achievement has sent a huge positive vibe throughout the family considering the sad moments we have experienced this year.

Thanks to all of you on here for the advice, encouragement and pointers along the way on this journey.

I havnt put the runners on since the sunday of the marathon, tempted to put them back on this evening and enjoy a few 10ks a few nights a week , no pressure or constant marathon training schedule watching.

I will be back next year 2017 for sure !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

robinwing
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101545717#post101545717
    Thank you for your great report, I had a laugh at the antics from the eighties. I hope 30 years from now, some of this year's novices (or last year! :)) will fondly remember their first marathon while lacing up for another one. Well done on completing and an interesting observations comparing a 4h28 effort with a sub-3h all these years ago. Pity you didn't join us earlier, but I am glad you did eventually and I hope you're still on a high after finishing!

sgal
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101580696#post101580696
    Good job on finishing and novices for 2017, take note of the observation about walking and not feeling bad about it. Easy with the mileage so soon after - 3x a week definitely sounds a little too high, too soon! Well done again.

paddydriver
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101572943#post101572943
    Wow, what a super-report. So many details and the battle with red-balloon man certainly evokes memories from last year (I am sure Neady would agree) :) When the 4-hour group came through on Clonskeagh Road, I was looking for all the novices that I expected at that point (and I wanted to wave to the pacers too), all I remember seeing is your good self, looking extremely relaxed with a massive smile, coming over for a full-on high-five. Afterwards, in McG's, I was describing how well you looked (and we had noticed your sub-4 finish in awe) when suddenly you appeared that very moment. Funny moment. I would not for a minute have guessed you were having such a hard time already at that stage. Super well done on nailing your goal, despite having to work probably a little harder then expected! I guess the next step is that training log! (and that goes for all! :D).

Deleted User
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101543700#post101543700
    Well done on your debut mr partyjungle! And that off somewhat limited training, especially in terms of long runs! I can't believe you completed the 42km relatively unscratched while your previous longest run was 23km "only"… (and running it all with your phone in your hand!). I like the details about the mental battle (e.g. the awareness to stay alert to not loose running form) and the disappointment when the finishing crowd doesn’t turn out to be the finishing crowd at all! Also, running for an eternity to cover 400m sounds all too familiar. Quite an impressive result, running so consistent on your first marathon, so no wonder you're well pleased. Well done again!

andrew1977
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101608186#post101608186

Super well done on your debut - and as you say, your progress from barely being able to finish 5k to completing a marathon is remarkable. What a nice thing to do in memory of your dad - so well done again, also with the charitable work. As with everybody else, don't rush back, easy comfortable miles is all she wrote for November :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

nop98 wrote: »

paddydriver
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101572943#post101572943
    Wow, what a super-report. So many details and the battle with red-balloon man certainly evokes memories from last year (I am sure Neady would agree) :) When the 4-hour group came through on Clonskeagh Road, I was looking for all the novices that I expected at that point (and I wanted to wave to the pacers too), all I remember seeing is your good self, looking extremely relaxed with a massive smile, coming over for a full-on high-five. Afterwards, in McG's, I was describing how well you looked (and we had noticed your sub-4 finish in awe) when suddenly you appeared that very moment. Funny moment. I would not for a minute have guessed you were having such a hard time already at that stage. Super well done on nailing your goal, despite having to work probably a little harder then expected! I guess the next step is that training log! (and that goes for all! :D).

Thanks Nop.. I think as I passed you it was more tummy than body. Definitely had overdone on Gel's at that stage and also grabbed too big a handful of jellies off some kids in Templeogue.. just cannot resist the jellies!

I was thinking that I could just chomp down the Gel's as I was due to get more just before I met you so this is a lesson learned.

I may have looked OK in McG's but deep inside I was suffering.. think if I had touched a pint at that stage it would not have been pretty!

I'm easing back into some mileage now and really enjoying it. It's great to not have a specific pace to run for and I can just go out to run and maybe start to think what my PMP for 2017 should be.. but let's not get too far ahead. For now I just want to retain all the fitness I have built up and continue enjoy the running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭All or nothing

I had a post marathon visit to the physio and she has advised me to take at least 3-4 weeks off to let my plantar fasciatis heal in my feet. I went for a 3 mile walk on Sunday thinking that would be fine but my feet were very sore afterwards.

I've decided to sign up to improvers swimming lessons so at least I can keep up the fitness while I can't run. I have a small inkling to maybe do a Triatlon next summer. I better buy a bike first though.

kabuxa wrote: »
    Yes I have. I got runners there. 2 pairs. Very nice and knowledgeable. They are runners too. Very helpful too. I would def go.

Thanks you two. Looking forward to getting a new pair.

I had a post marathon visit to the physio and she has advised me to take at least 3-4 weeks off to let my plantar fasciatis heal in my feet. I went for a 3 mile walk on Sunday thinking that would be fine but my feet were very sore afterwards.

I've decided to sign up to improvers swimming lessons so at least I can keep up the fitness while I can't run. I have a small inkling to maybe do a Triatlon next summer. I better buy a bike first though.

Feel better. There are lots do try a tri events around so you can dip your toe in the triathlon waters first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Post marathon symptoms:

Can I run yet?
    No longer having days to tick off on the calendar
    Pair of runners looking lonely
    Less stuff to go in the laundry
    Wondering at 9:30 why I'm not in bed, wondering if going to bed earlier again might be good for general life stuff
    Can I run yet?
    Refreshing the thread and wondering why 30 new posts haven't appeared in an hour
    Oh, there's other threads - hey
    I need to pack my bag for running after work tomorrow, oh...
    Dear Legs, please hold
    Wondering if nop's union is paying him overtime
    Seeing others out running and wondering what they're up to
    Why is the Phoenix Park in my head?
    Can I run yet?
    When is 2017 again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mia_clim

pity that this year I can not :( I hope to participate in the marathon, but that next year will be something like this and I will be able to come

Post marathon symptoms:

Can I run yet?
    No longer having days to tick off on the calendar
    Pair of runners looking lonely
    Less stuff to go in the laundry
    Wondering at 9:30 why I'm not in bed, wondering if going to bed earlier again might be good for general life stuff
    Can I run yet?
    Refreshing the thread and wondering why 30 new posts haven't appeared in an hour
    Oh, there's other threads - hey
    I need to pack my bag for running after work tomorrow, oh...
    Dear Legs, please hold
    Wondering if nop's union is paying him overtime
    Seeing others out running and wondering what they're up to
    Why is the Phoenix Park in my head?
    Can I run yet?
    When is 2017 again?

Nice one TBO, I'm still barely ticking over here too with very little running this week either , my head is saying i want to get back into it proper but the body is sending conflicting reports , sometimes I,m feeling really good others I'm feeling slight niggles in various locations which are probably all in my head.

I am planning a 5 mile easy runs saturday , it's there in black and white now so it has to be done.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hi all, am doing a bit of research on GPS watches - would appreciate if any of you could PM me the total distance your watch recorded for DCM please (so long as you didn't leave it on while you collected your bag!). Km or miles, doesn't matter - just need the watch make and model and the total distance it recorded for you. Thanks!

Feel free to PM me if you prefer, or just enter the watch make/model and distance in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101616782#post101616782

I'm finally on top of my laundry!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

PauloMN wrote: »
    Hi all, am doing a bit of research on GPS watches - would appreciate if any of you could PM me the total distance your watch recorded for DCM please (so long as you didn't leave it on while you collected your bag!). Km or miles, doesn't matter - just need the watch make and model and the total distance it recorded for you. Thanks!

Feel free to PM me if you prefer, or just enter the watch make/model and distance in this thread:

An odd request, but happy to oblige.

Garmin Forerunner 225 - 42.6km / 26.47 miles

Probably pretty much exactly right tbh.

I left mine on until after I collected the bag so it'll be of no use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kabuxa

Answered on that thread but Garmin 225 = 26.4miles / 42.5km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Garmin 225. also 26.4 miles, but I was pacing, which might mean I ran a little longer than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I actually had 2 watches with me on the day, one in my pocket and one on my wrist.. (new and old, didn't trust the new one yet because it was its 2nd outing)

TomTom Runner: 42.24km
    Garmin Forerunner 735: 42.5km

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

My Garmin forerunner 15 had it at 42.32 km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The new runners arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tessie13

Hi All,

Apologies for not popping in sooner, have been crazy busy since the marathon. Congratulations to everyone on your marathon, what am amazing day, finding it hard not to keep talking about it. It's long, sorry !

Pre race:
    Woke up at 6.30 (which I thought was 5.30) because I didn’t put my clock back! Lay in bed thinking I’d lots of time to gather my thoughts when OH alarm went off! (He was doing it too.. his 4th DCM) It was 6.30 and we had to meet the bus at 7.. Panic stations, rushed breakfast, banged my knee of press (still have bruise), couldn’t find hairband was really worried this was going to be the start of things to come!
    Good buzz going up on bus, a couple of us were first timers but majority had done it before. Was feeling nervous and worrying over hip & knee! (Had been to physio few times in couple of weeks before, seemingly had put my ankle out and twisted something and that was causing pain) She taped me up for my own peace of mind but felt I’d get through it.. Hoping the pain was all in my head and once I started running I wouldn’t feel it..

Said my goodbye’s & good lucks to OH and rest of the group and 5 of us headed off to bag drop area and straight for toilets! Had a good hour before start so no panic but that hour just flew by! On way to start (wave 3) we all had to go to toilet again but the qs were unreal! We ended up missing the start of wave 3 and had to start in wave 4! The others were panicking but I knew if I let this get to me it would tip me over the edge, I was already very nervous, so I knew I needed to keep my cool..

I had followed an Asics plan for 4:30 but with missing 2 weeks training due to chest infection and 20 mile LSR I didn’t think that was achievable. But OH convinced me to start with 4:30 pacer and see how I got on.. But that went out the window when we missed the start of wave 3.. So I had to rely on watch and wristband I picked up at expo to pace myself, something I have never been very good at .. Yikes !!:eek:

And we’re off ……

Mile (1 – 5) 9:23, 9:59, 10:17, 9:59, 10:06
    We split up fairly quickly, with the other’s flying ahead, except for me and another girl that I didn’t know quite well but had got to know her on some LSR’s, we always stayed together up until the last few miles where she’d take off. Her plan A was for a sub 4:30 as well but I knew she had it in her to do better, but thought it would be nice to have the company for first few miles. We started off quicker than I would have liked, and it took us a few miles to get pace right!

The pain in my hip was there from the start but was hoping it would ease as I warmed up. I was still feeling quite apprehensive and was focusing a lot on the pace and the pain to really enjoy the first few miles. When we got into the park I knew my friends would be there somewhere so was distracted looking out for them and the miles flew by! Seen a few people I knew and high 5 the kiddies! Took my first gel at mile 5 (the plan was to take a gel at every 5 miles and a cliff block in between) Got a shout from the DJ and decided there and then I am going to make sure I enjoy this as much as I can while not taking for granted that I would finish. The pain in my hip reminded me of this…:(

Mile (6 -13) 10:12, 10:11, 9:52, 9:51, 9:56, 10:23, 10:13, 10:05

Met my friends at about mile 6, was so emotional to see them! Gave them a big hug and motored on. Into Castle knock. All I can say is WOW !! Everyone talks about the support here and really was goose bump stuff, the hairs were standing on back of neck, it was incredible! This gave us a real boost and I couldn’t stop smiling! :D I felt great with my breathing but as I headed back into the park I was concerned with the pain in my hip. It wasn’t easing so while I was enjoying the experience so far I was careful not to lose the run of myself. I had 2 solpadine in my pocket to take around half way just in case..

Out of the park and onto Chapellizard .. again support was amazing! You really cannot underestimate how the support gives you a boost. There was a few people here I knew, more hugs and high 5’s, I was loving it !! But the pain was a constant reminder not to lose the “run” of myself!

Just after the halfway mark I saw a sign .. It had my name on it ??? :eek:And there were my daughter’s and my friend … loads more hugging & kissing, really felt great to see them. My friend asked me seriously are you ok? You look good, you sure? Yeah I feel good but have pain, going to take a painkiller! Which I went to do and realised they had busted in my pocket.. No Pain relief !!:mad::eek:

Mile (14 – 22) 10:34, 10:43, 10:10, 10:16, 10:13, 10:05, 10:09, 10:00, 10:27

Ok I got this far, still feeling pretty good, except for the pain! My head was wrecked, will I get through the rest of it, Will the pain get worse, of course it will, I need to get something or my head is going to let me down.. my running buddy spotted first aiders but they had none ???? Sh*t.. starting to panic, and then this lovely lady asked me did I need a pain killer, she gave me a nurofen and all was right in the world again! Phew… did they work? I don’t know, still feeling pain, but taking it put my mind at ease and that is when I really started to enjoy it! I had gotten this far, I might actually do this, lot’s of smiling and high 5’s ….:):):)

Met more friends at Walkinstown roundabout, again spine tingling support, I just loved it! My running buddy agreed this was no flat course but for some reason the hills weren’t bothering me at all, I hate hills normally, could cry thinking about them before long runs, but for some reason I was taking them all in my stride.. We started to meet some of our running buddies now that had gone ahead of us! This was tough, to see them struggling, what do we do? Should we stop and support them, these were people we had done LSR’s with, moaned and groaned about all the training ! We offered but of course they would have none of it… words of encouragement and best wishes and off we went with silent prayers they’d be ok…

I was waiting to hit the dreaded wall.. Although I was pacing myself well, taking gels as planned, still feeling pretty good, I was waiting for that moment when I knew I would have to dig deep, like I had to do in most of my LSR’s.. I told my running buddy to push on when it happened… But it didn’t happen, in fact my running buddy was telling me to push on because she was struggling, but there was no way I was risking it, yeah I felt good now, and I probably could but with 4.2 miles to go in what has been a good experience so far, I still wasn’t taking anything for granted ….

Mile (23 – 26.2) 10:18, 9:48, 10:03, 10:01

We’re going to do this! We had come this far now, we will finish together! She seemed to have got by her bad patch, and with words of encouragement from yours truly we were going to this together! We’re on the home stretch, 5k to go … I am still loving it, in fact I was loving it more with every mile marker we passed… 40k, just 2k to go, emotions are starting to set in, I say to running buddy I just can’t wait to see my family at the finish, my brother, sister’s niece’s nephew’s, my mammy and of course my children & hubby who I knew was finished well before now! I knew they’d all be there !! But this one was for my Dad, who is quite ill at the moment, and I couldn’t wait to put that medal around his neck, because I was going to get that medal, and it was the first time, with 2k to go that I actually believed I was…

800 metres to go…. OMG the crowds, It was amazing !! It was here I left my running buddy, we didn’t finished together, and instead I dropped her for someone else.. 400 meter’s to go and I see some of my family, whooho!! then my youngest jumps the barrier and grabs my hand, oh gosh this is amazing, then 50 meter’s ahead on the opposite side more family and my second youngest jumps the barrier and grabs my other hand, there are no words to describe how I am feeling right now… I cross the finish line with my favourite little people and it was one of the best moments of my life… My new favourite running buddy finished a couple of seconds before … I did in 4:27:25 !!

After the race!

I am buzzing, I just can't believe how much I enjoyed that! I thought I would finish saying never again !! Yeah I had pain but I overcame it, I didn't hit the dreaded wall, because I paced myself, I finished in a time that surpassed my expectations, because I paced myself, I finished smiling, because I paced myself. So you got it, if I could give one bit of advise to anyone doing the marathon for the first time is PACE YOURSELF! I have made that mistake so may times in half's, 10k's, starting out to fast and struggling at the finish! If there's one thing I'm most proud of it's that, not my time, but that I paced myself, so I could enjoy what was one of the best experiences of my life! I know I was lucky, and I am very grateful that it all went right for me on the day ....

I only came across this thread a couple of weeks before the big day, but the advise & tips I picked up really helped me! Congratulations to you all again

davedanon wrote: »
    Garmin 225. also 26.4 miles, but I was pacing, which might mean I ran a little longer than usual.

Paces did a great job on the day. Never got a chance to thank the three guys I ran with but they were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

I am trying to follow the HH post marathon plan...ran 2m last Thursday, tired legs but no major pain, was in Dublin on Sunday and tried to run for 30 minutes in Marlay Park but had to stop after about 15 minutes with a pain just below my left knee and on the outside...tried rubbing my IT band and calf and it was ok for couple of minutes but then started again. I iced it and then heat when I got home, no pain when I walked, hurt slightly coming downstairs. Tried to do 5k last night, same again, ok for about 2k and then more pain :( So I will have to take a few days (hopefully only a few!) off and continue to RICE and hope it settles down, if not physio :( Hope everyone else is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

FITZA wrote: »
    I am trying to follow the HH post marathon plan...ran 2m last Thursday, tired legs but no major pain, was in Dublin on Sunday and tried to run for 30 minutes in Marlay Park but had to stop after about 15 minutes with a pain just below my left knee and on the outside...tried rubbing my IT band and calf and it was ok for couple of minutes but then started again. I iced it and then heat when I got home, no pain when I walked, hurt slightly coming downstairs. Tried to do 5k last night, same again, ok for about 2k and then more pain :( So I will have to take a few days (hopefully only a few!) off and continue to RICE and hope it settles down, if not physio :( Hope everyone else is ok.

Hey Fitza, sounds exactly like the injury I have been dealing with. I would recommend a physio straight away before doing any damage. Most likely weak glutes or hip flexors or both are causing the issue. Google the pigeon stretch, really simple to do and should really help but the physio will identify your issue straight away and help you address it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 faithmc

Evening all. The weather was nice and dry this evening so nothing for it but to finally bite the bullet, lace up the runners and hit the road with the gang. 4 miles done and felt good to be back. I was giggling to myself at how long it felt between 1.5 miles and 2 and how my earphones were back in and up loud!!!! Lower back is a little tight tonight which reminded me that I just can't ignore my non-existent core anymore. I ignored it disgracefully thru all my training so I think I just need to reward it for carrying me through the marathon by getting into the gym and locating it!!!!!!!! A few of my gang are talking about doing Limerick at the end of April after seeing me finish Dublin so I think that's gonna be my next outing Eeeeek!!!! Anyone else considering it or know anything about it?

Advertisement