Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have you ever made someone cry?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

@brianregan09 some people act like butter wouldn't melt, not like ya used her for the ride, some women are clueless when it comes to realising when they're punching above their weight (same goes for some men). She seems like the clingy type not able to take a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mohawk wrote: »
    I am the oldest of four siblings and the mother of one so yeah I have made people cry.

Had to read that twice! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

armaghlad wrote: »
    @brianregan09 some people act like butter wouldn't melt, not like ya used her for the ride, some women are clueless when it comes to realising when they're punching above their weight (same goes for some men).

Yeah loike seriously, how could she not see it's totes morto as a 5, to fancy a 7. :rolleyes:

@brianregan09 some people act like butter wouldn't melt, not like ya used her for the ride, some women are clueless when it comes to realising when they're punching above their weight (same goes for some men). She seems like the clingy type not able to take a hint.

Yes and that's a great reason for speaking to someone in an absolutely abhorrent way. But sure when you're young and stupid what harm.

Yes and that's a great reason for speaking to someone in an absolutely abhorrent way. But sure when you're young and stupid what harm.
    Oh no its a **** thing to do. I don't condone it. But sometimes people are the masters of their own downfall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Oh no its a **** thing to do. I don't condone it. But sometimes people are the masters of their own downfall.

none of the other posts came across as 'scumbag' as that one, that's why posters are all over it

Lackey wrote: »
    none of the other posts came across as 'scumbag' as that one, that's why posters are all over it
    Well I've heard of guys who have insulted women out of the blue for no reason whatsoever, comments on weight, looks etc which can destroy a person's confidence. This isn't much better but there is context to it.

I remember seeing my friend's sister out on a night out and the first thing that came into my head was to shout "slut!" at her. I have no idea why I did that other than being locked and I was mortified the next day when I realised and apologised to her for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

This isn't much better but there is context to it.

I remember seeing my friend's sister out on a night out and the first thing that came into my head was to shout "slut!" at her. I have no idea why I did that other than being locked and I was mortified the next day when I realised and apologised to her for doing it.

No it's no better at all, regardless of context. Drink is no excuse to act like a d1ck. It's just a reason people give when they fcuk up.

Like the word I'm sorry. People use that as a get out of jail free card like it means anything. Don't do something to be so sorry for in the first place.

Everyone makes mistakes, but most aren't abusive and hurtful when it's unwarranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Well I've heard of guys who have insulted women out of the blue for no reason whatsoever, comments on weight, looks etc which can destroy a person's confidence. This isn't much better but there is context to it.

Seriously what on earth is wrong with you that you would just randomly shout that at someone? Have you no respect for women at all ?

I made an ex boyfriend cry when I was 22. We were out for a few drinks and instead of me just hanging out with him I was also having the craic with his friends. He got very emotional afterwards and told me he just wouldn't know how to cope if he lost me.

When I was a little girl I was jealous of another child. I was mean to her. One day I pushed her really hard one. I got in a lot of trouble over that. To this day I feel bad inside when I think of it.

Another time when I was about seven and my cousin was maybe four I threw a bowl of God knows what over her head. We were making some kind of concoction. She ran in crying. I got a few clatters for that.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    Seriously what on earth is wrong with you that you would just randomly shout that at someone? Have you no respect for women at all ?
    Yes clearly I don't. An isolated incident now means I have no respect for females. Oh and for the record she is a slut.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

When I was 13 I made my brother cry (he was 15) when he was met with a right haymaker to the nose,
    his nose was broken:eek:
    He never pissed me off again after that :D

No it's no better at all, regardless of context. Drink is no excuse to act like a d1ck. It's just a reason people give when they fcuk up.

Like the word I'm sorry. People use that as a get out of jail free card like it means anything.Don't do something to be so sorry for in the first place.

Everyone makes mistakes, but most aren't abusive and hurtful when it's unwarranted.
    Drink isn't an excuse to go out and act a dick but unfortunately it can have that affect on people; and in that sense causes people to behave differently to what they would be like when they're sober.

So yes context does make some difference but doesn't fully excuse poor behaviour. Like I said before some people are abusive when they are sober without any provocation, which is much worse.

Oh and for the record she is a slut.

Sweet divine jaysus.

Sweet divine jaysus.
    Lol. She is though! Well she falls under my definition of the term anyway (ie serial cheater)

I have no respect for females. Oh and for the record she is a slut.

That's more like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Hundred of them...

* wheel spins off on harley...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And now I'm being called a scumbag....think I might cry ����

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Robsweezie wrote:
    When I was about 10, I made a comment to friends about a girl with a good chunk of weight on her, calling her "extremely large". Word got back to the the girl somehow and she was crying down the road. Her cousin confronted me about it like " why would you say that?". I later felt guilty and cried myself when I told my parents about it. It was horrible knowing my words had that effect on someone.

And the poor girl should really have been crying because her parents were neglecting her health. People with fat children should be subject to investigation by social services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Lol. She is though! Well she falls under my definition of the term anyway (ie serial cheater)

Oh Lord, stop digging buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭anewme

On my previous post I don't condone or think anything of what I did was right on any level and I know I was a nasty little **** back then when I said that, it was a culmination of a months worth of humiliation in front of my friends anytime I went out and yes I felt terrible about it and it always sticks in my head to this day it was 10 years ago and I'll never forget , but for some randomer on a message board to then make an assumption about me and my fiancee on one moment of my life where I wasn't the brightest ain't on either in fairness in the pursuit of likes or whatever on here look at the thread title I doubt qwho ever started this thread was expecting sunshine and rainbows

And to put it some context on the girl not that it's needed the same one went out a friend of mine after that and 3 times she feigned being pregnant to keep onto him no joke girl has severe issues and I handled the situation totally wrong from the very start I should have never texted her back and cut off all contact after the 1st night and that was mistake so yeah it's definitely all my fault but again people make mistakes

I'm the randomer who gave their opinion on your original post.

Your post reads as very hateful and downright nasty. The point I was getting at is NOWHERE in your original post do you acknowledge what you did was wrong. Your post actually comes across as almost being cocky and proud of what you done as in "yeah i'm going to hell "

You say this incident as being 10 years ago but still describe the person in very disrespectful terms as...."she wasn't the best looking by any stretch and the kind that you wince when the nightclub light come on at the end of the night but I was fleutered"

There is absolutely no need to speak about someone like that. 10 years ago or now. Or Ever. How would you feel if someone described your mother, sister or fiancee like that? Its tantamount to bullying and I have to say its great to say more and more people calling people out on this type of behaviour.

There is no need to push further blame on the girl or say she has issues, thats really irrelevant, you can only influence your own behaviour, not hers.

No one has asked for sunshine and rainbows, life is not like that, but if you admit to being a complete D***, then be prepared for people (be they randomers or whoever) to call it as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭anewme

eviltwin wrote: »
    Seriously what on earth is wrong with you that you would just randomly shout that at someone? Have you no respect for women yourself at all ?

Fixed post.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yes. Over ending a relationship as well. Felt like sh!t over it. Would never go out to hurt someone intentionally.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm wondering if someone who posted claiming they had made someone cry by, say, cheating in a relationship would attract as much vitriol as brianregan's post..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

I used to think you were cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Ficheall wrote: »
    I'm wondering if someone who posted claiming they had made someone cry by, say, cheating in a relationship would attract as much vitriol as brianregan's post..

You can't compare the two they're completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Ficheall wrote: »

People have said lots of things...they don't read as bad as that post.. it's the attitude not the act.
    Same details minus the ' Lolz bants ' way it reads would have got no vitriol same as the other posts.

I used to think you were cool.
    My mom thinks I'm cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

@Lackey and anewme

If you want to find fault in everything I do that's fine , be it what I did (which I've said several times I was wrong in doing) or now my supposed attitude and ...(the way) my post is written....lets try this again

Had a clingy girl embarrass me numerous times in front of my friends....one night while under the influence she did it again , this time in front of a load of people making up lies while she's at it and in doing this I got angry and said something totally out of character and terrible and afterwards I felt horrible about it and totally regretted it ....

The way its written up there read better you ^^^^^

The whole I'm going to hell comment was not saracastic or for the bants or lols or whatever you want to say next it was what I meant IE: I did a terrible thing and knew it
    but sure look people are going to take it how ever they want

And I've a right to defend myself aswell but choose not to really because since I posted it yes i've been called out but also people have questioned my fiancee's decision to be with me more or less, I've been called a scumbag ...amongst other things ...typical make assumumptions on someone you think you know because they did a certain thing and described it a certain way

and I'm not going to post anymore on this anywhere but I've said now I know what i did was wrong and of course I'd hate anyone to say anything like that about any of my relations or fiancee but fact is it happened regrettably and me and that very girl are very much on speaking terms and friendly with one another as soon as the following day....actually people on here have been mad at me longer than she was back then.

and I suppose no one else on here at all has ever done something stupid and regretted it ....Na'h you're all mummy's special little guys with which butter wouldn't melt as someone else said earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You can't compare the two they're completely different.
    I agree, cheating is far worse, of course. My point still stands though.

Lackey wrote: »
    People have said lots of things...they don't read as bad as that post.. it's the attitude not the act.
    Same details minus the ' Lolz bants ' way it reads would have got no vitriol same as the other posts.

Really? We must be reading different replies. I was looking at these ones:
    anewme wrote: »
    I'm not sure what is worse, the fact that you actually spoke to another person in that manner (drink ..."or other stuff" is irrelevant) OR the fact that you actually admit to doing so.
    Agreed. Drunk or not that's a shocking way to treat someone.
    Ouch.

Just...ouch.

That's bad. I hope and trust you crawled back and begged forgiveness. Calling an upset woman out on her looks in front of a crowd is pretty vile, no matter how clingy she was. She must have been stunned, it must have been crushing.

Brianregan was obviously a dick, but some of you are carrying on like your **** don't stink.

Advertisement